Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Free weekend night for Aspire Hilton credit card not honored?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free weekend night for Aspire Hilton credit card not honored?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Originally Posted by nk15
Anybody who upgraded to the aspire from the ascend got the free night for the first year yet?
I am thinking of upgrading my ascend card, which is my oldest existing open credit card, to the aspire, but don't want to miss out on the free night during the first year. I would also be interested in hearing about any data points from people that upgraded their ascend to the aspire -- have you received your free night for the first year, yet?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trivea
I am thinking of upgrading my ascend card, which is my oldest existing open credit card, to the aspire, but don't want to miss out on the free night during the first year. I would also be interested in hearing about any data points from people that upgraded their ascend to the aspire -- have you received your free night for the first year, yet?
The annual free night certificate is not part of a sign-on bonus -- the bonus for new signups is 100,000 Honors points.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by hyperzulu
The annual free night certificate is not part of a sign-on bonus -- the bonus for new signups is 100,000 Honors points.
but the free night after opening is sign-on afterwards the yearly on isn’t
Old Mar 26, 2018, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blitzen
but the free night after opening is sign-on afterwards the yearly on isn’t
You are only eligible to receive the Annual Weekend Night Reward once per year of Card membership, and you are only able to receive this benefit with an upgrade to the Hilton Honors Aspire Card one time.
The wording is strange here, but based on reports of people abusing the upgrade system, I assume the last point is to prevent someone from doing an upgrade/downgrade/upgrade to try to get multiple certificates. I still don't see any reason to suspect you won't get the certificate from an upgrade, but to the contrary based on these terms. Amex puts signup bonus language under the first heading for "OFFER TERMS" vs the card benefits under "BENEFIT TERMS". The free weekend night certificate is only listed under the latter, so it's not at all considered a signup bonus.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...rd/36182-11-0/
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:18 pm

OK, got a 2nd email with the code to redeem for a free weekend night. But SERIOUSLY - I have to call in to book it? Who the heck calls to book a hotel? Hilton, come into the 21st Century please.

Take a look at Marriot to see hw it's done.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:18 pm

I got the free weekend night e-mail today.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
I got the first email today, will wait a couple days for the actual certificate email.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
I got an email today saying I will get the certificate (reward number) in 8-14 weeks with instructions on how to book. That’s a long time from when I opened the Aspire Card account and met minimum spend in February.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by cruisr
I got an email today saying I will get the certificate (reward number) in 8-14 weeks with instructions on how to book. That’s a long time from when I opened the Aspire Card account and met minimum spend in February.

Other have reported that the Hilton email came five days later, not 8-14 weeks later.
cruisr likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 11:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott, Starwood, Hilton, Ihg, Delta, Iberia, American, Southwest
I got the free weekend night e-mail today. I met minimum spend in February.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by hyperzulu
The wording is strange here, but based on reports of people abusing the upgrade system, I assume the last point is to prevent someone from doing an upgrade/downgrade/upgrade to try to get multiple certificates. I still don't see any reason to suspect you won't get the certificate from an upgrade, but to the contrary based on these terms. Amex puts signup bonus language under the first heading for "OFFER TERMS" vs the card benefits under "BENEFIT TERMS". The free weekend night certificate is only listed under the latter, so it's not at all considered a signup bonus.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...rd/36182-11-0/
I agree with you that the free weekend night upon upgrading to the Aspire card doesn't seem like a signup bonus. But before I go ahead and upgrade to the Aspire card, I was just wondering if anyone here already upgraded to the Aspire card and received the bonus. I guess I am just looking for a positive data point before upgrading.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:41 pm

I agree with you that the free weekend night upon upgrading to the Aspire card doesn't seem like a signup bonus. But before I go ahead and upgrade to the Aspire card, I was just wondering if anyone here already upgraded to the Aspire card and received the bonus. I guess I am just looking for a positive data point before upgrading.
I don't believe that you will get a bonus upon upgrade unless it says so in the upgrade page. I got a bonus last year when I upgraded to Ascend, but it was on my page, the aspire I just upgraded did not have bonus points language.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by miadukes
I don't believe that you will get a bonus upon upgrade unless it says so in the upgrade page. I got a bonus last year when I upgraded to Ascend, but it was on my page, the aspire I just upgraded did not have bonus points language.
Sorry, I believe I wasn't clear enough. I understand that the 100,000 points are only part of the sign-up bonus and I wouldn't receive the points by upgrading. But it seems that the free weekend night is not part of the sign-up bonus and just a benefit of having the card. I would like to know if anyway has received the free weekend night by upgrading to the Aspire card.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: AS,UA
I just booked my free night for the Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego. I've always wanted to stay at this Grand Dame of the West but never wanted to pay full price because i've heard its kind of overrated and showing its age . I tried to booked the Beach Village Villas at the Del but that hotel cannot be booked with points but its odd that the Beach Village is not in the list of hotels that cannot be booked.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 6:24 am

Sorry, I believe I wasn't clear enough. I understand that the 100,000 points are only part of the sign-up bonus and I wouldn't receive the points by upgrading. But it seems that the free weekend night is not part of the sign-up bonus and just a benefit of having the card. I would like to know if anyway has received the free weekend night by upgrading to the Aspire card.
Gotcha, that would be a yes then. Well I haven't gotten the second email but I did get the first one saying that I got my free night coming. I upgraded the card when it came out from an Ascend product and my second statement just cut int he last few days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.