Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Free weekend night for Aspire Hilton credit card not honored?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free weekend night for Aspire Hilton credit card not honored?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fedechat
Did you hit the 4k minimum spending before your first statement? I know is not part of the T&C.
What does 4k minimum spend have to do with thread?

This thread is about the free weekend night for the Aspire, which is a benefit of holding the card. It requires no minimum spend. It just apparently requires a lot of patient waiting.

And there are FTers (at least over in the Hilton forum) who have upgraded to the Aspire card despte no upgrade bonus offers being available. So those people have no minimum spend requirement at all!
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by sdsearch
What does 4k minimum spend have to do with thread?

This thread is about the free weekend night for the Aspire, which is a benefit of holding the card. It requires no minimum spend. It just apparently requires a lot of patient waiting.

And there are FTers (at least over in the Hilton forum) who have upgraded to the Aspire card despte no upgrade bonus offers being available. So those people have no minimum spend requirement at all!
This is a new credit card that required to spend 4k in order to get the 100k, the free night is a benefit as a card holder and per T&C you need to wait from 8-14 weeks. As I said before, I know the 4k is not part of the T&C for the free night (is not a requirement), but I'm asking this because we don't have any data point yet for this new card.

As a data point, I have the Amex Ascend (Surpass) which have a similar T&C for the free night after spending 15K, which I met on 3/8 (posted on 3/9) and yesterday I got an email from Amex saying

Congratulations! You have met the spending requirement to earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors.
You will receive an email from Hilton Honors containing the reward number and booking instructions within the next 8-12 weeks.
and 4 hours ago I got an email from Hilton saying "Congratulations , you’ve earned a Weekend Night Reward by spending $15,000 on your Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card" with my Reward ID number (certificate).

Fed

PS: I feel bad for those who upgraded to the Aspire without any bonus, I don't understand why they decided to to that, is a new card and you can get the 100k bonus even if you have the others Amex Hilton.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold

PS: I feel bad for those who upgraded to the Aspire without any bonus, I don't understand why they decided to to that, is a new card and you can get the 100k bonus even if you have the others Amex Hilton.
Count me in as one of those people. I have no need for a new account on my report plus I already had the limit of Amex cards plus even without the bonus, this card will more than make up for the annual fee. Everybody has to do what makes sense for them.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
This is a new credit card that required to spend 4k in order to get the 100k, the free night is a benefit as a card holder and per T&C you need to wait from 8-14 weeks. As I said before, I know the 4k is not part of the T&C for the free night (is not a requirement), but I'm asking this because we don't have any data point yet for this new card.

As a data point, I have the Amex Ascend (Surpass) which have a similar T&C for the free night after spending 15K, which I met on 3/8 (posted on 3/9) and yesterday I got an email from Amex saying

and 4 hours ago I got an email from Hilton saying "Congratulations , you’ve earned a Weekend Night Reward by spending $15,000 on your Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card" with my Reward ID number (certificate).

Fed

Great data point, thanks. So it's not like the Citi Hilton, where you met the minimum spend and then waited until your anniversary date and then paid the annual fee and then waited another 8 weeks for the certificate.

It looks like a customer could get this card in 2018, pay the annual fee, spend the $15,000, get the certificate, and then in 2019 spend $15,000 again, get certificate, and cancel before the 2019 annual fee is due.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:31 pm

Did you hit the 4k minimum spending before your first statement? I know is not part of the T&C.
Hit the 4k spend before my second statement closed. second statement closed last week and 100k bonus posted but no email yet about weekend night.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by jphripjah
Great data point, thanks. So it's not like the Citi Hilton, where you met the minimum spend and then waited until your anniversary date and then paid the annual fee and then waited another 8 weeks for the certificate.

It looks like a customer could get this card in 2018, pay the annual fee, spend the $15,000, get the certificate, and then in 2019 spend $15,000 again, get certificate, and cancel before the 2019 annual fee is due.
When I got my Citi Hilton, I got the 2 free nights a week after the statement closed, but that was the opening bonus and not the anniversary, which I didn't get because I canceled the card (I was unable to use the 2 free nights).
I don't think with Amex is based on a calendar year, I think is based on your account anniversary, we will know for sure on January 1 2019.

Originally Posted by crazypalooza
Hit the 4k spend before my second statement closed. second statement closed last week and 100k bonus posted but no email yet about weekend night.
Thank for the info, so it has been more than a week right? did you received the 100k bonus after your statement closed? I got my bonus 2 days after hitting the 4k but it was 2 weeks before my first statement closing date.

Originally Posted by miadukes
Count me in as one of those people. I have no need for a new account on my report plus I already had the limit of Amex cards plus even without the bonus, this card will more than make up for the annual fee. Everybody has to do what makes sense for them.
I think this card worth the annual fee too even without the bonus, after the $250 airline credit (easy to get a GC on AA) is just $200 and you get a free night at any Hilton, a $250 credit (only valid at some Resorts) and Diamond status which is great.
hyperzulu likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:43 am

Wow, almost 2 months since the card intro, and no data points on the free cert? We have reached the lower end of the 8-12 week range for the delivery of these. Lets see!
Old Mar 21, 2018, 4:21 am

Just received the following email from Amex:

You’ve received an Annual Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors

You have been awarded with an Annual Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors.

You will receive an email from Hilton Honors containing the reward number and booking instructions within the next 8-14 weeks.

Please confirm the correct email address is included in your Hilton Honors profile. You can access your profile by visiting HiltonHonors.com or by calling 1-800-446-6677.

Thank you for your Card Membership.

Enjoy!

American Express Customer Care
EDIT: For clarification, this is for an Aspire card, and no, nowhere near $60k has been spent.

Last edited by nall; Mar 21, 2018 at 4:43 am
Old Mar 21, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: SPG
my first post!

got this email from Amex, see the Annual Weekend Night Reward from Aspire card is finally coming

Last edited by lineone; Mar 26, 2018 at 3:05 am
Old Mar 21, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by nall

EDIT: For clarification, this is for an Aspire card, and no, nowhere near $60k has been spent.
I just received the same email, too.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:06 am

Was this after the $450 AF was paid?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by nall

Funny. You waited 8 weeks to receive an email telling you to wait another 8-14 weeks.

This really doesn't seem like an exercise that would be particularly difficult to complete.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by ccshark
Was this after the $450 AF was paid?
This was a couple days after the close of the second statement. AF posted with the first statement.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
You waited 8 weeks to receive an email telling you to wait another 8-14 weeks.
That is what first crossed my mind as well, though I found it a bit less humorous.

I did not yet receive this email, second statement has not posted yet.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 11:58 am

Received the same email today, two days after second statement posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.