Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AMEX Website

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Not a fan...
Old Jun 14, 2017, 2:15 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
just as AMEX makes it's so hard to utilize any of their benefits, they made the website so hard to use. it's like a puzzle solving if you want to find anything. and many info that people access often need multiple level of menu/clicks to get.

maybe their philosophy is: how to make this harder for our customers?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 3:20 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by tmiw
One thing that would be nice now is being able to set a different card as default, like what others have already mentioned.
When I click "menu" and then "account services," it goes back to the old layout. Companies need to start releasing new websites and products when they're actually ready... Is it really that hard? That means finish the entire website and then test it for usability/bugs before releasing it to the public.

Originally Posted by mingw
just as AMEX makes it's so hard to utilize any of their benefits, they made the website so hard to use. it's like a puzzle solving if you want to find anything. and many info that people access often need multiple level of menu/clicks to get.

maybe their philosophy is: how to make this harder for our customers?
You're right about that one. When you can only redeem in $25 increments or have to use your card x amount of times to get your full number of points four weeks later, it is annoying. I'm just going to take it that AMEX outsourced its web design team.

Last edited by mikesyr18; Jun 14, 2017 at 3:27 am
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:46 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by slm9555
...used to be to get a quick glance at your pending points from the main dashboard....
I do not recall that. I have used the process described in my previous post for several years. The data is exactly the same as before.

Originally Posted by Acid
-last login date - December 1969 (I was not even born!)
That's what the field would display when it has no data. In many Unix systems the date/clock counter starts on 01.01.1970 GMT, but you may see a date in 1969 if your local time is behind GMT. The same happens if a Flyertalk thread timestamp is corrupted.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
Even the 'pending' charges is in an odd place. If you click statements and activity it goes to the latest statement period, not the most recent time period. What an odd thing to do.
Simply scroll down on the main page, and under Recent Transactions select the Pending tab that is next to the Posted tab. You do not have to click Statements and Activity.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:08 am

I believe only the first landing page is impacted as of now.

When one logs in, they by default land on the Home tab which is where they have this disgusting new redesign of global.amex pages. However, if you click on any of the other tabs (Payments / Statement&Activity ) it still reverts to the old online.amex pages

Just wish people would not keep fixing things that are not broken. Sigh.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mia

That's what the field would display when it has no data. In many Unix systems the date/clock counter starts on 01.01.1970 GMT, but you may see a date in 1969 if your local time is behind GMT. The same happens if a Flyertalk thread timestamp is corrupted.
Thanks mia! Learnt something new.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:04 am

Hate it- and all these companies that feel the need to mobile-fy their desktop sites
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by mia
I do not recall that. I have used the process described in my previous post for several years. The data is exactly the same as before.
They used to have a little info button to click on next to your MR points on the main dashboard. The info button would pull up in a mini window your pending points. This feature is no longer there.

Last edited by mia; Jun 14, 2017 at 10:53 am
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
A little to and from with their consumers would've given Amex some insight into the features and design elements that people liked and used.

Amex like other major companies seems to enjoy alienating their subscribers while charging them more for the privilege.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PassengerPoldberg
WOAH! That's an unpleasant surprise. I always live by the motto "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Amex lives by the motto, lets break our functional website every few years, and replace it with something more awful. I can't even imagine what he next iteration will look like.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by slm9555
I may be wrong but it looks like they removed the little info button to see how many MR points you have pending!!
Yup. I was just gong to post this exact complaint. I found pending points but you have to navigate the MR section to find it. No good. Checking my pending MR points quickly was something I always did, even on the iPhone.

When I tried to go back to account home, the stupid site got stuck and all I saw was some stupid spinning blue circle. I just clicked forward back to MR and logged out.

I don't know what these stupid trendy blue circles are, but I've noticed it on another website (medical) that I log-in to. That site was totally fine before the morons changed it into blue circles.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Acid
Its not just bad design - it has lot of incorrect info
-last login date - December 1969 (I was not even born!)
-The Amex offer referral amounts are incorrect
-Its crashed on me few times today
-it didnt display the autopay setup on one of my cards.

Used the classic url and thankfully everything looked okay!
What's the classic URL -- did you find a way to continue using the old website?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Not a fan at all
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Seems to have crashed all together now. I get a page that says "sorry, call the number on the back of your card ...". Whatever happened to testing stuff before deploying it - well, I guess I am dating myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.