Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Free weekend night for Aspire Hilton credit card not honored?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free weekend night for Aspire Hilton credit card not honored?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2018, 1:06 pm

I opened a new Aspire CC account on August 2nd. The Hilton free weekend night certificate is a general benefit of my card, and due between weeks 8 and 14 after card opening, but I haven't received it yet. We are now in week 19. I've called Amex 5-6 times and gotten nowhere. Reps are apologetic and tell me it should've been issued, but that doesn't help. A case was eventually opened by Amex on November 23rd, but the last time I inquired on December 12 no action had been taken. Similar calls to Hilton have gotten nowhere. I feel I could be having the same conversation this time next year. Does anyone have a new strategy (or a complaint line) I could try.

Update: Sod's law. My free weekend email arrived the next day. Week 19

Last edited by JezFleming; Dec 17, 2018 at 5:31 pm Reason: Update available
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by hyperzulu
It would be an interesting data point.

EDIT: I actually checked my wife's account again now that it's been a few days after her statement closed and the upgrade offer is back. I made a mistake, the credits are $250 for airline and $250 for resort, both, rather than $200 for airline. This does seem to be part of her offer to upgrade. I assume it's the same for you, but this is just an upgrade offer, not an upgrade WITH bonus spend like it was last month.
So I called, and on the phone they verified the $250 credits. I asked why that was not part of my written offer, and he said he didn't know. I'd feel better if I had the $250 offer in writing, but I went ahead and made the upgrade. I'll keep things posted here.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:00 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JezFleming
I opened a new Aspire CC account on August 2nd. The Hilton free weekend night certificate is a general benefit of my card, and due between weeks 8 and 14 after card opening, but I haven't received it yet. We are now in week 19. I've called Amex 5-6 times and gotten nowhere. Reps are apologetic and tell me it should've been issued, but that doesn't help. A case was eventually opened by Amex on November 23rd, but the last time I inquired on December 12 no action had been taken. Similar calls to Hilton have gotten nowhere. I feel I could be having the same conversation this time next year. Does anyone have a new strategy (or a complaint line) I could try.

Update: Sod's law. My free weekend email arrived the next day. Week 19
I’m in a similar boat. Haven’t gotten the free night nor the 150k bonus points. I’ve had a case opened for a couple weeks now. Getting pretty annoyed
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:19 pm

Hilton playa del carmen all inclusive

Has anyone used a free weekend night certificate at the hilton playa del carmen all inclusive property,? I know all inclusives are typically excluded but this one isn't listed as excluded on the free weekend night certificate website.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:01 pm

The OP mentions the ambiguous language of the offer: "Enjoy one weekend night reward with your new Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card and every year after renewal. " I read that to mean you get one night with the card (i.e., when you upgrade to the new card), AND next year if I renew I will get another night. I guess that's a wrongful interpretation.

Wonder if they make it ambiguous on purpose...

Last edited by cheaptom; Jan 1, 2019 at 6:07 pm
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cheaptom
The OP mentions the ambiguous language of the offer: "Enjoy one weekend night reward with your new Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card and every year after renewal. " I read that to mean you get one night with the card (i.e., when you upgrade to the new card), AND next year if I renew I will get another night. I guess that's a wrongful interpretation.

Wonder if they make it ambiguous on purpose...
Your interpretation is correct. I was given a free night cert after upgrading to Aspire.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by United747

I’m in a similar boat. Haven’t gotten the free night nor the 150k bonus points. I’ve had a case opened for a couple weeks now. Getting pretty annoyed
I didn't get the free night nor the 100k bonus points. Amex opened a case and both were resolved in my favor in about 3 -4 weeks.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Upgraded to Aspire 11/7 and no certificate as of yet today.. bonus and both credits posted promptly after spends. Card anniversary was 12/6 (AF posted 12/26) so hopefully that wasn't a factor for getting this certificate for the "first year".

Edit: received 1/10

Last edited by frudd38; Jan 12, 2019 at 1:04 pm
Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:25 am

In a similar situation as many here - never received bonus nor free weekend night. Have emailed 3 times and always gotten the standard "please allow 5-7 business days to look into" response. Just checked and saw that they added the 150k pts to my account, but still no weekend night. How frustrating that we have to badger them for weeks on end to receive the benefits they offer.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Took about 3 mo for free nt to arrive after upgrade from ascend..
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:38 am

FYI, the certificates are good for "standard rooms" only, not "premium rooms".
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Please be careful when you cancel a reservation made with a certificate. The certificate don't go back to the account and you will have difficultly using that certificate. This is really unacceptable on part of Hilton so it might make sense to complain to hilton.

Last edited by mia; Jan 13, 2019 at 3:43 pm Reason: Moderator is aware of cross-posting in Hilton forum.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frudd38
Upgraded to Aspire 11/7 and no certificate as of yet today.. bonus and both credits posted promptly after spends. Card anniversary was 12/6 (AF posted 12/26) so hopefully that wasn't a factor for getting this certificate for the "first year".

Edit: received 1/10
so this one was for card upgrade - should there be another one coming soon based on anniversary?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
so this one was for card upgrade - should there be another one coming soon based on anniversary?
Should be, guessing another month or so, will update then.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
Please be careful when you cancel a reservation made with a certificate. The certificate don't go back to the account and you will have difficultly using that certificate. This is really unacceptable on part of Hilton so it might make sense to complain to hilton.
Did you cancel via phone agent or online? For certificate reservations I always made sure to cancel via agent (during the Citi cert days).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.