Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

2018 Has anyone actually received an Centurion Card invite?

2018 Has anyone actually received an Centurion Card invite?

Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 747FC
Surely you did not post your CC number?
No of course not - this is the stock image from the AmEx site
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by ___H
No of course not - this is the stock image from the AmEx site
That is what I would have thought. However, I did a Google image search, and no matches were found.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/United 1K
Is it only Amex Platinum that counts toward "Centurion spend"? I have an Amex SPG Card with $14M in spend in 12 months, and can't get an invite. Not sure if spend is enough though?

Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by lincoln841
Is it only Amex Platinum that counts toward "Centurion spend"? I have an Amex SPG Card with $14M in spend in 12 months, and can't get an invite. Not sure if spend is enough though?

As an outsider, I think the spend could be enough, but that large orange part of the pie chart is probably the issue. I'm not sure what you are buying in "Business Services" but if that amount of spend was on luxury goods, hotels, flights then I'm sure that you could illicit an invite.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by ___H
Can someone post a picture of their US issued card? Just received my EU Issued card and it looks like this now. just wondering if they changed the design in the US as well.

Here is the US version as of this earlier this year.

Last edited by mia; Nov 21, 2018 at 5:34 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Nov 21, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
Spending across all categories and all cards.....

Last edited by mia; Nov 21, 2018 at 5:35 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/United 1K
Thanks. I can tell you that I've heard there is now an element of fame to getting a card. I can also tell you that more than $10M in spend for 2 years each (so north of $20M in two years) isn't enough by itself.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:46 pm
Suspended

Thanks. I can tell you that I've heard there is now an element of fame to getting a card. I can also tell you that more than $10M in spend for 2 years each (so north of $20M in two years) isn't enough by itself.
Personal or Business?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:48 pm

In the past you did not need a Platinum card product to qualify for Centurion card. I see no reason why that would have changed. I know someone who qualified for Centurion with spend on their free Amex Optima Credit card.

Last edited by mia; Nov 22, 2018 at 1:40 am Reason: Remove quoted image
Old Nov 22, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: MS Plat
Clearly screenshot pictured above was for Business, which is a totally different ball game.

Forgot my wallet, and went through the usual shopping today (NYC), hit 5+ diff stores and paid by Android pay everywhere.
I've posted earlier... Would accept one if got an invite (just to please my ego), but it's not a wallet candy anymore.
Heck, I stopped to carry cash like two years ago, and barely showing my card these days except restaurants.

Cent lux days are numbered, I bet nobody would care about it (except maybe extra hotel/Delta status of course) in a couple of years.
People are getting more savvy in getting hotel/airline perks, using mobile payments/crypto...
AMEX folks, you've got the idea...
Old Dec 27, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Received the invitation about 2 weeks ago (I was traveling) I accepted the invitation 1 week ago and they told me it will take up to 20 working days to get the card (I don't really care of receiving the card in itself as long I can get the benefits very soon, lots of Avis booking in the coming weeks)
Had a plat for about 6 years, about 200k€ spend on it in the last 12 months, card is issued in mainland Europe, 2000€/y +3000€ initiation fee

Edit: 1.5 MR per € instead of 1/€ with the Plat, very good in a market where it is not possible to get any good earnings with other CC
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:21 am

I've been following this forum for a couple years now. It seems like the European standards are faaaar easier than the USA standards.

Here's where I am: AMEX member since 2006
I have an AMEX Mercedes Platinum (will be discontinued in January and switched to normal Plat)
I have an AMEX Business Platinum

I have around 3,000,000 points, spent $676k on personal this year and $205k on business this year. $40k is on luxury travel (personal) and I purchased a couple $200k cars at Mercedes.That's pretty consistent for the last several years. Credit score of 790, zero debt. I live in the most affluent city in my state where the median income census average is $170k/year for the city. I'm well connected with celebrities, sit on two nationwide philanthropic boards, and my name is easily searchable/readily available through google.

I've requested a notation for a centurion invite three different times especially because most of my clients and friends have one, no dice.

There you have it folks. You'd think I'm a prime guy for Centurion, but clearly not.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Music
I've been following this forum for a couple years now. It seems like the European standards are faaaar easier than the USA standards.

Here's where I am: AMEX member since 2006
I have an AMEX Mercedes Platinum (will be discontinued in January and switched to normal Plat)
I have an AMEX Business Platinum

I have around 3,000,000 points, spent $676k on personal this year and $205k on business this year. $40k is on luxury travel (personal) and I purchased a couple $200k cars at Mercedes.That's pretty consistent for the last several years. Credit score of 790, zero debt. I live in the most affluent city in my state where the median income census average is $170k/year for the city. I'm well connected with celebrities, sit on two nationwide philanthropic boards, and my name is easily searchable/readily available through google.

I've requested a notation for a centurion invite three different times especially because most of my clients and friends have one, no dice.

There you have it folks. You'd think I'm a prime guy for Centurion, but clearly not.
Hi

As a Centurion business card holder, my assumptions would be at the minimum : it is based on usage - pure dollars (needs to be at a certain threshold or doesn't matter unless you are a celebrity who requested it). Once at that threshold, items as credit score, branded purchases, card tenure and possibly a dedicated account manager could move the ball along. I am not well known or have any celebrity connections, though I do own a few $160k+ cars, I doubt Amex knows that. Credit store is in low 800s and reside in a good community. My annual use for the past 4 years has averaged $5.5m, primarily on business, it is possible just the pure dollars got me the invitation and nothing else mattered.

Hopefully this insight helps.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:10 pm

Definitely helpful. It's interesting to see some people spend $200k and receive an invite and others spend millions. Mine is not primarily business use since my business deals more with checks. It's really not that easy to even spend the $900k/year I'm spending since so many places do not take AMEX.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Plumuser
Hi

As a Centurion business card holder, my assumptions would be at the minimum : it is based on usage - pure dollars (needs to be at a certain threshold or doesn't matter unless you are a celebrity who requested it). Once at that threshold, items as credit score, branded purchases, card tenure and possibly a dedicated account manager could move the ball along. I am not well known or have any celebrity connections, though I do own a few $160k+ cars, I doubt Amex knows that. Credit store is in low 800s and reside in a good community. My annual use for the past 4 years has averaged $5.5m, primarily on business, it is possible just the pure dollars got me the invitation and nothing else mattered.

Hopefully this insight helps.
You'd be surprised what AMEX can probably find out thru LexisNexis. I was shopping real estate last week and had a brokerage pull up very recent vehicle records from just my cell phone number.

No dice this year, yet again. I will be phoning my acct. development manager after the new year to see what my options are as they told me they will have wiggle room after 10M in annual spend, we will see. Personal was well over 250k this year too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.