Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

5000 MR for adding authorized user - Plat (USA) question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5000 MR for adding authorized user - Plat (USA) question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:58 am

My first 5K posted quickly but still waiting for the 2nd one. No action by American Express even after I contacted them by chat and by US mail. When my annual fee arrives in April 2018 I will request the missing 5k the last time. If refused, I will close my account
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:08 am

Did the AU cards need to be activated or did they work right out of the envelope? I'd like to use them without entering an SSN.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
I added 4 distinct real people at the same time on the website linked to the offer and submitted DOB/SSNs all at the same time.
$500 threshold reached on all of the four cards at different times.
Only one 5K bonus noted related to the 1st $500 threshold.
mia likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by rccsd
Has anyone else been able to resolve their issue of not getting the 5k bonuses on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th AU? I have the same problem in that that once the minimum spend was made for 1 card, the bonus posted within day (not even the end of the statement). I can't tell which AU this was done for since I met the $500 spend pretty close to the same time for all AU's. It's been a couple of months so I guess technically, they still have time to post. I suspect I will have to call ...
Was my updated datapoint directly above your post irrelevant?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:42 pm

Yes, that was helpful. I added SSN's before charging anything on the AU cards so was hoping that the points would post before the 16 weeks. I was curious if anyone was able to get more than just the first 5k to post without nagging or waiting for 4 months.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:58 am

Phoned up AMEX and the friendly agent added the missing 5,000 MR pts manually.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Did you guys see an offer? I did not see any 5000 points for my wife added as an AU... she did buy some tickets for Asia well above $500.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
I guess this is only for US?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:30 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
I guess this is only for US?
The offer discussed was for USA cardholders, and it was targeted. It's not a standard feature.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Anyone else STILL having problems getting these bonuses? I added 4 in Aug and spending was complete in Sept. Only received one 5k bonus. I have done multiple chats and had multiple "incidents" opened, and they still refuse to do anything at all. They keep dragging on saying that they know about the issue and are looking into it.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by glocklt4
Anyone else STILL having problems getting these bonuses? I added 4 in Aug and spending was complete in Sept. Only received one 5k bonus. I have done multiple chats and had multiple "incidents" opened, and they still refuse to do anything at all. They keep dragging on saying that they know about the issue and are looking into it.
That's around the timeline I added +2 users on my card. One 5k bonus showed up fast, but the other never did. Phoned them up a few months later. After a 10-15min call, the agent verified it was eligible and proceeded to add the points. She did mention something about technical errors.

I would phone them up and insist they review it manually while you're on the line. Maybe the agents you chatted with didn't want the time consuming task of reviewing 3 cardholders' transactions in one shot. That might take them an entire hour. Guess I got lucky with a nice agent and only 1 user's transactions to review.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Just got this offer last week. Want to add a gold AU but we are leaving town in 10 days. Do you think it will show up by then? And/or did you get one of those pre-ship account numbers so you could use right away? Any time limit?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I'm bumping an old thread (of mine) because back then I never added an AU, but the time has come in the household. When I called, CS offered me this promo "for up to four new cards during this call only" and it applied to Gold and Plat supplemental cards! It's just me and my wife but I ended up choosing the Gold card.

So even if it's not in your Amex offers, it might still be available if you call!
Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:04 pm

Are the AUs that are added with their SSN/dob ineligible to receive any PRG bonus if they sign up for the gold card on their own in the future?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by nas6034
Are the AUs that are added with their SSN/dob ineligible to receive any PRG bonus if they sign up for the gold card on their own in the future?
mia has previously posted that AU cards do not count towards once-per-lifetime bonus. Also worth noting that the AU Gold card is not a PRG (unfortunately). It is just gold-colored and earns the same as your Plat (5x airfare, 1x else, Amex Offers).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.