Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX exclusive USA issuer of Hilton Cards [2018]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by mia
Are you asking about a card you already have, or would it be a newly issued card?

The change is already in effect for newly opened accounts:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...11-0/#FeeTable

New one as a former Citi no-fee account. Thanks!

​​​​​​
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Applied and received the vanilla HH AmEx card. At the application it had 50K sign-on bonus, however, when I received the card there's no mention of such. I called AmEx and they confirmed I will receive 50K points after 1K spend within 90 days, but they reiterated 6-8 weeks, which is fine by me.

My question, for those who got the same card as mine, did you come across the same as mine? ie No mention of 50K bonus in welcome pkg but received them 6-8 weeks later.

Some banks are notorious at not honoring this automatically (you'll have to keep hauling and reminding to get them).
Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:24 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by vincewy
... when I received the card there's no mention ...
This is normal, American Express (USA) does not confirm bonuses is writing.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by vincewy
Applied and received the vanilla HH AmEx card. At the application it had 50K sign-on bonus, however, when I received the card there's no mention of such. I called AmEx and they confirmed I will receive 50K points after 1K spend within 90 days, but they reiterated 6-8 weeks, which is fine by me.

My question, for those who got the same card as mine, did you come across the same as mine? ie No mention of 50K bonus in welcome pkg but received them 6-8 weeks later.

Some banks are notorious at not honoring this automatically (you'll have to keep hauling and reminding to get them).
I know people have reported otherwise as of late, but I've always received my promised bonus and it has never been denoted in writing in the welcome package.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Data Points regarding Weekend Nights Posting for the Ascend Cards

Ascend #1 (Converted Citi Reserve): Free Weekend Night Posted 2/12/18

Ascend #2 (Converted Hilton Surpass): 12k Spend in Jan (Statement closed 2/9) then spent another 3k on 2/11 (current statement that is still open). Free Weekend Night arrived this morning 2/19.

Last edited by Dsm2m2; Feb 19, 2018 at 9:50 am
Old Mar 9, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hyperzulu
It's there as I said... Right on the Dashboard of the desktop site after selecting your Ascend card.

And if you need more details, click the View Weekend Night Rewards link and see the following:
Thanks, I never saw this before. It's not showing from my converted Citi card, but it is from my old Am Ex.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:47 pm

Regarding the "$250 HILTON RESORT STATEMENT CREDIT", can I use it to book a room directly with Hilton, or is it only meant for other Hilton charges? Thanks.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by asdfghjk
Regarding the "$250 HILTON RESORT STATEMENT CREDIT", can I use it to book a room directly with Hilton, or is it only meant for other Hilton charges? Thanks.
You can use it for both the room rate and other charges, but only at hotels on the official Hilton resort hotel list (and that you booked through Hilton and with the Aspire card).
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
You can use it for both the room rate and other charges, but only at hotels on the official Hilton resort hotel list (and that you booked through Hilton and with the Aspire card).
Thanks.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hyperzulu
It's there as I said... Right on the Dashboard of the desktop site after selecting your Ascend card.

And if you need more details, click the View Weekend Night Rewards link and see the following:
Now my counter has disappeared. anyone else have this issue?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Is it the $250 resort credit in a calendar year or a cardmember year?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 5:50 am
mia

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Is it the $250 resort credit in a calendar year or a cardmember year?
Sorry, my original reply referred to the Airline Fee benefit, which is also $250, and is administered on a calendar year basis. The resort benefit is administered on a membership year basis, as nall helpfully pointed out.

$250 Hilton Resort Credit

During each year of your Card Membership ("reward year"), you are eligible to receive up to $250 total in statement credits on your Card Account for eligible purchases made directly with participating Hilton Resorts with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card during that reward year. Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date
Eligible Hilton Resort purchases must be made directly with the participating Hilton Resort and charged to your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card account for the benefit to apply. Incidental charges (including charges made at restaurants, spas, and other establishments within the hotel property) must be charged to your room and paid for with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card at checkout in order for them to be recognized as Hilton Resort purchases. Visit hilton.com/resorts for the list of participating Hilton Resorts. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $250 per renewal year in statement credits across all Cards on the Card Account. Please allow 8-12 weeks after the eligible Hilton purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. Please call the number on the back of your Card if statement credits have not posted after 12 weeks from the date of purchase. Card Members remain responsible for timely payment of all charges.

Last edited by mia; Mar 29, 2018 at 8:46 am Reason: Remove & replace reply
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:18 am

The question was about the resort credit, not the airline incidental credit. That one says "each year of Card Membership" rather than "calendar year."
mia likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 1:06 pm

Pardon if this has been asked, but I can't find it.

I had the Citi no fee Hilton card. I received the Amex replacement but never officially activated it.

I see that Amex is giving new applicants for this card 75K points after a $1K spend.

I called Amex and asked if there was some incentive for me to activate the card rather than instead applying for the card anew. They did start claiming that the Amex flavor of the card was the same product as the Citi flavor. They offered to upgrade me to surpass by spending $2K for which I'd receive 75K points.

the app does say "Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product." Has anyone been able to successfully argue that the two versions of the card are not the same product?

Last edited by katstarr; May 27, 2018 at 1:12 pm Reason: error
Old May 27, 2018, 1:15 pm
mia

Originally Posted by katstarr
....Has anyone been able to successfully argue that the two versions of the card are not the same product?
That doesn't matter. If you did not cancel the Citi card by the published deadline you already have an American Express account. The fact that you have not activated it changes nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.