Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Free weekend night for Aspire Hilton credit card not honored?

Free weekend night for Aspire Hilton credit card not honored?

Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: Hilton D, UA 1MM LT 1K-, LT UAClub, DL MS, DL 1MM, Former LT PClub, CO Infinite Elite
Hmm, did not track specifically but probably a week or so.
Not 2 same notices, but 1 from AMEX saying to watch for the one from Hilton. The one from Hilton is the one that counts; arrived a few days (don't recall exact) later.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 6:21 pm

I just got approved for Hilton Aspire 9/10/2018, when can i expect to receive free night certificate? I plan to use it on thanksgiving weekend at Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas, will the cert arrive in time before standard award is sold out?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I just got approved for Hilton Aspire 9/10/2018, when can i expect to receive free night certificate? I plan to use it on thanksgiving weekend at Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas, will the cert arrive in time before standard award is sold out?
Mine took two and a half months. I opted in early. Not sure if it's changed.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Mine took two months. I had applied in mid-June.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:02 am

Free Night Expiration

Hoping one of the experts here can help me out. I have two free weekend night certificates with an expiration of October 14th. My Mom is dying of cancer so we had to cancel our trip to Italy where we had planned to use them. I am now wondering the specifics of the expiration date of 10/14.
1. Are they valid for a stay checking in 10/13 and checking out 10/14?
2. Are they valid for a stay checking in 10/14 and checking out 10/15?
My guess would be yes on 1 and no on 2, but I would really appreciate any thoughts from someone on experience with this. I already tried asking for an extension due to circumstances, no dice.
Thanks
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
My guess is yes on 1, maybe on 2. I'd say if you want to do #2 just call and try to make the booking and see what happens
travel4free likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:03 pm

I got approved for American Express Aspire card 9/10, but i have not received weekend night certificate as of 11/4, who should I contact regarding this? Amex or Hilton?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:22 am

I got approved for American Express Aspire card 9/10, but i have not received weekend night certificate as of 11/4, who should I contact regarding this? Amex or Hilton?
from my own experience and that of others, I got mine roughly 2 months after opening date. if you haven't received it yet I would suggest calling Amex in first instance
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:47 pm

I opened my account on (unfortunately) 9/4 and just today received the email with the code. So almost exactly two months. I'd wait another week and see.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:42 am

I got an offer to upgrade for $450. It includes 125,000 HH points and the free night. After reading this and reading the fine print carefully, it still seems that i will get the free night within a few weeks of the upgrade. It does not indicate that the free night comes after my anniversary year. Plus, I don't know if 125,000 points is worth $450. it's close and iffy
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheaptom
I got an offer to upgrade for $450. It includes 125,000 HH points and the free night. After reading this and reading the fine print carefully, it still seems that i will get the free night within a few weeks of the upgrade. It does not indicate that the free night comes after my anniversary year. Plus, I don't know if 125,000 points is worth $450. it's close and iffy
My wife's Ascend card was targeted for the upgrade offer and I slept on it for a while, now it's gone. IMO it's worth it for a year... I can easily make use of the $200 airline credits, which you can use twice since it's annual, not on anniversary. You then also get $250 resort credit once at least within a year, which is no problem for me to use. On top of that you get the free night each year (including the first year), which you could use toward a stay at a resort property and use up your $250 credit :P

And then you have the 125k bonus points. So $650 of value (tangible actual savings) to offset the $450 fee, leaves you with $200 in value. Then you have the bonus points on top of that and Diamond status if you don't already have it. With no hard pull, it's a no brainer to me.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by hyperzulu
My wife's Ascend card was targeted for the upgrade offer and I slept on it for a while, now it's gone. IMO it's worth it for a year... I can easily make use of the $200 airline credits, which you can use twice since it's annual, not on anniversary. You then also get $250 resort credit once at least within a year, which is no problem for me to use. On top of that you get the free night each year (including the first year), which you could use toward a stay at a resort property and use up your $250 credit :P

And then you have the 125k bonus points. So $650 of value (tangible actual savings) to offset the $450 fee, leaves you with $200 in value. Then you have the bonus points on top of that and Diamond status if you don't already have it. With no hard pull, it's a no brainer to me.
Interesting. My offer does not have the $200 airline credit and no resort credit.
HILTON HONORS BONUS POINTSfor each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton portfolio.HILTON HONORS BONUS POINTSfor each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants, flights and car rental companies.HILTON HONORS BONUS POINTSfor all other eligible purchases on your Card. Terms and limitations apply.3ONE FREE WEEKEND NIGHTEnjoy one weekend night reward with your new Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card2 and every year after renewal. Plus, earn an additional night after you spend $60,000 on purchases on your Card in a calendar year.4COMPLIMENTARY DIAMOND STATUSWith your Hilton Honors Aspire Card, you can enjoy complimentary Diamond Status™ which includes even more perks from Hilton, such as 100% extra Bonus Points on all Base Points you earn, room upgrades, and more.5UNLIMITED PRIORITY PASSRelax with unlimited lounge visits for you and up to 2 guests per visit once enrolled in complimentary Priority Pass™ Select membership, which offers access to over 1,000 airport lounges around the world.6
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheaptom
Interesting. My offer does not have the $200 airline credit and no resort credit.
HILTON HONORS BONUS POINTSfor each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton portfolio.HILTON HONORS BONUS POINTSfor each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants, flights and car rental companies.HILTON HONORS BONUS POINTSfor all other eligible purchases on your Card. Terms and limitations apply.3ONE FREE WEEKEND NIGHTEnjoy one weekend night reward with your new Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card2 and every year after renewal. Plus, earn an additional night after you spend $60,000 on purchases on your Card in a calendar year.4COMPLIMENTARY DIAMOND STATUSWith your Hilton Honors Aspire Card, you can enjoy complimentary Diamond Status™ which includes even more perks from Hilton, such as 100% extra Bonus Points on all Base Points you earn, room upgrades, and more.5UNLIMITED PRIORITY PASSRelax with unlimited lounge visits for you and up to 2 guests per visit once enrolled in complimentary Priority Pass™ Select membership, which offers access to over 1,000 airport lounges around the world.6
The credits are part of the standard offer for the card. It does seem weird that they're not listed in the offer. You could call or chat with American Express to make sure they're available, but I can't imagine they aren't part of the deal. If you find otherwise, let us know. It would be an interesting data point.

EDIT: I actually checked my wife's account again now that it's been a few days after her statement closed and the upgrade offer is back. I made a mistake, the credits are $250 for airline and $250 for resort, both, rather than $200 for airline. This does seem to be part of her offer to upgrade. I assume it's the same for you, but this is just an upgrade offer, not an upgrade WITH bonus spend like it was last month.

Last edited by hyperzulu; Dec 10, 2018 at 12:50 pm
Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
For a second I did a double take, after buying $250 in Delta gift cards, I was like wait, $200??!?!?!? Then I checked, and then I came back to read your next post.

The bonus spend is necessary to get the 150K points, though. I was not going to upgrade until I realized the potential of an airline credit in 2018 and one just a month later in 2019.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I applied in september, and got the cert in the beginning of nov, burned it at the conrad NYC, never know when it'll be useful, so for a $350 savings, I'll take it.

i've found the card bennies to be quite good, certainly better than the starriott $$$ card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.