Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Free weekend night for Aspire Hilton credit card not honored?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free weekend night for Aspire Hilton credit card not honored?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by azepine00
Took about 3 mo for free nt to arrive after upgrade from ascend..
Did this show in the activity section? Citi certs used to show in the activity, but this Amex one doesn't, although I got the email and cert ID.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Agreed took 10-12 wks to get the Cert for conversion from Ascend to Aspire. Anniversary is in March, will see how timely that one is.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:37 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
.... Anniversary is in March, will see how timely that one is.
Hilton Honors Annual Free Weekend Night Reward
During each year of your Card Membership, you will receive one Annual Free Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors. The Annual Free Weekend Night Reward will be issued in the form of a redeemable code and sent in an email from Hilton Honors to the email address listed on your Hilton Honors account. You will receive the reward email within 8-14 weeks after opening your Card Account and each year within 8-14 weeks after your Card Account anniversary date. This benefit is only available to the Basic Card Member on the Card Account. The Annual Free Weekend Night Reward can be redeemed for one weekend night standard accommodation, double occupancy, subject to availability at properties in the Hilton portfolio, excluding those listed at HiltonHonors.com/weekendreward. A weekend night is defined as Friday, Saturday or Sunday night. To redeem the Annual Free Weekend Night Reward, Card Members must call 1-800-446-6677 and mention the code provided by Hilton Honors. The Annual Free Weekend Night Reward expires within one year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed on or before the expiration date. An Annual Free Weekend Night Reward will be forfeited if not redeemed on or before the expiration date. Card members are only eligible to receive this benefit once per year of your Card membership. You are only eligible to receive the Annual Free Weekend Night Reward once per year of Card membership, and you are only able to receive this benefit with an upgrade to the Hilton Honors Aspire Card one time.

To ensure receipt of the reward e-mail notification, you should confirm the correct email address is listed on your Hilton Honors account profile. You can also check your Hilton Honors account for the status of any Annual Free Weekend Night Reward issued to you (including the expiration date) by calling 1-800-446-6677. The Annual Free Weekend Night Reward is not transferable and may not be redeemed for cash or Hilton Honors Points. An Annual Free Weekend Night Reward may be combined with other Hilton or Free Night promotions in market and may be added to an existing paid or Reward stay. A Free Weekend Night Reward includes all applicable resort fees and taxes on the cost of the room for the redeemed night. The Card Member is responsible for all incidental charges.Annual Free Weekend Night Reward redemptions may be cancelled pursuant to the Free Weekend Night Reward cancellation policy on the Hilton Honors Program website (hiltonhonors.com).
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Agreed took 10-12 wks to get the Cert for conversion from Ascend to Aspire. Anniversary is in March, will see how timely that one is.
When I upgraded to Aspire, Amex waited 45 days before charging annual fee. Then I got the email that the cert would be delivered soon.
A week later it was deposited in my HH account. When I hit my anniversary, I was charged the annual fee and received the email for my next cert.'
It too was in my HH account within a week.
sdsearch and jiaogulan like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by eajusa
When I upgraded to Aspire, Amex waited 45 days before charging annual fee. Then I got the email that the cert would be delivered soon.
A week later it was deposited in my HH account. When I hit my anniversary, I was charged the annual fee and received the email for my next cert.'
It too was in my HH account within a week.
Did you use the first cert before the second one arrived? Or did you have both cert active at the some time?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by robchow
Did you use the first cert before the second one arrived? Or did you have both cert active at the some time?
I received both before I used the first one.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PPE with Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
We should be coming up on card anniversaries soon for the Hilton Aspire Card. Has anyone reached their card anniversary yet? It will be interesting to see how long the free night award takes to arrive. My free night award for card sign up took months to arrive in my account (same for many others on this thread), however the free night for $15k spend on my Hilton Business card posted right away.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 1:23 pm
Suspended

Can someone confirm? The $250 resort property credit. Does the credit count toward the actual cost of the room? i.e. if I book 1 night at the Hilton Tokyo Bay (which is on the list of properties) for $120, do I get reimbursed the $120? Or is the credit only for incidentals incurred at the property?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by kapooncha
Can someone confirm? The $250 resort property credit. Does the credit count toward the actual cost of the room? i.e. if I book 1 night at the Hilton Tokyo Bay (which is on the list of properties) for $120, do I get reimbursed the $120? Or is the credit only for incidentals incurred at the property?
Check out the extensive wiki in this thread about that benefit: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...rt-credit.html

Last edited by mia; Jan 26, 2019 at 3:41 pm Reason: Activate link
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:31 am

Did the two-upgrade shuffle; Ascend in September and Aspire in November. First week of January got the free night certificate.

Can I/should I expect another? Hoping that what was posting was the Ascend but maybe they don't allow us to get two?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kapooncha
Didn't you already ask this question in another thread where I answered it the other day? I seem to remember seeing this "backward phrasing" about the same question just the other day: The credit "counts toward" whatever to use it for! It's what it's "earned on" (not what it "counts toward") that you seem to be asking. And, yes, it's earned on room rates, as long as they're billed directly by the hotel (which they won't be if it's advance purchase rate for a hotel in the USA, since those will be billed by Hilton central).
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Didn't you already ask this question in another thread where I answered it the other day? I seem to remember seeing this "backward phrasing" about the same question just the other day: The credit "counts toward" whatever to use it for! It's what it's "earned on" (not what it "counts toward") that you seem to be asking. And, yes, it's earned on room rates, as long as they're billed directly by the hotel (which they won't be if it's advance purchase rate for a hotel in the USA, since those will be billed by Hilton central).
Yes. If you check the date/time of my post here, it was posted before you answered the question on the other thread.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:20 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by hyperzulu
My wife's Ascend card was targeted for the upgrade offer and I slept on it for a while, now it's gone. IMO it's worth it for a year...
Now I have an upgrade offer when I log in (I have the no fee vanilla HH card), very tempted to upgrade with 150K points, free annual night (first one without spend requirement), airline credits. Do you know how long the upgrade offer lasted until it was gone? I'd like to get it but it'd be at least a while until I meet spend for SPG (gone next month). It'd be a good way to get bonus without opening a new card.

In the mean time, the Ascend upgrade offer has 0 sign on bonus, no free night (unless you spend 15K), no credits for hotel and airlines. Seems like the worst of the 3 HH cards.

Originally Posted by eajusa

The answer is that your stay must be completed before the one year expiration.
This is confirmed at https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....t-certificate/

So HH goes by "Stay by date" rather than "Book by date". The latter would enable me to stack up a 2-night stay using 2 annual free nights of different membership years.

Last edited by vincewy; Jan 30, 2019 at 11:50 pm
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vincewy
Now I have an upgrade offer when I log in (I have the no fee vanilla HH card), very tempted to upgrade with 150K points, free annual night (first one without spend requirement), airline credits. Do you know how long the upgrade offer lasted until it was gone? I'd like to get it but it'd be at least a while until I meet spend for SPG (gone net month). It'd be a good way to get bonus without opening a new card.
For my wife it went away right after her new statement - so about 30 days.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Now I see there's also Ascend upgrade offer for 150,000 points with less spend.

Has anyone done double upgrades with bonuses both times before successfully? I'll get to Aspire later anyway and would be fine if there would be no way to get more bonus but having less spend requirement ($3000 vs $4000) helps for the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.