Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Please do not post referral offers or links in the thread or in this Wikipost. You may post offers (without links) in the dedicated REFERRAL THREAD.

TARGETED application link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html

This is a link to a targeted 20,000 point offer for Blue Business Plus. The landing page shows an expiration date of 12.31.2017, however if you click [Apply Now] and then Offer Terms you see that the offer is valid until 12.31.2018. You will be required to login to apply. If you are not targeted the system will display an error: This offer is no longer available..."

Original application link (expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44960

Second application link (Expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44961
Print Wikipost

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
Industry Type: Other
Company Structure:Sole proprietorship
Years in Business: Lowest range or 0
Number of Employees: Lowest range or 0
Annual Business Revenue: Lowest range
Estimated Monthly Spend: I use the amount required to earn bonus
Federal Tax ID number: Social Security number

Don't overthink this. Issuers want to issue business cards, and they want us to use them, but they cannot openly market them for personal use.
I would add:

Business Name: your name
Business Address: your address
Business Phone: your phone
Old Jun 17, 2017, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mjgoldstein9
I make some extra monthly income from renting a room in my house. I get paid in cash so it's not taxible. I've agreed to pay some bills, etc as well. would my application most likely get approved?
If you don't want a hassle, just pretend not to have a business (if you don't have an easily provable business). (See my "enhancement" of mia's post directly above.) That way they can't request documents asking you to prove your business name, prove your business income, etc, etc.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
If you don't want a hassle, just pretend not to have a business (if you don't have an easily provable business). (See my "enhancement" of mia's post directly above.) That way they can't request documents asking you to prove your business name, prove your business income, etc, etc.
starting to recall some of this before, seems it may not have changed at all, unlike personal
Old Jun 17, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I applied for one of these with Mia's instructions, got approved in 90 seconds. I don't have a business, I put my name for business name.. no issues. Been using it for a few weeks now.

Question- If I load this card into Apple Pay, then use Apple Pay for transaction (with Business Blue AMEX), does it still count for 2x points? I know AMEX offers require the card to be swiped, and they will reject the statement credit.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by BarryL
I know AMEX offers require the card to be swiped, and they will reject the statement credit.
Plenty of offers are online and/or in-store.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 12:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by mia
Don't overthink this. Issuers want to issue business cards, and they want us to use them, but they cannot openly market them for personal use.
It's similar to when a pharmaceutical company's drug that is FDA-approved for treatment of X is also effective at treating Y, but not approved for treatment of Y. They do everything they can to alert doctors to literature showing effectiveness for treating Y, but they stop just short of expressly encouraging them prescribe the drug to treat Y.

You want to use this business card for personal use? Sure, that's fine! It's meant for business, but that's totally fine. And let us emphasize that what you have in mind is totally fine.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BarryL
Question- If I load this card into Apple Pay, then use Apple Pay for transaction (with Business Blue AMEX), does it still count for 2x points? I know AMEX offers require the card to be swiped, and they will reject the statement credit.
The issue with Amex offers is that have to be billed directly by the merchant named in the offer. If a pay service bills as itself rather than as the final merchant, that's why a specific Amex offer may not work (or a category offer may not work) with that pay service. (I know nothing about how Apple Pay bills specifically, but I do know in general that some pay services bill as them THEMSELVES*MERCHANT, instead of billing directly by the merchant.)

But that has nothing to do with normal points you earn for this card. This card (any Amex offers aside) always earns either 2 points per dollar or 0 points per dollar (unless you get to the $$$$$ yearly cap), it's that simple.

This card gives 2x for all purchases (up to $$$$$ in purchases annually, anyway). What matters is whether it's counted as a purchase (as opposed to a cash advance). If you're buying real stuff or real services, there's no issue; it doesn't matter whether it's online or in person chip read or in person card swiped or through PayPal or through a phone pay service or whatever.

What may matter (but doesn't always matter) is things that Amex feels are "cash equivalents". But using a particular pay service, for normal earnings Amex doesn't care.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jun 17, 2017 at 8:02 pm
Old Jun 18, 2017, 10:07 am

FWIW, unless the hard pull takes over 4 days to show, Amex didn't do a HP on me for this card. I did have over 100K spend with Amex though in the past year so that might be part of the reason.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:11 pm

The affiliate links appear to be down but the link with bonus in the wiki still works, for now....
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:32 am

Has anyone seen this show up in their "referable" options? Want to refer my wife...
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Applied for myself this morning before the non-affiliate link with bonus being pulled like the affiliated links.

Instant approved despite already have 4 CCs (OBC/EVD/HH/SPG Biz).

While I was adding hubby for Employee Card, the screen jumped to a "Global" page where all countries are listed for you to choose from in order to log in your AMEX... (I was already logged in, applied as existing customer). So I lost the Add Employee screen and the Balance Transfer screen that supposedly to follow. Looks like the newly upgraded Global link is glitching again.

Checked the status and it showed the card was approved. (strangely it also showed the SPG Biz from 2 years ago).

As reported, got the Review email currently. Hopefully will see the approval email a few hours later.

Will add Employee Card once physical card in hand and be added to existing log in.

For those who are still on the fence, may need to decide whether to take the 20K now of wait till its recurrence in distance future.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Happy
Applied for myself this morning before the non-affiliate link with bonus being pulled like the affiliated links.
Did you get a hard pull?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Did you get a hard pull?
No clue and I do not monitor such stuff.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:07 pm

You guys applying incognito or when logged in? Wondering if this has anything to do with HPs. Some DPs would be nice.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
You guys applying incognito or when logged in? Wondering if this has anything to do with HPs. Some DPs would be nice.
I applied today not incognito, not logged in. No HP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.