Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge JFK T-4 [Open 9 October 2020]

Old Jun 15, 2021, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by m907
Is the Centurion Lounge at JFK better than the Delta SkyClub?
For sure. Only thing I like better about the Skyclub of the Centurion lounge is the sky deck or if there are issues with my flight the SkyClub can help me out where the Centurion lounge can't.
m907 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 2:34 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Here before a short flight. Good food and drink. Dreading the walk to the Delta gate in about 30 minutes

Still debating if this is worth it relative to the SkyClub for most trips, especially if spending under an hour
Old Jul 3, 2021, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Here before a short flight. Good food and drink. Dreading the walk to the Delta gate in about 30 minutes
In fairness, the walk really isn't that much worse than walking from the head house to the Delta gates.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 3:46 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by cmd320
In fairness, the walk really isn't that much worse than walking from the head house to the Delta gates.
The walk to my gate B55, the last gate in the terminal (in fairness I wasnt even aware of all of those extra gates) was pretty bad
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 4:01 pm

Kind of off topic but JFK looked like pre-pandemic times today. I know NYC air traffic has taken longer to recover but T4 was absolutely mobbed on a Saturday afternoon/early evening
Old Jul 3, 2021, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adelphos
Kind of off topic but JFK looked like pre-pandemic times today. I know NYC air traffic has taken longer to recover but T4 was absolutely mobbed on a Saturday afternoon/early evening
How did the affect the busyness of the Centurion Lounge?
Old Jul 3, 2021, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
How did the affect the busyness of the Centurion Lounge?
My first visit, so I dont have a baseline, but it was pretty full - sometimes there was a line to collect food, most of the seats were occupied, consistent stream of people trying to get in. But I will say less crowded than I have seen most other Centurion Lounges I have visited

We walked by the SkyClub and saw the usual line to get in, so I am guessing the SkyClub was packed
cmd320 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 10:44 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Stopped by the Centurion on Sunday and looks like they've changed the menu yet again:

Salad was very good, and chicken is hard to mess up, but rigatoni was bland and somewhat disappointing, and soup was watery.

Didn't eat the mushroom pilaf but here it is:

Servers are gone and you can now serve yourself (from both sides of the buffet), and there are no more blocked seats either. Upper level of lounge was fairly crowded as is now typical, but lower level was still fairly empty (although you'll need to carry food down). Showers have not reopened but the spa thing looks like it has.

Precheck at T4 on Sunday afternoon was a breeze although regular security lines were moderately long, but was flying B6 so walked to T5 after dinner which was awful — precheck was closed and the regular lines were as bad as pre-covid times — took 20-30 min to get through, and lots of people were trying to cut ahead because they were in danger of missing their flights. And almost every B6 flight that evening ended up taking a 30+ min delay because of the chaos at security
bgriff and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
To echo truncated the menu has changed and to me the Rigatoni was off the charts. I could have taken the whole pan home lol. Was here 7/31 from 1205-1400 and it was very empty. Met a fellow flyertalker by chance in the speak easy and had a great conversation about.what else; flying lol. The Southside Cocktail is one of my favorite cocktails in the whole network. It is a perfect summer drink IMO.

cmd320, IndyHoosier and esc2476 like this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brandinho1
To echo truncated the menu has changed and to me the Rigatoni was off the charts. I could have taken the whole pan home lol. Was here 7/31 from 1205-1400 and it was very empty. Met a fellow flyertalker by chance in the speak easy and had a great conversation about.what else; flying lol. The Southside Cocktail is one of my favorite cocktails in the whole network. It is a perfect summer drink IMO.

https://youtu.be/-_mthhRleQQ
Agree on the Southside, excellent refreshing summer cocktail.
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 7:05 am

For those curious, I did the google legwork and the Southside cocktail is billed as follows...

Beefeater Gin, Lemon Juice, Mint. Manhattan's 21 Club popularized this cocktail, which is still served in the clubby Midtown bolte, during Prohibition, where more gin came from bathtubs than Britain.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by imnotalawyer
For those curious, I did the google legwork and the Southside cocktail is billed as follows...
I'm guessing it must have a bit of simple syrup in there as well. Just gin with straight lemon juice would be quite sour.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 9:54 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by truncated
Salad was very good, and chicken is hard to mess up, but rigatoni was bland and somewhat disappointing, and soup was watery.
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
To echo truncated the menu has changed and to me the Rigatoni was off the charts. I could have taken the whole pan home lol.
Finally had my first visit here evening of 8/1. Maybe we caught it on an off day or you got a good one but I also was not a fan of the rigatoni, and the chicken was dry (but visiting towards the end of the evening might have affected this)

They had a curried vegetable stew, and I really enjoyed the flavor, but not something you want to have too much of before a transcon

Loved the speakeasy vibe, although I hate the metal panel behind your head that makes it impossible to sit back and relax in those chairs.

I accidentally entered at 3h8m before my flight and started to say something like "oh, I'm not sure if..." and looked at my watch but they didn't even blink.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 10:31 am
Formerly doc4science

Programs: United Airlines Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Stopped in on a quick JFK connection and had the chance to ask about my LGA-JFK connection later this week. Was told that a LGA-JFK connection would absolutely not qualify for entry more than 3hrs prior to departure - even when on the same ticket/reservation. Must be connecting in the same airport - not a co-termimal connection - to qualify for earlier entry as a regular Platinum cardholder.

-FlyerBeek
Thank you for sharing your experience. Earlier this morning I chatted with AMEX and they told me that I would absolutely qualify so hopefully when I try my luck at the lounge they will agree with the screenshots I have from that chat session. Thanks again for the heads up though. Now Ive gotta figure out what I want to do with 9hr in JFK
Old Aug 7, 2021, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by doc4science
Thank you for sharing your experience. Earlier this morning I chatted with AMEX and they told me that I would absolutely qualify so hopefully when I try my luck at the lounge they will agree with the screenshots I have from that chat session. Thanks again for the heads up though. Now Ive gotta figure out what I want to do with 9hr in JFK
Interesting. Please share your experience. Hopefully the chat screenshot helps.

-FlyerBeek

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.