Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Card Fees/Benefits Variations

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2003, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Senator, BD Gold
Platinum Card Fees/Benefits Variations

I'm curious about the cost of Platinum Cards in various countries. Card fees across countries don't seem to bear any relation to services/benefits. For example...

In Holland, the Platinum fee is Euro 550. In the UK, it's only GBP 275 (approx Euro 412). So the UK card is about 25% cheaper yet offers many more benefits (e.g. Priority Pass, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, etc)...

What are Platinum card fees in other countries? I'm guessing most EU country Platinums get similar benefits to the NL card (as opposed to the UK one)??
Old Jan 20, 2003, 12:10 pm

Canada: CAD 399 (Euro 243) Benefits - http://www10.americanexpress.com/sif...1,13399,00.asp
Old Jan 20, 2003, 5:22 pm

Singapore, S$1,200 which is approximately US$ 700 annually of course. Benefits are also very very little compared to those of the US and the UK. However, the concierge is fantabulous!! All my calls are answered by HUMANS in less than four rings and they are 24 hours too rather than the UK's, "if this is regarding emergency travel please press 1, if it is for future travel please call back during office hours...". The Singapore concierge team is very reliable and friendly indeed.
Old Jan 21, 2003, 2:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I have done consulting work for Amex...it is a VERY decentralised company, so fees, benefits, credit requirements, services, etc. can be hugely different from country to country, which is why a comparison of Gold/Platinum/whatever card from one country to the next is never really insightful.

[This message has been edited by LondonElite (edited 01-21-2003).]
Old Jan 21, 2003, 12:52 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
LondonElite,
you are absolutely correct. It is a diversified company and they have the right at Amex to offer country-specific products.

------------------
Take care, especially while being abroad.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Has anyone stacked the benefits of the cards side-by-side? Considering keeping my Canadian one vs a US/Australian one. I like the travel credit and priority pass, mainly...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.