Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

5000 MR for adding authorized user - Plat (USA) question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5000 MR for adding authorized user - Plat (USA) question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by mileshound
I called about the points for the 2nd+ AU not posting and was told I had to wait 8 weeks and to call back. I called back and they opened a ticket and called me back in a few days only to say to wait 4 more weeks for a total of 12 weeks. The terms do say they will post in 8-12 weeks and AMEX will make you wait it out. They said I was "lucky" the 1st one posted in 2 days. I responded that is when most AMEX offers post and they just quoted the terms again.

I called back at 12 weeks plus 1 day and they said they would open a ticket. 3 days later I got a call back and they posted the points and said the person could have added the points without a ticket. In all, I called them 3 times, they called me twice and 2 tickets were opened for a measly 5K. I asked for extra points (i.e like a late payment penalty they charge customers) and they said they would open a compliant ticket. Radio silence since then.
It seems to be an ongoing problem for my account. If American Express offers a bonus on more than 1X such as using offer 2 X or 3X. the 1st one posted normal but have to mail in a request for 2X or 3X to be posted . My first authorized 5k point posted in 1-2 days while I still waiting for the 2nd 5K points to post. I had a similar problem with the 1k points for each $100 Cable payment up to 3K. the 1st one posted in 1-2 days. Had to write in to get the 2nd and 3rd one to post
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38
Thanks for the update. Is it 8-12 weeks from the finish of the spend or the promo 3 month spend period?
For me thay were quoting 12 weeks from the date the transaction occurred.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I saw this offer when I logged in to view the activity on my wife's account. Then went to another part of the website, came back and never found it. Are these offers kept in some specific place?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
I got an offer to get 5K MR points per $500 spend on new AU accounts on my PRG. I added 4, and each has spent $500, yet I only received the bonus for one. What's the next step to getting the bonus on my other 3 AUs? Wait it out? I believe the cards will be cancelled soon.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How long did it take to get the bonus after spend?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
For my first one, it was relatively quick. Maybe a few days (it was even before a statement cut if I recall correctly...it's been a month or two).

However, like I said, I never got the bonus for the other 3. I think those other 3 have been cancelled at this point. I'm just gonna drop it and not cry over $1500 spend that didn't go towards a bonus
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do the others have DOB and SSN?
Old Dec 17, 2017, 5:03 am

I had another PRG card that I added 2 AU. This time both 5,000 point bonuses posted in 2 days this time. I had 1 card meet the spending and post before the 2nd card met the spending. Not sure if that helped but at least I do not have to wait 12 weeks for the 2nd 5,000 points
Old Dec 23, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by frudd38
Still missing 3 out of 4 on the Plat, but I have I was magically able to get all 4 on the Gold. The difference was NOT adding the SSN at the time of application, but adding them as they came in (before starting any spend).
Called around the 16th week mark and MR agent manually added the rest after verification.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:30 am

Has anyone else been able to resolve their issue of not getting the 5k bonuses on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th AU? I have the same problem in that that once the minimum spend was made for 1 card, the bonus posted within day (not even the end of the statement). I can't tell which AU this was done for since I met the $500 spend pretty close to the same time for all AU's. It's been a couple of months so I guess technically, they still have time to post. I suspect I will have to call ...
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:01 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by rccsd
Has anyone else been able to resolve their issue of not getting the 5k bonuses on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th AU? I have the same problem in that that once the minimum spend was made for 1 card, the bonus posted within day (not even the end of the statement). I can't tell which AU this was done for since I met the $500 spend pretty close to the same time for all AU's. It's been a couple of months so I guess technically, they still have time to post. I suspect I will have to call ...
Same issue here with only bonus 1 of 4 posting immediately, with none of the other bonuses posting even after 8 weeks. I opened a inquiry through chat and they said the had opened a case and to give it 6-8 weeks for a resolution.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tdo-ca
I added user to Plt before offer opened - hadn't yet used card and asked if they'd match the points for spend - not only told no, but chastised and forewarned that if i were to attempt to cancel and reapply they would audit or close all my accounts after 25+ years. (No, I did not suggest that this was an intention.)

Was a bit horrified, actually.
I find Amex's service to generally be quite useless. Almost every request I make gets answered with a "no", "for security, we can't do that", "we're not able to do that", "that's not possible", "we're not allowed to do that", "our policy doesn't allow that", "we can't expedite that", "we can't ship it there", "you'll have to wait", blah blah blah

Can't seem to ever get any good service. When did Amex learn how to say "No" over and over and over again?

Seems like anytime I'm able to get something done, I have to be a jerk and push them around on the phone for them to do anything. I've found being nice to them on the phone just gets me pushed around and nothing gets done. I find I like Amex more when I never have to talk with their agents When things work well, things work great!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Same situation here.
One 5K posted, no sign of the other ones.
I'll wait and then call but I'd say a pretty poorly run promotion.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:50 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
As a matter of interest, those who received only one credit, did you actually add four distinct people as supplementary cardholders, or did you order four cards for yourself?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
As a matter of interest, those who received only one credit, did you actually add four distinct people as supplementary cardholders, or did you order four cards for yourself?
And did you add in SSN and DOB and sign up all 4 users at the same time? These were terms in the PRG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.