Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Platinum Bonus MQMs under review

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Skymiles Platinum Bonus MQMs under review

Hi,

First time poster, but long time lurker! I don't think I've seen this before, but:

My sign-up bonus for the delta amex platinum hasn't posted for a while. I asked about it a month ago, and the representative said it would in a few days. Then I asked again, and was told it would post the first week of July. I asked again today, and their representative said that the bonus offer for my account is under investigation, and he was not allowed to comment on it.

My question is, what on earth could be causing this investigation? The sign-up bonus is pretty straightforward: minimum spend in the first 3 months, which I easily eclipsed in the first month or so. I've never had a platinum card before. I really just don's understand what it could be.

Has this happened to other people? Any ideas what could be the issue?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Did you return stuff you had purchased?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:34 pm

Did you make any purchases of gift cards? Or return items?

Amex is cracking down on using any form of Manufactured Spending to meet the spend threshold for the bonus. If you met the spend organically, in the correct time frame, you should get your points, but it might be several weeks.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Hmmm, nothing comes to mind. I didn't return anything or purchase gift cards. I've been using the card a lot though, so I've probably spent 2x the bonus threshold.

I'm just anxious because the bonus MQMs will increase my status for an upcoming flight, and also I am planning to book a big trip in the next few days so it would be nice to have the upgraded customer service from DL.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Maybe checking for duplicated bonuses from multiple Plat cards owned by the same person?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:37 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
Mine hasn't posted either. No clear answer from customer service other than let's wait til the end of the month. 3 statements so far, spending well beyond the $1k to get the bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.