Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum/Centurion access to LH lounges if flying LH/LX/OS .

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum/Centurion access to LH lounges if flying LH/LX/OS .

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2018, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
This was in my US Centurion monthly email for July. I didn't see this thread before and had no idea it had been launched before now.

Centurion Members have complimentary access to Lufthansa First Class Lounge, Senator Lounges and Business Lounges in the Satellite area of T2 in Munich Airport from 6/1/18-5/31/19 and in T1 Concourse B in Frankfurt Airport from 6/1/18-3/31/19. To access the Lufthansa lounges, Centurion Member must present a government issued I.D., a same-day boarding pass showing confirmed reservation on a Lufthansa Group flight (Lufthansa, SWISS and Austrian airlines) and a valid Centurion Card. Card Members must adhere to all rules of participating lounges. Participating lounges and locations subject to change without notice. Additional guest access and fees subject to terms and conditions of participating lounges. In some Lounges the Centurion Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcoholic beverages. Please drink responsibly.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Does anyone know if you can bring a guest? If so is it free or with a fee? How about kids?

Did anyone with Platinum got an email about this? Seems that AMEX isn't really trying to promote this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:53 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by BRAISKI

Did anyone with Platinum got an email about this? ...
Yes.

Lufthansa Lounge Type and Access:
Platinum Card Members have complimentary access to Lufthansa Business Lounges (regardless of ticket class) and Lufthansa Senator Lounges (when flying business class) in the Satellite area of T2 in Munich Airport from 6/1/18-5/31/19 and in T1 Concourse B in Frankfurt Airport from 6/1/18-3/31/19. To access the Lufthansa lounges, Platinum Card Member must present a government issued I.D., a same-day boarding pass showing confirmed reservation on a Lufthansa Group flight (Lufthansa, SWISS and Austrian airlines) and a valid Platinum Card. Card Members must adhere to all rules of participating lounges. Participating lounges and locations subject to change without notice. Additional guest access and fees subject to terms and conditions of participating lounges. In some Lounges the Platinum Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcoholic beverages. Please drink responsibly. For the most current Lufthansa rules and guest access and pricing policy, please visit http:// www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Lounge-types-and-access.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:10 am

I wonder if this promotion/marketing goes well for LH, perhaps they will start a partnership. AMEX has a partnership with SWISS, both AMEX and MC Miles and More!
For sometime I saw AMEX @ FRA promoting their products.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by entropy
the LH business lounges aren't anything special at all... LH Sen lounges are nicer, and teh FCL are obviously fantastic.
Yes, what's the difference between the business and Senator lounge? I was in a biz lounge in FRA a couple of years ago and all I remember was pretzels and bratwurst. Lol. Not particularly impressive (and I think less variety than the JFK business lounge).
(I've been in the FCL/FCT also, and those are amazing).

Have a trip to FRA later this year (in J), leaning away from *A and toward DL for mileage reasons (and LH's terrible hard product in J), but this could be a factor.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:43 pm

I have the Amex Platinum and will be flying from Berlin to Frankfurt on Lufthansa (economy), and then on to ORD on United metal (economy), all booked through Lufthansa. I'm guessing that is not good enough to get access to the business lounge?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
I am not familiar with the logistics/layout of MUC T2. Is it possible to visit the First Class lounge at T2 Satellite before a Schengen flight? Or is that lounge for non-Schengen only?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by janwillem
I am not familiar with the logistics/layout of MUC T2. Is it possible to visit the First Class lounge at T2 Satellite before a Schengen flight? Or is that lounge for non-Schengen only?
Totally possible. The lounge is set up with entrances from both the Schengen and international sides. It has its own Zoll inside, and they'll hold your passport while you visit so you can also exit to whichever side you need. It's a slick setup.
GUWonder and akr1970akr like this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
Excellent! Thanks.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:19 am

Any news update if they will extend the FRA access? I have flight in June.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Update 1: Extended to March 31st, 2020 on the Amex DE Platinum page: https://www.americanexpress.com/de/vorteile/the-platinum-card/lufthansa-lounges.html

Update 2: Also on the US site. Extended to Mar 31st, 2020 https://www.americanexpress.com/us/campaigns/lufthansa/
BRAISKI and akr1970akr like this.

Last edited by dre_techie; Dec 23, 2019 at 2:49 pm Reason: extended to March 2020, HT to BobbySteel
Old Dec 17, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
DE page shows March 2020 now too
Old Feb 21, 2020, 6:20 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Ambasador, Hilton diamond.
Anyone know how the access rules apply to a centurion for F lounges when traveling with Spouse & 2 pre-teen kids? I understand there is a +1 on the Centurion, what about kids? Traveling in LH Biz inbound & outbound.

Thx.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by bubu-SNA
Anyone know how the access rules apply to a centurion for F lounges when traveling with Spouse & 2 pre-teen kids? I understand there is a +1 on the Centurion, what about kids? Traveling in LH Biz inbound & outbound.

Thx.
As far as I know, there is no +1 for Centurion, that includes kids.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 2:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bubu-SNA

Thx.
No +1 in F lounges. Access is only for the Centurion cardholder. Your +1 would also need to have one. Certainly no children.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.