Centurion 20th anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Centurion 20th anniversary

I got an annual email from Centurion reminding me of how often I used the card and how many years I've had it, etc. I (and all the other charter members) am in my 19th year of Centurion membership. So I thought I'd start one of those rumor threads about what Amex will do for us on the 20th anniversary of the card. Any good ideas? I think they should have a good party for everyone at some nice location. I'm sure there are less than 200 of us out there. Maybe less than 100.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
I got an annual email from Centurion reminding me of how often I used the card and how many years I've had it, etc. I (and all the other charter members) am in my 19th year of Centurion membership. So I thought I'd start one of those rumor threads about what Amex will do for us on the 20th anniversary of the card. Any good ideas? I think they should have a good party for everyone at some nice location. I'm sure there are less than 200 of us out there. Maybe less than 100.
Mine says 18 years however my card says Charter Member so was charter membership a 2 year process?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by sdix
Mine says 18 years however my card says Charter Member so was charter membership a 2 year process?
That is a head-scratcher. Wait, does it say you have been a member for 18 years? Mine does too, which means we are now in our 19th year.

Hope I see you at the 20th anniversary party!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
That is a head-scratcher. Wait, does it say you have been a member for 18 years? Mine does too, which means we are now in our 19th year.

Hope I see you at the 20th anniversary party!
The Centurion email I got says 18 years.

My first charge on my Cent was 12/3/1999 so 18 years is close.

My member since date is 1980
Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:54 am

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
My account is definitely that old or close, I think it was 1999 for me as well. My card doesn't say "charter member" on it however, but I've had it without break since almost the US inception.

I still have that letter from Amex saying that they were raising the annual fee to $2500 but for us "charter members" the annual fee would remain $1000. That didn't last long.

20 year anniversary? How about bring back Starwood Platinum!
hi55us likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: Amex Cent, DE Plat, UA1K, Globalist, etc.
Starwood got sold to Marriott, it would be short lived!
Old Mar 4, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: SK EBD, AX Cent, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Club-A Plat, Avis' PC, CC Gold,Hertz PC, CX Diamond,BA Bronz
First charge on my Cent Card was May-99. No letters for us UK Charter members as of yet(?)
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:15 pm

Programs: Various
UK Centurion launched March 99; and US Centurion was October 99.

There was an event in London for the 5th anniversary of UK Centurion that was done in conjunction with McQueen. I seem to recall something was done for 10th Anniversary too, which was around the time of the refresh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.