Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum/Centurion access to LH lounges if flying LH/LX/OS .

Platinum/Centurion access to LH lounges if flying LH/LX/OS .

Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Other than this experience, has anyone else confirmed? Colleague tried to use the FRA lounge today with a Centurion and was told it was MUC only.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Ah awesome, that explains it...and reaffirms that in my experience Lufthansa has amazing CRM.

I'd be tempted to go back to Centurion Travel, but it's hard to turn down the triple points w Chase Sapphire :/
I use my Centurion for the travel services and most benefits but for airlines I use my Biz Plat and get 5x points.
ironmanjt likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Other than this experience, has anyone else confirmed? Colleague tried to use the FRA lounge today with a Centurion and was told it was MUC only.
Based on reports on the German speaking forum it seems that the intranet of LH has not been updated accordingly yet. Hopefully this will be amended within the next days.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
Has anyone had any success accessing LH MUC lounges when flying LO or LH coded LO operated flights?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I'd rather fly nonstop from north america to TLV. If you're flying FRA-TLV, I'd rather "suffer" with real J (US domestic F) on LY.

Flying in NEV Y sucks, whether they call it J or Y. And the TLV holding pen in FRA is just unpleasant.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
I have a flight this weekend (FRA-YYZ).
I just searched and it looks like they have indeed extended the benefits to FRA both Platinum and Centurion.

This is awesome, I usually fly AC to YYZ and hangout at Maple Leaf Lounge (MLL) but this time I'm flying with LH so I might try to check out the LH Business Lounge.
Wanted actually to try LUX in FRA T1 but I guess the LH Business Lounge is better?

https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....e-access-amex/

As of June 1, 2018, American Express is offering expanded Lufthansa Lounge access when traveling through Frankfurt and Munich. With these changes, cardmembers get access to Lufthansa Lounges at Frankfurt Airport for the first time (valid through March 31, 2019), and the access benefit for Lufthansa Lounges at Munich Airport is being extended through May 31, 2019.Cardmembers will receive access to the following lounges when flying on a Lufthansa Group flight (Lufthansa, SWISS, and Austrian):
  • Platinum cardmembers have complimentary access to Lufthansa Business Lounges (regardless of ticket class) and Lufthansa Senator Lounges (when flying business class) in the Satellite area of T2 in Munich Airport, and T1 Concourse B in Frankfurt Airport
  • Centurion cardmembers have complimentary access to Lufthansa First Class, Senator and Business Lounges in the Satellite area of T2 in Munich Airport, and T1 Concourse B in Frankfurt Airport, regardless of ticket class
Old Jun 8, 2018, 12:38 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Do you mean the Luxx lounge landside in T1? If yes, the lounge is not too nice. Usually quite hot and barely any food selection. Good just for a drink if you are thirsty.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
the LH business lounges aren't anything special at all... LH Sen lounges are nicer, and teh FCL are obviously fantastic.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by JFSV
Do you mean the Luxx lounge landside in T1? If yes, the lounge is not too nice. Usually quite hot and barely any food selection. Good just for a drink if you are thirsty.
Ya, good to know... So I was able to get in the LH Business Lounge with my Business Plat.
Usually I like to eat in the lounge if I'm flying Y as food is never good.

Originally Posted by entropy
the LH business lounges aren't anything special at all... LH Sen lounges are nicer, and teh FCL are obviously fantastic.
Their food selection is really simple and basic. Hmmmm neverr had the opportunity to try the Sen Lounge no more First Class from FRA to YYZ plus work never paid for F lol.

I think I still prefer the MLL lounge as they have a better selection of food and usually not as many people.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 1:19 am

I tried at FRA yesterday T1B and worked perfectly with regular Amex plat.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by JFSV
I tried at FRA yesterday T1B and worked perfectly with regular Amex plat.
Were you traveling in Y and using it to enter the lounge? Or in business, using it to enter Senators Lounge?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:23 am

In Y without LH status and seeking admission in tbe regular LH business lounge
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:56 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
It says same day boarding pass, does that have to be outbound or can you use it on an inbound flight as an arrivals Lounge?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:32 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by b8b
It says same day boarding pass, does that have to be outbound or can you use it on an inbound flight as an arrivals Lounge?
answering my own question: Im in the FRA T1B F lounge. They accepted my inbound boarding pass. I do have a connecting flight tomorrow on *A (not LH group though) so not sure if that made the difference.

I did did not have a departing flight in this terminal (came in via another Shengen country) so had to go through passport control, but they let me in with a stamp on my passport.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: DL DM, UA MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Plat, Hilton Diamond
Couple of data points for everyone. Got bounced twice in Frankfurt. Both were clearly stated in the Amex access rules so was just checking to see how strict they were.

Had a connecting LH flight in Y after arriving on SQ. Flying to Italy so was in Schengen area T1A. Was told only had access at Non-Schengen T1B lounges.

Early morning departure on SQ back to US and tried at T1B Non-Schengen and was denied based on not flying LH Group. Had taken LH in the night before and didn't occur to me to try access with the arrival boarding pass though I suspect since not same day, still would have been bounced.

They were very nice about it and said there had been a lot of confusion from customers. I tried using the *A angle but was told strictly limited to LH group. They seemed well aware of the program and obviously knew the access rules.

Potentially great benefit though a little limited in scope. Not sure how many Swiss/ Austrian flights out of FRA are non-Schengen. So really they're just saying LH with most of those non-Schengen being long haul out of Europe. A Plat card holder in long haul coach on LH without status now gets access to Biz lounge. But anyone with *G already had access to the Senator Lounge.

The Cent first class benefit is obviously great b/c that lounge's access is tightly restricted.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.