Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Hard Pull/Account not showing on credit report.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Amex Hard Pull/Account not showing on credit report.

I applied for and was approved for a Hilton Honors Surpass card on May 31st. Car shipped on June 02. First charge was made on June 03 and the first statement generated on June 13th. So far neither the account nor a hard pull has appeared on any of my credit reports. Should I be concerned? I was approved for a Ameriprise Platinum card on July 10 and that hard pull appeared on my experian credit report the same day.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
What would your concern be?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Steve M
What would your concern be?
I guess I should have phrased my question differently. It is not like the hard pull and extra account is going to increase mt credit score. What I would like to know is if this is normal and if not, why did this occur?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
If it is a Business Card, then will not show on credit report.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:05 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
AMEX has been known to not always do hard pulls for existing cardholders. Personal card accounts will eventually show up on your credit report, but in my experience it can take two billing cycles.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:05 am

Amex will occasionally approve existing customers without a hard pull. That would explain the missing inquiry.

Amex doesn't report your account to the bureaus until your second statement. This is normal. I suspect you'll see the new account shortly.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:05 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by gruntermen
... Hilton Honors Surpass card ...
Originally Posted by PMFR
If it is a Business Card
This is a personal card.

Bear in mind that inquiries typically appear on only one report (if one is made), while personal accounts will appear on all three.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:31 am

It is pretty well known lately that Amex apps are not showing HPs(many DPs on reddit). There's even reports on no HPs for new customers. I just applied for 2 cards an no pulls from both(Personal Delta Plat and BB+). Just be happy Amex has either screwed up recently, or changed some policies around.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dw
AMEX has been known to not always do hard pulls for existing cardholders. Personal card accounts will eventually show up on your credit report, but in my experience it can take two billing cycles.
This happened to me. Had a 15yr account, added DL Gold and upgraded to Platinum in last few years. Applied for big sign-up bonus Personal Plat and no pull.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
I've only had 1 hard pull with amex and that was years ago. Nothing since then.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info everyone!
Old Jul 13, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
...There's even reports on no HPs for new customers.
I wouldn't believe those people. A new customer not getting a hard pull? I wouldn't say that's AMEX's style seeing as they're so careful with new customers when it comes to paying off the card, having a tighter spending allowance on charge cards, known for starting with low limits, and such.

I could see a soft pull approval from an established customer who has a long history with the company, though
Old May 29, 2018, 1:11 pm

Sorry guys I know this thread is nearly a year old, but after applying for my first amex (ever) I was reading forums trying to figure out my approval odds. I seen this one (and others) a few times about the soft/hard pulls for new & existing customers, and noticed alot of people like to have data points. Figured I would add in that amex did not do a hard pull on my credit only a soft (Transunion) ! I have never had an account with them before, and they have been reporting my balance/payments to Transunion. I will try to attach screen shots
Old May 29, 2018, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by teriann_xoxo
Sorry guys I know this thread is nearly a year old, but after applying for my first amex (ever) I was reading forums trying to figure out my approval odds. I seen this one (and others) a few times about the soft/hard pulls for new & existing customers, and noticed alot of people like to have data points. Figured I would add in that amex did not do a hard pull on my credit only a soft (Transunion) ! I have never had an account with them before, and they have been reporting my balance/payments to Transunion. I will try to attach screen shots
Apparently I can't attach pics because I'm new, but I'm getting my reports directly from Transunion & Equifax not one of the free sites that only update every so often
Old May 29, 2018, 2:05 pm

Didn't even had a hard pull when I transfered my card from the UK to the US

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.