Wiki Posts
Search

New AMEX Website

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2017, 12:51 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
... i dont see how amex account management increases their revenue,...
Do you see the value of reducing expenses? American Express issues cards in scores of countries, each with its own website, some in multiple languages, and there are mobile versions of many, in addition to smart phone apps. There could be substantial operational savings if the desktop and mobile versions could be merged into a single touch-compatible interface -and if multiple countries could use the same basic framework.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 10:41 pm

Just payed the AMEX bill on iPhone and the format and layout is totally jacked up. You have to scroll the screen around! I'm pretty sure the site I saw on Win 10 is the exact same site I saw on the iPhone. Strange indeed.

I'm also sure the clowns that dismantled the previous iteration did not test it on the iPhone, because if they did, they should've noticed these issues.

Terrible.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by radiolarian
I'm also sure the clowns that dismantled the previous iteration did not test it on the iPhone, because if they did, they should've noticed these issues.
Terrible.
It's rather scary that a major bank could be so careless in such sensitive matter (whether this "job" was done in house or outsourced).
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Seems there is some issue on new site I have located. Want to apply for a new card for my wife. You click apply(not logged in) and it seems to try and load card app page but then just loads login page. If you go to 'create new' you have to enter your card number(which I am trying to make a new)...

sigh
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:43 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
...Want to apply for a new card for my wife. You click apply(not logged in) and it seems to try and load card app page but then just loads login page...
Have you tried doing this from a Private or Incognito browser window?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Have you tried doing this from a Private or Incognito browser window?
Interesting. Thanks for the idea(it worked)!

Odd because in safari I had already tried clearing history/cache/cookies/etc. Complete sweep.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:58 am

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
i will make the bold assumption that everyone that do not like the site if over 50 years old. i personally love it, it has more functionality than the previous version.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:21 am

some for us 85 year old churners-- wish the young kid would find this for us old people-lol

https://online.americanexpress.com/m..._homepage_myca

old site
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by MasterCharge
i will make the bold assumption that everyone that do not like the site if over 50 years old. i personally love it, it has more functionality than the previous version.
I'm well under 50 and part of my work involves web UX design and testing. I hate it.

The new site is ugly, slow, and makes core functionality more difficult. I'm curious what new functionality you've discovered, because other than an adaptive UI (which doesn't even work all the time), I haven't seen any net new functionality. Not saying it isn't there, I just haven't come across it yet and am curious what it is.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by gooselee
I'm well under 50 and part of my work involves web UX design and testing. I hate it.

The new site is ugly, slow, and makes core functionality more difficult. I'm curious what new functionality you've discovered, because other than an adaptive UI (which doesn't even work all the time), I haven't seen any net new functionality. Not saying it isn't there, I just haven't come across it yet and am curious what it is.
I'm no where near 50... and all of it is pretty poor.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by MasterCharge
i personally love it, it has more functionality than the previous version.
Exactly what functions did you find that were not available in the previous version?
If they're not obvious, please also share how to access them.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Exactly what functions did you find that were not available in the previous version?
If they're not obvious, please also share how to access them.
One perk of the new format: if you're browsing from a mobile device you can finally see every Amex Offer available to you. Previously the site only showed 20 or so offers when browsing via mobile.

One drawback to the new format, which has been previously echoed here: it's now very difficult to pull up a single, compact, aggregate view of all your card balances and due dates.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by weaseltown
One perk of the new format: if you're browsing from a mobile device you can finally see every Amex Offer available to you. Previously the site only showed 20 or so offers when browsing via mobile.

One drawback to the new format, which has been previously echoed here: it's now very difficult to pull up a single, compact, aggregate view of all your card balances and due dates.
Problem is, 95% if not more, the offers are useless during a good part of the year.

It is not until the holiday seasons one see some meaningful offers.

Besides, the offers are showing up in reversed order, i.e. NEW offers on the top. So if you do not see anything useful on your first 20 offers, you most likely would not find anything good for you to scroll down the next 60 offers...

I for one, dont like to use the horrible new version, going thru 3 times more clicks for the one-click function with the old version, thus wasting a lot of time - just for the "hope" to shift thru the 85 some offers but not finding a single one useful for the good part of the year.

Plus the new version is so slow to load - most of the time it is just the blue circle doing an endless spin and then come back with a "we are sorry" message.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:32 pm

From most of the complaints it sounds like a 'mobile is the future' so they make everything 'mobile' looking. However many don't use mobile 100%. Sure I use mobile AMEX a lot but it's not 100%.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
From most of the complaints it sounds like a 'mobile is the future' so they make everything 'mobile' looking. However many don't use mobile 100%. Sure I use mobile AMEX a lot but it's not 100%.
That's a fair observation. The "mobile look" is largely dictated by a limited screen size and awkward input device. Customers have totally different requirements for full featured websites. If AmEx can't restore self access through a well functioning website, they better be ready to hire lots more human agents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.