Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

5000 MR for adding authorized user - Plat (USA) question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5000 MR for adding authorized user - Plat (USA) question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2017, 2:27 pm

these AU bonuses are not posting fully - the pattern is add 4 AUs, meeting the spend, the bonus for 1 posts, the bonus for the other 3 do not post

had these offers on Hilton, Platinum, PRG, and SPG

I added a couple of No-SSN AUs, met the spend, the card got cancelled automatically

there seems to be a broader problem than No-SSN cards are void for the bonus -- however, I doubt will have much recourse for manual claim of the bonus after 12 weeks when the AU card is now cancelled
Old Nov 12, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've added 2 AU's on my card based on this offer. Do these 2 affect my 5/24 score? If yes, If I don't activate/cancel these cards(haven't yet received) - will that avoid the hit?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Colin
these AU bonuses are not posting fully - the pattern is add 4 AUs, meeting the spend, the bonus for 1 posts, the bonus for the other 3 do not post

had these offers on Hilton, Platinum, PRG, and SPG

I added a couple of No-SSN AUs, met the spend, the card got cancelled automatically

there seems to be a broader problem than No-SSN cards are void for the bonus -- however, I doubt will have much recourse for manual claim of the bonus after 12 weeks when the AU card is now cancelled
Still missing 3 out of 4 on the Plat, but I have I was magically able to get all 4 on the Gold. The difference was NOT adding the SSN at the time of application, but adding them as they came in (before starting any spend).
Old Nov 25, 2017, 8:01 am

can I add myself as an authorized user? I'd like to be able to separate certain charges yet keep all my spend on the amex platinum account
Old Nov 25, 2017, 8:41 am
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
You can absolutely add yourself as an authorized user on a card you are the primary cardholder on. I’ve done this a number of times.

i did this on the most recent platinum authorized user promotion - added 3 platinum card authorized users ($175) and added myself as a fourth gold card user ($0) in order to max out the promotion.

Originally Posted by darrvao777
can I add myself as an authorized user? I'd like to be able to separate certain charges yet keep all my spend on the amex platinum account
darrvao777 likes this.

Last edited by ymx; Nov 25, 2017 at 8:44 am Reason: Typo
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:47 pm

Platinum card 5K authorized user bonus

Deleted

Last edited by starbug; May 20, 2020 at 11:04 pm
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:55 pm

I added 2 gold cards for my parents and the first 5k posted fairly quickly after spending > $500. The other >= $500 spend was met close to 3 months, but I'm pretty sure it was still < 3 months. I'm gonna have to phone AMEX up this week.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:20 am

I received my first two immediately and am still waiting for the third. I think it's time for a call
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:29 am

I called about the points for the 2nd+ AU not posting and was told I had to wait 8 weeks and to call back. I called back and they opened a ticket and called me back in a few days only to say to wait 4 more weeks for a total of 12 weeks. The terms do say they will post in 8-12 weeks and AMEX will make you wait it out. They said I was "lucky" the 1st one posted in 2 days. I responded that is when most AMEX offers post and they just quoted the terms again.

I called back at 12 weeks plus 1 day and they said they would open a ticket. 3 days later I got a call back and they posted the points and said the person could have added the points without a ticket. In all, I called them 3 times, they called me twice and 2 tickets were opened for a measly 5K. I asked for extra points (i.e like a late payment penalty they charge customers) and they said they would open a compliant ticket. Radio silence since then.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:32 am

Has anyone been able to get the bonus without seeing the bonus under "My Offers" for the card? I received the 5K bonus offer when i initially activated my primary new card but did not add any AUs at that time. I'm trying to figure out if I add them now if I'll get the 5K bonus or if I should wait and see if the link ever shows up under My Offers. Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:56 pm

You should wait and use the link, otherwise chances are slim to none of you getting a bonus
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:16 am
formerly oyalkut

Programs: Delta SM
I've not gotten this offer and am wondering if it's because I already have 1 AU on my platinum AMEX (also got him a platinum so that he can use the lounges). Since they already have my $175, would they still offer MR points for adding more people?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by mileshound
I called about the points for the 2nd+ AU not posting and was told I had to wait 8 weeks and to call back. I called back and they opened a ticket and called me back in a few days only to say to wait 4 more weeks for a total of 12 weeks. The terms do say they will post in 8-12 weeks and AMEX will make you wait it out. They said I was "lucky" the 1st one posted in 2 days. I responded that is when most AMEX offers post and they just quoted the terms again.

I called back at 12 weeks plus 1 day and they said they would open a ticket. 3 days later I got a call back and they posted the points and said the person could have added the points without a ticket. In all, I called them 3 times, they called me twice and 2 tickets were opened for a measly 5K. I asked for extra points (i.e like a late payment penalty they charge customers) and they said they would open a compliant ticket. Radio silence since then.
Thanks for the update. Is it 8-12 weeks from the finish of the spend or the promo 3 month spend period?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:06 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by frudd38
Thanks for the update. Is it 8-12 weeks from the finish of the spend or the promo 3 month spend period?
Points will be applied to the Basic Card Member's American Express account within 8-12 weeks after the Additional Card Member has met the purchase requirement. If we in our sole discretion determine that you have engaged in abuse, misuse, or gaming in connection with the welcome bonus offer in any way or that you intend to do so (for example, if you applied for one or more cards to obtain a welcome bonus offer (s) that we did not intend for you; if you cancel or downgrade your account within 12 months after acquiring it; or if you cancel or return purchases you made to meet the Threshold Amount), we may not credit 1,500 Membership Reward® Points to, we may freeze 1,500 Membership Reward® Points credited to, or we may take away 1,500 Membership Reward® Points from your account. We may also cancel this Card account and other Card accounts you may have with us.
American Express measures from the statement date on which the qualifying transaction appears. not the date of the transaction itself.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:13 am

American Express measures from the statement date on which the qualifying transaction appears. not the date of the transaction itself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.