Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Hilton, Delta, Starwood new account bonuses not posted in over a month.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Hilton, Delta, Starwood new account bonuses not posted in over a month.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:25 am

Still waiting for my bonus for BCE, spending requirement met in May. Each time I call, regardless if it is customer service rep or supervisor, they promise it is coming but it never shows up. The last call was on Sept. 28 and this time the rep gave an exact date of Oct. 4 when bonus would be paid. Said my escalated complaint had been investigated and the bonus was coming. Of course nothing on Oct. 4. Never had this card in the past. Tired of American Express's lies.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Just to add my few cents:

GF got the Amex HH card w/ the 100k bonus in early April, completed the 3k min spend by mid May. Have been on the phone a half dozen times with Amex since then, following up the initial case they opened on the matter of the points not posting, and they confirmed this past weekend that there is in fact a widespread issue on those accounts and cards attached to this offer (and from the sounds of it, other offers from the same time period).

She confirmed the spend was met per the T&C of the offer and we would be getting the points... sometime soon. And we would get a letter about it in the near future from Amex.

After reading about reporting to CFPB, it is on my to do list. Hopefully that will spur them along.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by sterlingice
I just want to +1 and subscribe to the thread for updates, too. I finished my spend back in May for the $2K for 80K points and still have not seen the reward points.
FYI: I can see why companies want to shut down the CFPB.

I put in my complaint about a month ago and my 80K Hilton points were credited within the week.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by rbw5t
Is this only affecting the co-branded cards? I referred my wife for a Personal Platinum, she was approved, and has started but not completed the spending, and I have not received the referral bonus I should have gotten. Normally, in my experience, the referral bonus shows up as soon as the new cardholder is approved, or at least within a couple of days. We're at about 2 months, so I'm losing hope of it showing up on its own without me complaining. Have others faced problems with referral bonuses posting?
I have the same issue with my referal as well. The application was approved about 3 weeks ago but no referal points yet. My previous referal bonus points posted one day after the application was approved. You should call Amex now since yours is more than 8 weeks.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:49 am

Filed a complaint with CFPB and received a response 4 days later. Same old stuff from AMEX that they have identified an issue with the signup bonus and will follow up and award the bonus in the near future. Now hopefully they will. Will not use the card again until I receive the bonus.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL PM
Does anyone have any good contacts at Amex who can help get this sort of thing resolved? I've now waited almost 15 weeks since hitting my spend threshold on my Gold Delta Business card and have constantly told they are 'investigating'. The CFPB response was equally vague and non-committal. I'm only looking for the 30,000 Skymiles, surely it can't be that hard to issue them?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 2:44 am

l have received my points after 2 months

A positive DP:l have received my points on 15 Nov,finally!!
Old Nov 21, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Originally Posted by visa15
A positive DP:l have received my points on 15 Nov,finally!!
Thats great! Did you take any additional steps or they were posting automatically? I'm still waiting on mine from the Delta card
Old Nov 24, 2017, 8:32 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
After a half dozen phone calls over 6 months, points finally posted for Hilton 100k. Happened to check the account at lunch one day and the points had finally been deposited.

Glad they figured it out.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:22 am

Seems AMEX may be targeting certain customers for the delays. Happened to me in June for the Delta Gold card, bonus not received until late August with an apology. Now I am facing the same issue with the SPG card.

Looks like the 12-week language was added in Sept, effective November 1 (https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-...e-for-rewards/). Does this affect bonuses for those of us who applied before then?
Old Jan 27, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
We're still waiting for the delta 70k bonus to post. I've contacted via phone and chat a few times and same story that it will post, we opened up investigation, etc. However, today was a new story comepletly!!! Agent said that she doesnt see a 70k welcome offer on my account and I was in shock and told her the past agents have always seen the bonus, but said to wait 4wks, 6-8 wks etc. So she opened another inquiry!! Then for hubbys account they said that he hadn't met the minimum spend. Agent manually calculated after hubby insisted and agent agreed and opened up another investigation! I'm fed up with this!! Its so annoying at the moment!
Old Jan 27, 2018, 9:45 am
Community Director Emerita

My Delta 75K bonus posted within a week of the spend. I got 50K points for the first $2K spend, then an additional 25K for the following $1K spend. I received the card less than 3 weeks ago. Annual fee was waived the first year.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
My Delta 75K bonus posted within a week of the spend. I got 50K points for the first $2K spend, then an additional 25K for the following $1K spend. I received the card less than 3 weeks ago. Annual fee was waived the first year.
I can confirm the same, my 75K bonus posted within days of meeting the spend threshold (>3K in a single transaction). The bonus transaction in my SkyMiles account were weird though: 23K + 27K + 12.5K + 12.5K, all posting on the same day.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by blaz
I can confirm the same, my 75K bonus posted within days of meeting the spend threshold (>3K in a single transaction). The bonus transaction in my SkyMiles account were weird though: 23K + 27K + 12.5K + 12.5K, all posting on the same day.
SanDiego1k & blaz, were the Delta bonus via a targeted offer or public leaked links? Thx
Old Jan 28, 2018, 3:28 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by diceman
SanDiego1k & blaz, were the Delta bonus via a targeted offer or public leaked links? Thx
Mine was targeted. I receive a pamphlet in the mail.
diceman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.