Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Gold/Platinum - Multiple business cards OK?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
Amex Gold/Platinum - Multiple business cards OK?

So I'm trying to figure out, before potentially burning INQ's, whether Amex would accept or decline multiple cards of the same product, under different name. I'm not trying to game the system for bonuses, its a separate business I setup that needs some CC's.

Considering the business gold rewards, platinum or possibly even SPG cards. Thanks in advance
Old Jul 4, 2017, 7:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by buylowsellhigh
... whether Amex would accept or decline multiple cards of the same product, under different name.
You are the applicant, not the business. American Express sometimes approves multiple cards, but not multiple new account bonuses.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Same business name we have each 2 of the business gold card. No issues.

Going for a 3rd soon.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I got a new Amex plat biz in January. Then upgraded my gold Biz to a plat 2 months later for the upgrade bonus. I also have a SPG biz. Not exactly what you're asking, but I do have multiple biz cards for same business.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 11:19 pm

Multiple cards are not a problem. I have Amex Relationship Managers contact me often asking to open more accounts for other businesses I own.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Centurion
Multiple cards are not a problem. I have Amex Relationship Managers contact me often asking to open more accounts for other businesses I own.
Do you get a new sign up bonus in that case if you other got it from the other business?
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:58 am
mia

Originally Posted by mia
You are the applicant, not the business. American Express sometimes approves multiple cards, but not multiple new account bonuses.
Begin reading at about post 50 of this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...lidated-1.html
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:35 pm

Can anyone advise the likelihood of getting a Business Platinum bonus if have previously had a Business Platinum that was upgraded from an account opened as a Business Gold?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by tigerhunt2011
Can anyone advise the likelihood of getting a Business Platinum bonus if have previously had a Business Platinum that was upgraded from an account opened as a Business Gold?
As long as the terms doesn't restrict it than you're okay.

I do this frequently since they don't have any restrictions when telling you to upgrade to Plat from Gold. I have several business gold cards.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 1:33 pm

I came across a link to an Amex business gold card bonus with no lifetime language on doctor of credit (see this link: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ymmv-...time-language/)

I currently have a business gold card, which I received a bonus for a couple of years ago. When I log in to Amex using the link above, it states that I’m eligible for this offer.

Are there any data points on if I would be eligible for a second bonus given that there’s supposedly no lifetime language in the offer? I would be applying with a different ein.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 5:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
NLL means you'd get the bonus. However, there are several reports that the offer you mentioned is targeted; i.e., once you log in to apply, you may find that the offer doesn't exist for you.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
NLL means you'd get the bonus. However, there are several reports that the offer you mentioned is targeted; i.e., once you log in to apply, you may find that the offer doesn't exist for you.
thanks. I did log in and I have the offer. My wife, who also has an Amex gold, also has the offer.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 7:25 pm
mia

Offers that do not exclude previous cardholders are common: How common are targeted offers without once-in-a-lifetime language?
Old Dec 14, 2020, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Sorry if this is the wrong thread. Earlier this year in May, I got my first ever Bus Plat. Last Sunday I got a special email offer for the Bus Plat with no lifetime restriction language of 100K with $15K spend. Applied and got approved. Yesterday I got another email with the same offer for the Bus Plat with 100K with $15K spend and no lifetime restriction. Has anyone got two special offers for the same card when you already have one? Is there a risk Amex would get worried and I could get everything shutdown if I apply for the third card of the same type?
Old Dec 14, 2020, 7:56 am
mia

Originally Posted by UA Fan
... worried....
Charge cards do not add credit exposure, because American Express does not commit to a formal credit limit. I would not expect a problem if you can earn the bonus without violating the terms which exclude buying gift cards etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.