Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

2018 Has anyone actually received an Centurion Card invite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Has anyone actually received an Centurion Card invite?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fbcooper
That is fantastic, kudos to you for getting great benefits. I wonder what the minimum spend requirement is to get that sort of deal. Did you ask for it or they just offered?
That was offered to me as a retention deal before, however I refused it on that card and closed anyway.

Since they won't offer more than what is on the site. The gold at least gets 2x on foreign spend and non GBP, but the plat is still 1x.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by krazieman
If I put all my spend on the AMEX Personal Plat, I would be at about $75-100k a month and maybe that's enough to get me noticed. But the real question is, why? It's an awesome card, but MR points are worth so much less to me than 3X UR or even 1X SPG points.
So the question is, would I rather have a chance at an awesome card, or have a ton of SPG points so I can fly first class everywhere for free.
Because Plat is a charge card.

SPG is a credit card with relatively low set limit but the charge card can raise the limit based on your spend pattern. When the weekly spending is quite high, it is really inconvenient to keep paying out the credit card balance. I can put through £1m on the plat without any problem.

After the necessary travel use every year my accounts still maintain 1 million SPG points, 1 million avios & 4 million membership rewards (it can be 2 million spg points if transfer over). I do fly first class everywhere for free.

And biz plat doesn't affect personal credit report, which I think is quite important.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:16 pm

Been an Amex member since 2003 but only a platinum card user since January 2017. My annual spend this year was $260k and have a credit score of 850.

I notated my interest in the centurion cars in December but I haven’t heard anything yet either.

Last edited by bolaber; Feb 4, 2018 at 12:07 pm Reason: Typo
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Only had my personal platinum card since 2014 already spent a million +, average of 250-350 a year
no invite yet, usually spend on travel and luxury goods. Lots of Rolex purchase at authorize dealers.
No invite yet lol, don’t care anymore just started using my chase united card more since I earn more free flights and upgrades from it.

A million a month is outrageous. I just hope no one go broke trying

Last edited by mia; Feb 6, 2018 at 6:34 am Reason: Combine consecutive replies.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:28 am

Got an invite

Just got a Business Centurion Invite
Just did the application and they should have the card to me this week. They mentioned they no longer do the 50% points back on FC bookings.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Global42
Just got a Business Centurion Invite
Just did the application and they should have the card to me this week. They mentioned they no longer do the 50% points back on FC bookings.
whats your stats for biz cent? Biz plat for how long, annual spend?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:39 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vvsf
Only had my personal platinum card since 2014 already spent a million +, average of 250-350 a year
no invite yet, usually spend on travel and luxury goods. Lots of Rolex purchase at authorize dealers.
No invite yet lol, don’t care anymore just started using my chase united card more since I earn more free flights and upgrades from it.

A million a month is outrageous. I just hope no one go broke trying
Bump those Rolexs up to APs, Pateks and maybe a Richard Mille, maybe that’ll get their attention!
Old Feb 6, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum

Only one patek so far 😪
Originally Posted by S.R

Bump those Rolexs up to APs, Pateks and maybe a Richard Mille, maybe that’ll get their attention!
​​​​​​​
kennycrudup and salukimike like this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:07 pm

I applied and received my personal Plat card on 11 July of 2017, and by January 11, 2018, I have accrued a total spending of $3M USD. I now hold a Cent card. It doesn’t appear to be that insurmountable if you have ways to have high spending in a short amount of time. Most of my spending were from traveling. Hope it helps.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 4:16 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Cl3524
[... I now hold a Cent card....
Issued in which country?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Originally Posted by vvsf

Only one patek so far 😪
Did you get your Nautilus from a AD or on the 2nd hand market? If from an AD, where ?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by tibook

whats your stats for biz cent? Biz plat for how long, annual spend?
Biz Plat for about 10 years
spend about $3.5mn per year
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by Global42

Biz Plat for about 10 years
spend about $3.5mn per year
ok, sounds about right, similar to a friend
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by mia
Issued in which country?
USA
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by pvgman
Did you get your Nautilus from a AD or on the 2nd hand market? If from an AD, where ?
Patek in London has some in stock, no discount because of the current market drought.

Originally Posted by Cl3524

USA
Couple things that don't make sense to me; you state numbers that people have been running on their cards every month for years and not getting an invite yet you claim to have gotten one in half a year? Second, your profile claims you're in HK so I assume its not a vanilla US issued cent but rather an IDC card? Also were you FR'd since opening the plat or at any point did you provide financials to Amex? I'm not saying you don't have it, rather your card profile is so far out of the norm of whats been posted I'm trying to find the outlier that got you it so quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.