Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Platinum UK £200 off £600 spend on Amex Travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Platinum UK £200 off £600 spend on Amex Travel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Called AMEX, had them tell me that they will manually trigger the offer but it might take a week to credit - fingers crossed still!
shotb83 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:08 am

Status update: Manual credit worked, £200 received. Very happy with AMEX UK customer service right now!
shotb83 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Jan - Feb 2019 Offer - cumulative spend across 2 or more transactions ?

Digging this old thread up :-)

Anyone had any experience of the latest version of this offer (until sometime in Feb 2019) working on cumulative spend across 2 or more transactions ?

Standard question for this offer !!!!!

If Amex Travel improved their engine to allow flights other than simple returns to be booked in conjunction with hotels in one transaction I'd be fine !

I want to book a couple of one-way flights for myself & another person plus a hotel stay but this requires 2 transactions :-(
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
The most recent offer before this I booked two flights on Amex Travel. Both were charged seperately even though they were on the same booking (2x £500 each) and it triggered the offer.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
I asked Amex and they replied that it must be in one transaction.
However I think I'm going to gamble with it and see what happens. There are numerous examples across the internet from people who have recieved the cashback on cumulative spend over morte that one transaction.

I did point out specifically that I could not see a way to book flights and hotel on the same itinerary (one transaction) unless the flights were a bog-standard return. One ways, open jaws and multi-stops did not have a method of being combined with hotels or cars into one itinerary (and thus transaction). I asked if there was a way to do this.

Their response was not great.

Here is the email chain for info.

Hello all,
I am not sure which team to contact regarding this so I have addressed this to both the Platinum Team and the Travel Team.
I have the current offer from Amex Travel on one of my Amex cards saved for my use.
Thankyou for this.
The offer is £200 back on a £600+ spend.
Does this have to be in one transaction to qualify ?
I am looking at a couple of one way flights for myself & my Mother and a hotel room for a while which all combined come to way more than £600 but can't be booked / purchased in one transaction it seems.
I would have to make the one-way flights in one purchase / transaction and the hotel room in another. Will this still qualify for the £200 back offer ?
The only way to combine flights & hotels is if the flights are a simple return, not one-way flights or multi-stop or open-jaw flights.
I very much hope to hear back from you on this soon as I do not want prices to increase.
Thankyou again for the offer, I am very grateful.

---

Thank you for your e-mail, I hope you are well.

In regards to the 200 GBP statement credit offer, this does have to be processed in one transaction to qualify. You can create an itinerary of which is a combination of flights, hotel, car hire and experiences but it must total 600 GBP or more within one itinerary, it is not possible for this offer to be cumulative.

I hope this clarifies. If you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact the Online Helpdesk via 0800 032 72 33 Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:30 or ring through to the Platinum Travel & Lifestyle team via the number on the back of your card.

Kind regards,

PREMIUM SERVICING TEAM
TRAVEL & LIFESTYLE SERVICES

--------

Thankyou for the response.

I can not find any way to have two one way flights AND a hotel on the same itinerary.
Please advise how to do this.

Looking for CPT-VFA direct for two people plus a hotel. How do I do this on one itinerary and thus one transaction ?
Please give it a go and advise me how to do it.
I look forward to hearing from you asap.

-----

I have followed up a couple more times but not heard back after several days :-(
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:38 am

Anyone discovered a way of booking a one-way flight and a hotel through Amex Travel i

Anyone discovered a way of booking a one-way flight and a hotel through Amex Travel in one itinerary / transaction ?

https://travel.americanexpress.co.uk/
Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:31 am

Cumulative spend worked for me.

I completed the bookings around the end of December (if I remember it was a return flight and a few single nights in hotels to make the balance up to £600).

Within minutes of completing the final booking, I got the automated notification to say I'd met the terms of the offer.

The £200 credit appeared in my account about a week later.

So, my experience is cumulative spend for the latest offer is absolutely fine.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:10 pm

paid one lump sum in excess of £600 but it was actually processed as two separate transactions of under £600 each, it did seem to trigger the £200 back automatically after a few days.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:51 am

Can anybody remind me what the end date on this promo is?

I had to have a replacement card sent due to fraudulent activity (thanks to BA and their rubbish IT security I assume).

As a result of this there is a glitch on the website where none of my saved offers are displayed, although I've been assured by AMEX that they will still credit...
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
Can anybody remind me what the end date on this promo is?

I had to have a replacement card sent due to fraudulent activity (thanks to BA and their rubbish IT security I assume).

As a result of this there is a glitch on the website where none of my saved offers are displayed, although I've been assured by AMEX that they will still credit...
28 Feb. Should credit just fine since same account.
mickeyjaw likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:07 am

Q: UK Amex Platinum

I have saved an offer for my UK Amex Plat card - spend £600+, receive £200, via Amex Travel. Will I receive this, if I make a flight booking via Amex Travel for another person to travel and pay for it with my saved card? Or, it will only work if I am the traveller? TIA.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:14 am

Works for anyone but make sure their details are in the passenger travelling section and not yours.
A1pax likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK
Works for anyone but make sure their details are in the passenger travelling section and not yours.
Thanks, BlueHorizonUK, for your quick reply. Good to know this as I have no travel plan this month, but hubby has tentative plan. I will make sure his details are in the flight booking and not mine!

PS - update: Done this and successfully used offer to book flights for hubby to travel next month.

Last edited by A1pax; Feb 17, 2019 at 1:56 am Reason: addl para
Old Feb 8, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Anybody had experience with this as Cumulative bookings but with hotels only? I have a number of hotel bookings I can make for the next couple of months which in total would hit the £600 mark but not sure (esp with the email) that it will trigger.

I have done this before with flights (both charged separately) and worked fine.

Update: Tried it with three separate hotel bookings and within 3seconds got the "Trigger" email. Great news.(The bookings were had no penalties with cancellation - hence why i thought I'd try it).

Last edited by marconess; Feb 8, 2019 at 10:32 am
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
I've got the offer but the flights I'm looking at booking are £280 more on Amex Travel than on the BA Website!! Is the offer only triggered on online bookings? Is there any point 'phoning Amex and giving them the fare buckets and having them re-price the itinerary - or as a 'manual' booking will this not trigger the cash back?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.