Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR to Hawaiian "Account Linking is Pending"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
I am trying to transfer some miles to Hawaiian. Ordinarily a terrible idea, but I'm 4,000 short of a redemption. I tried to link up my accounts and got a message:

Account Linking is Pending

Linking may take up to 2 weeks. To check the status of your linking request, please return to this page later.

I've searched Flyertalk, and the only thing I've seen is someone complaining that he waited two weeks to link with Aeromexico, and it still didn't work. I called AMEX. The supervisor said Hawaiian NEVER links quickly — she said a 48 hour timeframe is to be expected. She also implied that no one I could speak to at either Amex or Hawaiian could help me.

Does this sync up with people's experiences here? For reference, I've transferred to Delta/Aeroplan/JetBlue/British... none of these have ever had "linking" issues.

I'd hate to see award availability disappear as a result...

Also, if this is considered standard practice, I think best advice would be to link up all those random partners NOW. You never know when you'll need them going forward.

Last edited by mia; Jan 16, 2018 at 4:01 pm
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Update: "account linking was rejected"
Old May 27, 2018, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, National Exec, Hertz Pres
I'm getting the same problem. Just got the "Account Linking Is Pending" and I definitely entered the correct number because I copied and pasted. I've never gotten this with linking any other airline. Is this a common problem for linking Hawaiian Airlines to Membership Rewards?
Old Sep 17, 2019, 12:35 pm

Currently getting the same issue. It's been about 15 hours since I filled out the request. I put two tickets on hold just in case, does anyone know if they'll honor the points value of the ticket?
Old Sep 20, 2019, 11:17 am

Anyone have a solution to this? Been 4 days now. Rejected twice. On the phone with AMEX MR for 2 hours. Also looped in Hawaiian customer service but they were beyond useless. They keep saying the name on the account doesn't match the name on the card...but it does. AMEX MR is as frustrated as I am.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 11:33 am

Finally resolved by AMEX rep. Had a SCF-617 fraud error at the end but after verification the transfer went through.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by AFmoneyguy
Finally resolved by AMEX rep. Had a SCF-617 fraud error at the end but after verification the transfer went through.
Same problem here. The transfer bonus offer is about to expire in 3 days, AMEX said I should contact HA while HA has no idea what I am talking about......
May I ask did you call the number on the back of your card?
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:27 pm

Resolution came through calling AMEX at number on back of card. They called Hawaiian while I was on the line to resolve the issue.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 4:02 pm

Thank you for the information. Called again with both Plat card CSR and MR CSR, no luck.... Gave up. So disappointed at AMEX
Old Oct 7, 2019, 9:38 am

Update -- Called MR again, chose option 1 for transfer points and the agent was able to link the account on the phone. Thank you AF
Old Oct 25, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: WN A-list, Hyatt Glob, HH DM, Marriott Plat
I am going through the same issue right now. I called several times, then finally managed to convince MR representative to call Hawaiian. They say they cannot do anything manually and I need to wait 24 to 48 hours. I have already waited as much. I asked what if it doesn't get resolved after more waiting. HA agent kept repeating I need to get in touch with Amex. Amex agent is also on the line, we are already talking to amex. I don't think I have interacted with more stubborn and incompetent agents. Not sure what I can do more except giving up and flying another airline.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 2:44 pm

I feel your pain. Hawaiian Airlines has some of the most incompetent and useless reps I've ever dealt with. Very painful.
flyersky1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.