Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Old May 25, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Please do not post referral offers or links in the thread or in this Wikipost. You may post offers (without links) in the dedicated REFERRAL THREAD.

TARGETED application link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html

This is a link to a targeted 20,000 point offer for Blue Business Plus. The landing page shows an expiration date of 12.31.2017, however if you click [Apply Now] and then Offer Terms you see that the offer is valid until 12.31.2018. You will be required to login to apply. If you are not targeted the system will display an error: This offer is no longer available..."

Original application link (expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44960

Second application link (Expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44961
Print Wikipost

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
Yes, I ignored the email and received the card.
Thank you mia for the assurance.

There is no information on either the last digits of the account number or the credit line of the card on all the screen shots I saved, when others reported how much credit lines they got on their instant approvals. Then this stupid email got me all confused. So now we will just wait for the physical cards to arrive.

On another note, got a email about a notification on my own SPG Biz - turns out AMEX increases the CL 3x of the existing one which is recent enough for me. This increase is scary!
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:41 pm
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The credit limit was displayed on the balance transfer page. Mine is $9,000 which I think has been mentioned by others earlier in the thread. I don't think they reduced the limit on another card. They are including No Preset Spending Limit on this card, which I don't recall as a published feature of any previous American Express credit cards.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by Happy
This morning I submitted husband's app using existing customer short cut. Instant approved followed by screens of adding employee card and balance transfer request. Added me as employee and skipped the balance transfer. Because of the issues reported about unable to link newly approved accounts to existing log in, I opted to skip the screen on either register the card / link to existing log in. There is no credit line information on the card.

Now we came home and found an email from AMEX about his application is under review.

So is he approved or is he not?

Looking at the screen shots, I dont see any new account number ever generated despite the Heading of "Good News. You are approved for xxxx.
Blow the Heading, is the Add Up To Five Employee Cards.

After adding the employee card, the next screen shows:

Thank You. We have received your information.
Please check your inbox for confirmation and pnline account set up.
You will received your new card(s) at the home address you provided in 2 business days.

Next to the card image, Approved in green is above his name, Employee card is above my name.

Everything online indicated he is approved.

Has anyone received the email after instant approval online saying something otherwise like below?

<<We are excited that you've decided to apply for the Blue BusinessSM Plus Credit Card, and we're reviewing your application now. We promise to let you know when we're finished, or if we need more information.>>

Check application status via Americanexpress.com/applicationstatus
It shows approved.
So why it is under review? reallocating CLs?
Like mia, I received that same email and the card came a few days later. I also received the $9000 credit limit many others have received.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
The credit limit was displayed on the balance transfer page. Mine is $9,000 which I think has been mentioned by others earlier in the thread. I don't think they reduced the limit on another card. They are including No Preset Spending Limit on this card, which I don't recall as a published feature of any previous American Express credit cards.
Oh, I quickly skipped the Balance Transfer page and did not bother to take a screen shot as would not use that feature.

Since he does not have a MR account now, I assume a new one would be created automatically once the card is activated and linked to existing log in? Or must he create the MR account manually?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
I applied online yesterday and got a message to call in for an instant decision. Almost immediately, I got an email telling me that my application is under review. I called and rep said that I have the maximum amount of Amex credit cards possible (4+ Amex credit cards besides the charge cards). After agreeing to closing my other biz credit card account, I was approved.

A little while later, I got the congrats email and followed the link to setup the account under my current log in info. Only 2 offers are showing up under this account at the moment.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Approval email arrived

The approval email just arrived.

Followed the link to set up account online and linked to existing log in. 22.5K CL.
There is no rhythm on how AMEX decide the CL as his previous 2 biz cards (DL and AMEX) AMEX kept taking CL from his lone personal card which is a HH, leaving the poor HH only 4K left. Now this new card starts with an above avg CL. Crazy.

He does not have a membership reward earning card right now. However, I cannot figure out how to set up a Membership Reward account.

Only 2 offers under the account.

Last edited by Happy; Jun 2, 2017 at 5:39 pm
Old Jun 2, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
I got my card the other day. As noted on some blogs, a hard pull was NOT done on me for the application.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by Happy
The approval email just arrived.

Followed the link to set up account online and linked to existing log in. 22.5K CL.
There is no rhythm on how AMEX decide the CL as his previous 2 biz cards (DL and AMEX) AMEX kept taking CL from his lone personal card which is a HH, leaving the poor HH only 4K left. Now this new card starts with an above avg CL. Crazy.

He does not have a membership reward earning card right now. However, I cannot figure out how to set up a Membership Reward account.

Only 2 offers under the account.
Amex will automatically setup MR account and should link your card to it. If you don't see it, a call to Membership Rewards should get it fixed.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:54 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by yngdiego
I got my card the other day. As noted on some blogs, a hard pull was NOT done on me for the application.
Same here... had two existing personal AMEX accounts (one charge, one credit) and no hard pull for this application.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: SAA, DL, BA, UA, IHG, SPG
I applied and got a Pending Review message. Immediately got an email saying it was Pending followed quickly by another saying they've finished Processing my application and to click the link for the status, however when I click the link, it only shows 2 previous applications from the past year - not this one. Anyone have a similar situation?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mia
$9,000 limit here as well.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
This card finally beats my grandfathered Priceline 2x/5x card after 5 years I have it! But Priceline has no FTF, no cap on points and it's a Visa. Planning to apply for this Amex card, but I already have Blue for Business with 10x on restaurants and 2x on everything for 1 year. I will finish $2k for restaurants soon. Do you think they will allow me to get another one? I already have 4 CCs from Amex, but had 5, and cancelled one.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by yugi
This card finally beats my grandfathered Priceline 2x/5x card after 5 years I have it! But Priceline has no FTF, no cap on points and it's a Visa. Planning to apply for this Amex card, but I already have Blue for Business with 10x on restaurants and 2x on everything for 1 year. I will finish $2k for restaurants soon. Do you think they will allow me to get another one? I already have 4 CCs from Amex, but had 5, and cancelled one.

I also have this Feb 2017 version, it is also 2x to $50k and 30% on the annual total.

Ours is better for this first year.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by yugi
I also have the old 2% Priceline Visa. I was getting excited about putting some upcoming large charges on my new Blue Business, then I realized that all three companies take VISA/MC only. So, my Priceline Visa definitely stays in my wallet.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey
Thanks, mia and all contributors to this thread. I just got accepted for the card. Nice deal! I'll be using this often. My go-to cards after this:

Amex personal Plat: 5x direct airline charges
Chase Sapp. Reserve: 3x travel & dinning (except for direct airline charges)
Chase Ink: 5x for cable and wireless
Amex Blue Bus. +: 2x for everything else, where they accept Amex
This is probably what I'll do as well, but I have to apply and get approved for Blue Business Plus first

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.