Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anyone able to help me remember an Amex Hilton offer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

I thought I took a screen shot of an Amex Hilton bonus offer that I added to my card before booking direct with Hilton, but I can't it and I can't fully remember the terms...

I THINK the offer was this, make a two night stay at a Hilton (I think before Oct 31st) that is $550 or more (maybe $500?) and receive a Amex credit of $50. I got an email saying "We appreciate you using Amex Offers to save at Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Look out for your $50 statement credit, which will automatically be applied to your statement if your purchase meets the offer terms." Then it goes on to mention a new Embassy Suites offer has been automatically been added to my card.

I haven't seen the $50 credit yet, but my statement hasn't closed out yet and it's only been 4 days since checking out, though the final Hilton charge has posted.

My only big worry is that the Amex site shows the Hilton stay as checking in AND out on 10/30. I'm not sure why, I checked in very late (around 1am on the 29th) and checked out on the 30th, but my closed out folio from Hilton has the correct booking date of check in on the 28th and check out on the 30th. I'm just trying to anticipate ahead of time if I'll have to contact Amex and provide some documents showing I actually did complete their offer terms and am worried that really late check in might have given me some issues with the automated systems....
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did the offer expire in the last 4 days (between when you checked out and now)?

If not, the offer should still be in your Amex account. Go to your Amex account for that card, scroll down to your Amex Offers for that card, and then it shows you by default the ones you haven't signed up for ("Available"), but you can click to see the ones you've already "Added to Card". And there you, once you find your offer, you should be able to click on it to expand it to show your own T&Cs.

Which is important, because there have been multiple Hilton offers with different T&Cs (with different expiration dates), and so it's your T&Cs that matter, not someone else's.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:56 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by acarney
...(I think before Oct 31st)....
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Did the offer expire in the last 4 days (between when you checked out and now)? :confused.
Sounds as if it expired on the 31 of October?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Ya. Thankfully I found an email from amex when it was added and it includes the terms! Now posting to my account by 10/30.... does that include anything posted ON 10/30, or would my stay have had to hit my account by 11:59pm 10/29?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Ya. Thankfully I found an email from amex when it was added and it includes the terms! Now posting to my account by 10/30.... does that include anything posted ON 10/30, or would my stay have had to hit my account by 11:59pm 10/29?
Any offers I've seen are always good through midnight of the date listed.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
You ought to be fine. Some of the Hilton amex offers have taken weeks to credit for me. Just save all the proof if needed.

I triple dipped Amex offers at a Hilton about a month ago and it worked just fine. I had the Doubletree charge my CC for a Oct.13-15 stay in Sept because I had an Amex offer expiring Sept 30. It showed on my statement as check in and check out as the date of the CC charge. All of the credits processed as normal.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Sweet, this will be a great stay for me. 33k points and a $50 credit for a two night stay that was a little under $550 after tax. Probably could have picked a cheaper stay but I actually wanted to stay at this location since it’s across the street from Universal Studios, just lucked out so many bonus points and offers stacked :P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.