Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

2018 Has anyone actually received an Centurion Card invite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Has anyone actually received an Centurion Card invite?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by th14
Thanks for the suggestion. We have a good relationship with them.

I don't actually need any more credit with them right now. I was putting the information out there about Amex to let other business owners know that (at least in my experience), Amex is willing to extend higher credit limits. If Chase and Amex each come out with a new credit product I want, the Amex has come with nearly double the credit line. If I were to accumulate my total lines with each vendor, Amex would be more than double.

If I had to guess, its b/c most of my Amex cards are charge cards and all of my Chase cards are credit cards. Maybe credit cards ultimately are more risky b/c I can keep extending them?
Definitely. You can only burn them on the last 30 days of purchases.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: Free agent
I spoke with a Cent New Card agent today that claims that they sent out ZERO invitations in 2017 and haven't sent out any in 2018 yet either.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 2:50 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by benallen
Received invite today for business version.
Originally Posted by eccentricfusion
I got a call today about my business spending (not FR) and some options for additional cards....later on in the call also extended Centurion membership to me....
Originally Posted by jmail1
I spoke with a Cent New Card agent today that claims that they sent out ZERO invitations in 2017 and haven't sent out any in 2018 yet either.
It would appear there have been Business Centurion (USA) offers extended in 2018.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by jmail1
One has to wonder what a "Cent New Card agent" does during work hours, if they've sent ZERO invitations in the past 15 months. That must be a dull job.
747FC, Gasolin and HGHUA like this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Steve M
One has to wonder what a "Cent New Card agent" does during work hours, if they've sent ZERO invitations in the past 15 months. That must be a dull job.
lol, exactly. I doubt that department decided 10k initiations were something they didn’t need to pursue for a couple years.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:19 pm

I would assume the agent was engaging in somewhat of a white lie, and meant to say "no standard invitations went out [possibly for the personal card]." What I call a "standard invitation" is AMEX on their own volition invites you. They routinely process "non-standard" invitations for other situations such as very high business spend, VIPs, etc. I think they rotate the "new accounts" people with the other Centurion customer service reps.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:24 pm

I also suspect the “centurion” dept is a subset of cubicles in the platinum servicing center.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by tibook
I also suspect the “centurion” dept is a subset of cubicles in the platinum servicing center.
Do you think they even divide that much? A couple of years ago a travel/concierge agent accidently sent me an email with the Centurion footer rather than Platinum inc the telephone number. At the time the Centurion telephone number had much shorter call steering/automated messages than Platinum so used it on occasions and have certainly spoken to the same person when calling both telephone numbers. Maybe the Centurion calls overflow if all dedicated agents are busy or maybe there are tiers of Centurion and I just got the basic level's number who shares telephone agents with Platinum etc.

It seems a little surprising as having done my time in contact centres they did have dedicated teams for the top tier customers for the core services and would only really on exceptional occasions overflow calls across the two bands. For secondary teams (eg counter fraud) then there weren't seperate services but they probably represented less than 5% of calls/staff.

Won't be getting close to a Centurion invite again this year... clients in recent years have been UK focused and even those that weren't prefer use of videoconferencing than travel.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Astaroth
Do you think they even divide that much? A couple of years ago a travel/concierge agent accidently sent me an email with the Centurion footer rather than Platinum inc the telephone number. At the time the Centurion telephone number had much shorter call steering/automated messages than Platinum so used it on occasions and have certainly spoken to the same person when calling both telephone numbers. Maybe the Centurion calls overflow if all dedicated agents are busy or maybe there are tiers of Centurion and I just got the basic level's number who shares telephone agents with Platinum etc.

It seems a little surprising as having done my time in contact centres they did have dedicated teams for the top tier customers for the core services and would only really on exceptional occasions overflow calls across the two bands. For secondary teams (eg counter fraud) then there weren't seperate services but they probably represented less than 5% of calls/staff.

Won't be getting close to a Centurion invite again this year... clients in recent years have been UK focused and even those that weren't prefer use of videoconferencing than travel.
You're probably right, so long as someone has enough training to handle HVCMs, they can probably assist cents...
Old Apr 3, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/United 1K
Platinum Spend Only?

Does anyone know whether you have to spend on Amex Platinum to be eligible for Centurion, or can you spend on other Amex's? I spend about $15M last year on Amex SPG, and didn't get the Centurion. Spent about $4M so far in 2018, and am trying again...

Originally Posted by eccentricfusion
I got a call today about my business spending (not FR) and some options for additional cards. The first offer they threw at me was a business platinum to shift my spend from my Starwood Business, but later on in the call also extended Centurion membership to me. I was not interested, the fees outweigh the benefits when it comes to my own personal situation.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
They will combine spending across all Amex cards
Old Apr 4, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by ___H
I wish they at least made it uniform to the US Platinum - removing the number from the front and what not.. this looks like a cheap replica or something
Just got a new UK one. They have improved the lettering - more defined on the number etc. The colour of the numbers is slightly different. But whats noticeable is the Centurion head has different highlights. Same image but darker in points. Might just be a random poor quality print rather than any specific change.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:01 pm

if it makes you feel any better.... Justin Bieber still uses an Amex Platinum

Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by YClass
Just got a new UK one. They have improved the lettering - more defined on the number etc. The colour of the numbers is slightly different. But whats noticeable is the Centurion head has different highlights. Same image but darker in points. Might just be a random poor quality print rather than any specific change.
I just got my UK replacement card and also noted the print difference on the Centurion head so doesnt appear to be a random. The chip on the new card is also smaller than on the former card, though that card was a 18 months old or possibly a bit more so that change may have been introduced a while ago.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:20 am

I have had a platnium card for over a year - the first year i spent $300,000 and as of now my lowest month spend was $60,000 and last month was $135,000. I would say I average $100,000 a month spend. Its mostly on luxury goods (my wife). They basically close Louis Vuitton when she comes in to shop at the 5th Ave flagship. We get invited to all sorts of swanky parties and events (that Im so damn bored at, lol) Every 3rd or 4th charge on the card is Chanel, Louis, Bloomingdales, Porsche, Tournau and so on.

I called client relations and made my case to get invited. The rep was very helpful, i have to day. She got in touch with the Centurion department while I was on hold. After 15 or so minutes she came back and said that they had notated my account and opened a case. My account will be reviewed the next 2 billing cycles to determine whether or not I would be invited.

Not sure what to think on this....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.