FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Any benefit/perk to using Amex plat to buy Disneyland tix? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1867643-any-benefit-perk-using-amex-plat-buy-disneyland-tix.html)

acarney Sep 18, 2017 5:19 pm

Any benefit/perk to using Amex plat to buy Disneyland tix?

Just trying to decide to put my Disneyland tickets on either my Amex platinum card or my CSR card. Curious if there are any Platinum Amex benefits for putting it on that card... can't really think what they might be, but just double checking.

Is there any benefit to putting the Disneyland Hotel on the Amex card?

(Other then base points obviously...)

Jaimito Cartero Sep 18, 2017 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by acarney (Post 28831525)
Just trying to decide to put my Disneyland tickets on either my Amex platinum card or my CSR card. Curious if there are any Platinum Amex benefits for putting it on that card... can't really think what they might be, but just double checking.

Is there any benefit to putting the Disneyland Hotel on the Amex card?

(Other then base points obviously...)

Which Disneyland? Anaheim, Paris or Hong Kong.

acarney Sep 18, 2017 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero (Post 28831536)
Which Disneyland? Anaheim, Paris or Hong Kong.

Anaheim

slm9555 Sep 18, 2017 5:32 pm

I can't think of any but you will probably get 3x for travel on the CSR.

acarney Sep 18, 2017 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by slm9555 (Post 28831565)
I can't think of any but you will probably get 3x for travel on the CSR.

Ya, that's why I went for the hotel on the CSR (but I think I probably could ask Disney to switch which card they bill...)

Amex didn't have any room availability showing on their travel portal, which was a pain since the official Disney website did show open rooms...

The tickets probably won't code as travel for either card... right?

Unless... I wonder if I can ask Disney to add a ticket onto the hotel to make it a package at this point... damn, I should have done that!

Need Sep 19, 2017 6:58 am

Originally Posted by acarney (Post 28831639)
Ya, that's why I went for the hotel on the CSR (but I think I probably could ask Disney to switch which card they bill...)

Amex didn't have any room availability showing on their travel portal, which was a pain since the official Disney website did show open rooms...

The tickets probably won't code as travel for either card... right?

Unless... I wonder if I can ask Disney to add a ticket onto the hotel to make it a package at this point... damn, I should have done that!

You maybe able to buy the tickets at the hotel and charge it to the room and get the bonus. Beware of the long lines though. Last time I was at a Disney hotel the line for the tickets at the hotel was longer than at the gate.

If you were going to Disney World, then you could buy the tickets online at Undercovertourist and they are coded as travel. But they don't sell Disneyland tickets.

slm9555 Sep 19, 2017 7:18 am

I think it's a high probability the tickets by themselves will code as travel with csr.

Need Sep 19, 2017 8:24 am

Originally Posted by slm9555 (Post 28833518)
I think it's a high probability the tickets by themselves will code as travel with csr.

No if you buy the tickets online at disney website or at the gate, they are coded as amusement park. You need to buy from a travel agent (that coded as travel) or charge to room of a hotel to get the bonus.

skimple Sep 19, 2017 1:22 pm

Check the front page offer on mousesavers website. aRes travel has a Disneyland ticket bonus and codes as travel AFAIK