Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Q: When will 2018 FHR 3rd/4th Night Free promotions be published? A: 15 January 2018

Q: When will 2018 FHR 3rd/4th Night Free promotions be published? A: 15 January 2018

Old Dec 13, 17, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum

Does anyone know when 2018 FHR 3rd/4th night hotels will be announced and available to book?

I am assuming if I make a booking before they are available it will not be converted to 4th night free if that hotel offers that after booking but before the stay.

Thanks
Old Dec 13, 17, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I do believe that it will convert to the promotion if one does become available.

I was told to not expect the new promos to load until end of 2017 or beginning of 2018.
Old Dec 13, 17, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Chgo2AD View Post
I was told to not expect the new promos to load until end of 2017 or beginning of 2018.
This is really a disgrace. Itís December 13th and few if any offers are loaded beyond the next two weeks.
Old Dec 13, 17, 8:32 pm

Agreed. We have an upcoming trip in January and a big international trip this March and am hoping something pops up soon.
Old Dec 19, 17, 12:07 am

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
I started using FHR a lot last year but this delay in getting promotions up is just obnoxious. Really devalues the program when we don't even know what promotions are going to be available in two weeks.
llupin likes this.
Old Dec 27, 17, 4:28 pm

I was waiting on these as well, doesn't look like they are out yet and Q1 is 4 days away
Old Dec 27, 17, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

reservation can be modified, but make sure to check rates and if they have changed get manager to override dynamic rates
Old Dec 29, 17, 8:08 pm

Does anyone have any insight into what's going on? Now 3 days till the 1st and still nothing...It's almost a quasi devaluation of FHR having to wait this long until '18 offers go live.
Old Dec 29, 17, 11:00 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown soft-landed Silver, OZ♦+ (BR/UA), B6 Mosaic, WoH♦, Mlife Noir, TR 7*
Originally Posted by dlesin View Post
Does anyone have any insight into what's going on? Now 3 days till the 1st and still nothing...It's almost a quasi devaluation of FHR having to wait this long until '18 offers go live.
Agreed 100% - it's just silly at this point. It's rare for me to book close-in (even for business-oriented travel really) so it's a significant devaluation to the program when I can't reliably use it for January and possibly even into February travel.

At one of the properties I was waiting on for FHR, I wound up negotiating a rate and benefits directly with the sales department after e-mailing the GM. Now that I've gone to the trouble of establishing a separate relationship with this specific property, I will likely no longer use FHR to book there. Recommend others do the same rather than wait on FHR.
Old Dec 30, 17, 12:39 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by dlesin View Post
I agree it is beyond belief in many ways! I was speaking with someone at Centurion about it and thinking of booking some stays for January but they could do nothing, they contacted the hotel but they couldnt commit anything at that point! Their best suggestion was book and if an offer comes available we can alter the rate! They seemed to completly miss the point that a 3rd or 4th night free make a very uncompetitve FHR rate reasonable!
Old Jan 2, 18, 1:55 pm

FHR website is currently down. Maybe it is being updated to add 1st quarter offers?
Old Jan 2, 18, 2:04 pm

ETA: the site is now down for me as well. Fingers crossed!

Unfortunately its been like that for days, since the 2017 promotions expired. I want to say 12/29th. I called this am and the rep I spoke with said she unfortunately had no information as to when they would be loaded.

Last edited by Chgo2AD; Jan 2, 18 at 2:33 pm
Old Jan 3, 18, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Chgo2AD View Post
ETA: the site is now down for me as well. Fingers crossed!

Unfortunately its been like that for days, since the 2017 promotions expired. I want to say 12/29th. I called this am and the rep I spoke with said she unfortunately had no information as to when they would be loaded.

site is back up, no promos listed...still waiting

update...on further review, site is up but search isn't working
Old Jan 4, 18, 1:53 pm

I was just told by Platinum Travel Service that the promotions would be loaded into the system (website and their system) on January 15.
Old Jan 4, 18, 2:17 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
I'd suggest people take a look at the Luxury Hotel's forum and review the concept of Virtuoso..... They have lots and lots of 2018 offers loaded and ready.
Doesn't matter what type of credit card you use.

As my profile here suggests, this is a selfish self promoting post, but does at least link back to another FT Forum.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: