Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Free weekend night for Aspire Hilton credit card not honored?

Free weekend night for Aspire Hilton credit card not honored?

Old May 7, 19, 12:44 pm

I got mine a week ago. I got an email from Amex telling me I'd get the Free Weekend award, but the email with the code was from Hilton itself. And to use it, I have to call Hilton and give them my code.
Old May 7, 19, 1:58 pm

Any recent dp on how long after upgrade for fn cert to arrive?
Old May 8, 19, 1:02 pm

I did my upgrade early April I want to say or late March. So about 5-6 weeks I think for me to get my free weekend night after I got the card.
Old May 8, 19, 2:08 pm

I upgraded 6 weeks ago and still no emails, seems the cert is very ymmv.
Old May 9, 19, 5:09 am

I upgraded to the Aspire card in mid March. Until now, I haven't received any email regarding the free night.
I also noticed that I have not been charged for the annual fee, prorated or full. May be that is why. I am more than happy to trade the free night for the prorated annual fee .
For those of you who received the free night cert after upgrade, was the anuala fee posted to your account? Thanks.

Last edited by asdfghjk; May 9, 19 at 7:52 am
Old May 9, 19, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by asdfghjk View Post
I upgraded to the Aspire card in mid March. Until now, I haven't received any email regarding the free night.
I also noticed that I have not been charged for the annual fee, prorated or full. May be that is why. I am more than happy to trade the free night for the prorated annual fee .
For those of you who received the free night cert after upgrade, was the anuala fee posted to your account? Thanks.
yes, I did receive mine after a fee of $150 was posted to my account. Guessing the other $300 will post later, but you're right, my fee did post before I got my free night.
Old May 9, 19, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by asdfghjk View Post
For those of you who received the free night cert after upgrade, was the annual fee posted to your account? Thanks.
I got my free night cert several months after upgrading, but I still haven't had the Aspire fee posted. Keep in mind that my Ascend fee posted not long before I upgraded to Aspire, so maybe I won't get the Aspire fee until a year after that? I dunno.. (I upgraded to the Ascend about half a year later, from a no-AF Hilton card which I've had for over a decade, so I can't remember when my card anniversary is, since it didn't matter with the no-AF card.)
Old May 9, 19, 8:10 pm

If I spend 15k this year on the ascend card to earn the free night, then take upgrade bonus to the aspire card at end of year 1, do I retain my free night from the ascend card and get one from the aspire card?

Any insight is much appreciated.
Old May 9, 19, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by ooskong View Post
yes, I did receive mine after a fee of $150 was posted to my account. Guessing the other $300 will post later, but you're right, my fee did post before I got my free night.
the fee is prorated so you will be billed $450 in approximately 4 months.
Old May 9, 19, 8:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I upgraded March 14, so almost 8 weeks ago. No free night cert, no email yet. And no prorated annual fee charged yet either.
Old May 10, 19, 2:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Finkface View Post
I upgraded March 14, so almost 8 weeks ago. No free night cert, no email yet. And no prorated annual fee charged yet either.
Same here, upgraded same time frame and no cert, email or fee. I was going to contact them but they always give me the boiler plate responses. They told me the same on the 150K points....that it would take 8-14 weeks and they showed up 2 days later. I'm hoping the cert arrives soon.
Old May 12, 19, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by san888 View Post
Same here, upgraded same time frame and no cert, email or fee. I was going to contact them but they always give me the boiler plate responses. They told me the same on the 150K points....that it would take 8-14 weeks and they showed up 2 days later. I'm hoping the cert arrives soon.
I just contacted them. They said 8-14 weeks from account opening or product change.
san888 likes this.
Old May 17, 19, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Beachchaser View Post
the fee is prorated so you will be billed $450 in approximately 4 months.
Oh okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the info.
Old May 18, 19, 7:19 pm

My wife just received her free night cert this morning. She upgraded to the Aspire at the beginning of March.
I am still waiting for mine. I upgraded about 10 days later. Hopefully, I will get mine next week.
Old May 18, 19, 8:40 pm

Thanks for the detailed data point, out of curiosity when was the pro rated annual fee billed?

Search this Thread