FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, $50k/yr cap. 20K TARGETED, 10K by referral. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1844512-usa-blue-business-plus-2x-all-spend-50k-yr-cap-20k-targeted-10k-referral.html)

mia May 25, 17 11:21 am

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, $50k/yr cap. 20K TARGETED, 10K by referral.
 
Blue Business Plus 2X

With your Blue Business Plus Card from American Express, you earn one Membership Rewards® point for each dollar you spend on your Card for eligible purchases. For the first $50,000 in eligible purchases in each calendar year you also earn one additional point (for a total of 2 points). Eligible purchases are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents. Additional terms and restrictions apply.
  1. There does not appear to be a current new account bonus.
  2. This card may replace the previous Blue for Business, discussed in THIS thread, but that probably does not mean that existing accounts will be automatically converted.
  3. IF this card still participates in Membership Rewards Express you must also hold an Everyday, Green, Gold, Platinum or Centurion card linked to the same Membership Rewards account to be eligible for airline or hotel transfers.)

mhdena May 25, 17 12:07 pm

Any mention if this also gets an annual 30% bonus?

flyaxa May 25, 17 12:19 pm


Originally Posted by mhdena (Post 28358653)
Any mention if this also gets an annual 30% bonus?

Doesn't appear so. It looks like their introductory offer is the 0%APR on purchases for first 15 months.

I have the version with the 30% bonus intro offer. Might wait until the bonus hits and then try to convert it to this new PLUS....unless of course they offer a better intro bonus down the road. Then maybe just apply straight out for the card. I wonder if this would this be considered the same product?

Troopers May 25, 17 12:23 pm


Originally Posted by mia (Post 28358460)
[*]IF this card still participates in Membership Rewards Express you must also hold an Everyday, Green, Gold, Platinum or Centurion card linked to the same Membership Rewards account to be eligible for airline or hotel transfers.)

It appears this card does NOT participate in MR Express. So, this card would be another no fee MR card.

https://rewards.americanexpress.com/...F&mrk=&stoken=

Look in the Table under section 2.

mia May 25, 17 12:46 pm


Originally Posted by Troopers (Post 28358728)
Look in the Table under section 2.

^

uclacolumbiaunc May 25, 17 12:49 pm


Originally Posted by Troopers (Post 28358728)
It appears this card does NOT participate in MR Express. So, this card would be another no fee MR card.

https://rewards.americanexpress.com/...F&mrk=&stoken=

Look in the Table under section 2.

so MR points earned from this card can be transferred to airlines frequent flyer program (Without having to have another transfer-eligible Amex card)????

Troopers May 25, 17 12:50 pm


Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc (Post 28358856)
so MR points earned from this card can be transferred to airlines frequent flyer program (Without having to have another transfer-eligible Amex card)????

Correct. This card is a good candidate for long term holding.

mia May 25, 17 12:50 pm


Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc (Post 28358856)
so MR points earned from this card can be transferred to airlines frequent flyer program (Without having to have another transfer-eligible Amex card)????

That's what it shows in the document linked by Troopers, same as the free version of Everyday.

uclacolumbiaunc May 25, 17 12:53 pm


Originally Posted by mia (Post 28358865)
That's what it shows in the document linked by Troopers, same as the free version of Everyday.

I was worrying, since this card is new, Amex has not had the time to update the document...

blue for business is listed, so hopefully Amex won't add Blue for business plus to the list later....

mia May 25, 17 12:58 pm


Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc (Post 28358880)
blue for business is listed, so hopefully Amex won't add Blue for business plus to the list later....

The Blue Business Plus card is already listed in the document.

But, yes it's possible that American Express added it to the About the Program tab, and neglected to add it to the transfer exceptions list on the Using Points tab.

dw May 25, 17 1:30 pm

Eligible for Points Transfer
 
From AMEX's Press Release:

http://about.americanexpress.com/new...edit-card.aspx

"Card Members have the choice to redeem the points for travel, statement credits, gift cards, or merchandise, and they also have the option to transfer points to one of our participating airline or hotel loyalty programs" ^

jags86 May 25, 17 1:32 pm

There is a 20,000 MR bonus after $3,000 spend available reported at OMAAT. I used his link and was approved with a $9,000 limit and $1,000 yearly stated business revenue.

esf May 25, 17 1:37 pm

So Amex thinks they can afford a 2X everywhere no AF card, but not a convoluted 50% back on a $450 AF card?
What's wrong with Amex?

mia May 25, 17 1:53 pm

Moderator action
 
I have created a Wikipost with a link that should display the 20,000 point offer, but not generate any referral credit.

jags86 May 25, 17 1:55 pm


Originally Posted by esf (Post 28359057)
So Amex thinks they can afford a 2X everywhere no AF card, but not a convoluted 50% back on a $450 AF card?
What's wrong with Amex?

Completely different things. The max OOP cost to AMEX is 35,000 additional MR vs the old Blue for Business (up to 1.3 MR/$) and it's limited to $50,000 in spend/yr.

Most of these points probably go unspent or spent at a 1 cpp valuation or possibly even less.

The 50% rebate was probably killing them. You had people who were redeeming 100,000s of points at 2 cents each and most people could earn more than 1 point per dollar spent.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 7:17 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.