Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Hilton, Delta, Starwood new account bonuses not posted in over a month.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Hilton, Delta, Starwood new account bonuses not posted in over a month.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2018, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Mine was targeted. I receive a pamphlet in the mail.
Mine was also targeted via mail.
diceman likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

3 or 4 days after spend was met, on both Gold personal and business. Targeted email offers without lifetime language.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:09 pm

DW was approved for Delta Gold biz card (offer for $50 credit + 50K/$2K + 10K/add'l $1K) back in October. Multiple Delta purchases that same month, and $2K & $3K spend targets hit in November. No bonus or credit of any kind posted.

Called what is laughingly referred to as Amex customer service a month ago & was given the old "wait 8-12 weeks" runaround. Sent letter to Exec Office a couple of weeks ago but no response yet.

When Amex is good, they're great; when they're bad, they're unbelievably atrocious.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 2:46 pm

My wife logged into her Delta Skymiles account a few weeks back and had an offer for the Delta gold personal 60K miles after $1K spend. I checked the T&C thoroughly and there was no once in a lifetime language. We've met the spend and are waiting for the points to post. I won't really mind if I have to wait 8 weeks or whatever, but this is not her first Delta gold card before, so I just hope Amex doesn't try to tell us she's not eligible. I did save the T&C from the offer.

I logged into my Delta Skymiles account the same day and did not get that offer, so this was targeted, but not targeted via mailer.

My question for the board -- has anyone else applied under the same circumstances and successfully received the bonus?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I used a leaked link and made the 2K spend quickly with 2-3 transactions. For those who had delays, how many transactions did it take?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
DW was approved for Delta Gold biz card (offer for $50 credit + 50K/$2K + 10K/add'l $1K) back in October. Multiple Delta purchases that same month, and $2K & $3K spend targets hit in November. No bonus or credit of any kind posted.

Called what is laughingly referred to as Amex customer service a month ago & was given the old "wait 8-12 weeks" runaround. Sent letter to Exec Office a couple of weeks ago but no response yet.

When Amex is good, they're great; when they're bad, they're unbelievably atrocious.
Did your wife's application made thru an emailed offer or a paper offer with a link? Did she get the $50 statement credit? If the credit showed up, she should see the bonus. Many said that the credit would be a test to find out if the account has the bonus offer attached.

Originally Posted by LWT3
My wife logged into her Delta Skymiles account a few weeks back and had an offer for the Delta gold personal 60K miles after $1K spend. I checked the T&C thoroughly and there was no once in a lifetime language. We've met the spend and are waiting for the points to post. I won't really mind if I have to wait 8 weeks or whatever, but this is not her first Delta gold card before, so I just hope Amex doesn't try to tell us she's not eligible. I did save the T&C from the offer.

I logged into my Delta Skymiles account the same day and did not get that offer, so this was targeted, but not targeted via mailer.

My question for the board -- has anyone else applied under the same circumstances and successfully received the bonus?
I have read similar problems been reported elsewhere that applications made thru DL site with the offer showing up after logged in. Those who applied with a mailer or an email have not had issues.

Did you get the DL purchase statement credit?

If you have saved the T&C screen shot, you should see a POID number. All AMEX offers have POID numbers. The targeted offers have a different last 4 digits of the POID versus the public offers. Like in the latest round of targeted offers, These days I always compare the NL offers POID with the Public offers POID for fear I may miss something in the T&Cs as the NL could show up in random places, though in general it is prominently listed as the first paragraph right underneath T&Cs but I have seen it in some sneaky locations.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Did your wife's application made thru an emailed offer or a paper offer with a link? Did she get the $50 statement credit? If the credit showed up, she should see the bonus. Many said that the credit would be a test to find out if the account has the bonus offer attached.

I have read similar problems been reported elsewhere that applications made thru DL site with the offer showing up after logged in. Those who applied with a mailer or an email have not had issues.

Did you get the DL purchase statement credit?

If you have saved the T&C screen shot, you should see a POID number. All AMEX offers have POID numbers. The targeted offers have a different last 4 digits of the POID versus the public offers. Like in the latest round of targeted offers, These days I always compare the NL offers POID with the Public offers POID for fear I may miss something in the T&Cs as the NL could show up in random places, though in general it is prominently listed as the first paragraph right underneath T&Cs but I have seen it in some sneaky locations.
Thanks. There wasn't a statement credit attached to this offer. I do see the POID number, and the last 4 digits are 0001, which is not encouraging. That looks like a public offer rather than something targeted to my wife. I guess it's not a big deal if we don't get the bonus. That would mean we wasted one hard pull and $1,000 of spending. Worth a gamble.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LWT3
Thanks. There wasn't a statement credit attached to this offer. I do see the POID number, and the last 4 digits are 0001, which is not encouraging. That looks like a public offer rather than something targeted to my wife. I guess it's not a big deal if we don't get the bonus. That would mean we wasted one hard pull and $1,000 of spending. Worth a gamble.
Targeted offer of 60K/$1K $50 statement credit POID should read G9HZ:0001 for personal, G9IA:0001 for business, from an emailed offer which is the same for either personal or business. I dont know the POID on the offers dont carry $50 statement credit.
Already received the bonus on the business card. Just received the physical card on the personal side yesterday but already used the card number provided at approval to buy the e-Cert on DL site via desktop. Credit posted the next day of the DL charge. It took another week before the physical card arrived. I feel confident the personal card would also receive the bonus.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Anyone still waiting on the Delta miles to be posted? Both hubby and I applied for the platinum with the 70k bonus in June/July and met spend by Sept/Oct. I've been contacting them since November and each time get the same 6-8 weeks investigation/escalation wait period. They have confirmed that I've met the spend and qualify. I'm quite frankly upset and annoyed by now as were planning on using those miles for spring break

Any suggestions as what else to do? I'm going to contact them again this week. I feel I'm the only one still waiting
Old Feb 27, 2018, 4:20 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by express3
... I feel I'm the only one still waiting
No, additional discussion here:

Ongoing offers for Delta American Express cards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.