Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Q: When will 2018 FHR 3rd/4th Night Free promotions be published? A: 15 January 2018

Q: When will 2018 FHR 3rd/4th Night Free promotions be published? A: 15 January 2018

Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:33 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Weird things happening with the FHR website: was browsing through the offers yesterday evening and found several hotels in HKG with 3rd or 4th night free (e.g. MO, etc.); doing the same just now all of them are gone respectively have disappeared!? For whole Asia, only PH Saigon and Andara Resort Villas are showing up!?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
Weird things happening with the FHR website: was browsing through the offers yesterday evening and found several hotels in HKG with 3rd or 4th night free (e.g. MO, etc.); doing the same just now all of them are gone respectively have disappeared!? For whole Asia, only PH Saigon and Andara Resort Villas are showing up!?
It seems it was a glitch, offerings are back now after some hours!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
It seems as though Park Hyatt is participating this year, however not very many others seem to be loaded. Have not seen a single Four Seasons offer.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Aroeder
Have not seen a single Four Seasons offer.
I see numerous FS offers.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Could you advise which properties?

Also, I have only been using FHR for a couple years and have never had issues finding offers in the past, so I have not thought about it but are the offers generally good for all dates or are there blackout dates throughout the year?

Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
And no Aman properties are showing up yet.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Could you advise which properties?
Start here:

https://www.americanexpressfhr.com/fhr/offers/

... are the offers generally good for all dates...!
Offers are valid for specific dates, EXAMPLE:

Receive a complimentary 3rd night when booking a paid stay of at least three nights at Mandarin Oriental, Boston. To take advantage of this offer, book from 15JAN18 through 03APR18 for hotel stays from 15JAN18 and completed by 08APR18.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
I am not sure I understand how to read the advantage... in the front page, it says "Complementary fourth night..." and when I click on the hotel, I never see the mentions. How do you guys do?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Gasolin
I am not sure I understand how to read the advantage... in the front page, it says "Complementary fourth night..." and when I click on the hotel, I never see the mentions. How do you guys do?
Enter dates and then hit update.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Per Amex on Twitter, "many FHR hotels will no longer be able to provide FHR Complimentary Night offers starting in 2018. However, they will be encouraged to run Value-Added offers instead."

There ya have it folks. I am not too excited about these encouraged value added offers.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:06 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Per Amex on Twitter, ....
Compare with THIS post. It sounds as if the Twitter team is inventing an explanation for a change that has to do with nothing other than market conditions. FHR is not a discount program. The free nights are a bonus, not the core proposition.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Amex PRG, Ritz Rewards Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Mlife Platinum
So, is it likely worthwhile waiting to book a couple of springtime stays (Ritz SF & Bellagio) or should I find a non-FHR option sooner rather than later?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Corsair66
So, is it likely worthwhile waiting to book a couple of springtime stays (Ritz SF & Bellagio) or should I find a non-FHR option sooner rather than later?
FHR typically is fully refundable, so I'd recommend booking what looks good to you now and then cancelling and rebooking later if a free night promotion shows up. I've done this several times in the past.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 12:34 pm

Still no free nights for Ritz-Carlton. Has anyone insights?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.