Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Free weekend night for Aspire Hilton credit card not honored?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

The language for the Aspire is a bit ambiguous. I spoke with a chat rep about it and they came back after five minutes and said that the free weekend cert is only after the renewal and not immediately upon acquisition. The text reads as "Enjoy one weekend night reward with your new Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card and every year after renewal." Am I the only one that reads that more generously than the rep's interpretation?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by hyperzulu
The language for the Aspire is a bit ambiguous. I spoke with a chat rep about it and they came back after five minutes and said that the free weekend cert is only after the renewal and not immediately upon acquisition. The text reads as "Enjoy one weekend night reward with your new Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card and every year after renewal." Am I the only one that reads that more generously than the rep's interpretation?
Terms and Condition for the benefit. Notice the part I underlined:
Originally Posted by Amex
Annual Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors
During each year of your Card Membership, you will receive one Annual Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors. The Annual Weekend Night Reward will be issued in the form of a redeemable code and sent in an email from Hilton Honors to the email address listed on your Hilton Honors account. You will receive the reward email within 8-14 weeks after opening your Card Account and each year within 8-14 weeks after your Card Account anniversary date. This benefit is only available to the Basic Card Member on the Card Account. The Annual Weekend Night Reward can be redeemed for one weekend night standard accommodation, double occupancy, subject to availability at properties in the Hilton portfolio, excluding those listed at HiltonHonors.com/weekendreward. A weekend night is defined as Friday, Saturday or Sunday night. To redeem the Annual Weekend Night Reward, Card Members must call 1-800-446-6677 and mention the code provided by Hilton Honors. The Annual Weekend Night Reward expires within one year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed on or before the expiration date. An Annual Weekend Night Reward will be forfeited if not redeemed on or before the expiration date. Card members are only eligible to receive this benefit once per year of your Card membership. You are only eligible to receive the Annual Weekend Night Reward once per year of Card membership, and you are only able to receive this benefit with an upgrade to the Hilton Honors Aspire Card one time.

To ensure receipt of the reward e-mail notification, you should confirm the correct email address is listed on your Hilton Honors account profile. You can also check your Hilton Honors account for the status of any Annual Weekend Night Reward issued to you (including the expiration date) by calling 1-800-446-6677. The Annual Weekend Night Reward is not transferable and may not be redeemed for cash or Hilton Honors Points. An Annual Weekend Night Reward may be combined with other Hilton or Free Night promotions in market and may be added to an existing paid or Reward stay. Annual Weekend Night Reward includes all applicable taxes; however, the Card Member may be responsible for payment of additional mandatory resort fees at participating Hilton resorts where resort fees are applicable, and is responsible for all incidental charges. Annual Weekend Night Reward redemptions may be cancelled pursuant to the Weekend Night Reward cancellation policy on the Hilton Honors Program website (hiltonhonors.com).
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nall
Terms and Condition for the benefit. Notice the part I underlined:
Thanks. That makes much more sense. I knew I would get a straight answer on here.
So I guess the only thing an upgrade would preclude me from would be the sign-up bonus. I wonder if calling to cancel my Surpass/Ascend card and opting for an upgrade instead could be used as a way to negotiate bonus points as well.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:30 pm
Suspended

Free weekend night for aspire Hilton credit card not honored

I have just been talking to a representative for one hour and they told me that is not part of the welcome bonus offer. That is what advertise,
  • TWO WEEKEND NIGHT REWARDS

Enjoy one weekend night reward with your new Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card and every year after renewal.

Plus, earn an additional night after you spend $60,000 on purchases on your Card in a calendar year.‡
Any experience with this new card?
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: 2006 NW SE; 2007 NW GE; 2008-2009 NW PE; DL PM

Annual Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors

During each year of your Card Membership, you will receive one Annual Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors. The Annual Weekend Night Reward will be issued in the form of a redeemable code and sent in an email from Hilton Honors to the email address listed on your Hilton Honors account. You will receive the reward email within 8-14 weeks after opening your Card Account and each year within 8-14 weeks after your Card Account anniversary date. This benefit is only available to the Basic Card Member on the Card Account. The Annual Weekend Night Reward can be redeemed for one weekend night standard accommodation, double occupancy, subject to availability at properties in the Hilton portfolio, excluding those listed at HiltonHonors.com/weekendreward. A weekend night is defined as Friday, Saturday or Sunday night. To redeem the Annual Weekend Night Reward, Card Members must call 1-800-446-6677 and mention the code provided by Hilton Honors. The Annual Weekend Night Reward expires within one year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed on or before the expiration date. An Annual Weekend Night Reward will be forfeited if not redeemed on or before the expiration date. Card members are only eligible to receive this benefit once per year of your Card membership. You are only eligible to receive the Annual Weekend Night Reward once per year of Card membership, and you are only able to receive this benefit with an upgrade to the Hilton Honors Aspire Card one time
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:27 am
Suspended

Any feedback cardholders?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:59 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by HONORES31
Any feedback cardholders?
Question already answered in Post #2 above
fedechat likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:07 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Aspire opened for applications last week. The terms stipulate that the initial free night certificate will be delivered in 8 -14 weeks. The soonest anyone could have useful experience will be mid-March, but could be late April.

The fact that American Express agents are not fully aware of the features of a new product is unfortunate, but it doesn't really matter what they say. The written terms are unambiguous.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
I received my mailed materials and card yesterday, and they only mention the weekend night reward after 60,000 or more of spend (page 4 of 4 on Supplement to the Cardmember Agreement). There is no mention of the initial weekend night reward or on annual renewal. Hopefully this is still provided since it's featured prominently on the Aspire website.
happychic likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by puregold86
I received my mailed materials and card yesterday, and they only mention the weekend night reward after 60,000 or more of spend (page 4 of 4 on Supplement to the Cardmember Agreement). There is no mention of the initial weekend night reward or on annual renewal. Hopefully this is still provided since it's featured prominently on the Aspire website.
I just got the same thing. I hope to get the certificate for this year in the 8-14 weeks they say because that is one of the only reasons I signed up for the card.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I applied for and was approved for the Aspire card today.

i received an email some 6-7 hours after approval that my Status has been upgraded from Gold to Diamond
just checked and confirmed, hopefully the free night comes quicker than advertised!
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:52 pm

On a side note, does the $250 Hilton Resort credit apply to booking room for the resort or only incidental charges (like food/spa and activities that is billed to the room)?

Can anyone confirm this?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ponickka
On a side note, does the $250 Hilton Resort credit apply to booking room for the resort or only incidental charges (like food/spa and activities that is billed to the room)?

Can anyone confirm this?
It includes the room rate.
Thunderroad likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:57 pm

you that man @reclusive46
Old Feb 3, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by reclusive46
Wow, that is very interesting and perhaps alters the value proposition for the better! There are some resorts where $250 can get you multiple nights, and I'm sure the Diamond Status would get you a very nice upgrade. I may get this card after all...
happychic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.