Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Old May 25, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Please do not post referral offers or links in the thread or in this Wikipost. You may post offers (without links) in the dedicated REFERRAL THREAD.

TARGETED application link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html

This is a link to a targeted 20,000 point offer for Blue Business Plus. The landing page shows an expiration date of 12.31.2017, however if you click [Apply Now] and then Offer Terms you see that the offer is valid until 12.31.2018. You will be required to login to apply. If you are not targeted the system will display an error: This offer is no longer available..."

Original application link (expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44960

Second application link (Expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44961
Print Wikipost

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:31 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sam007
....close the gold and transfer points to the plus

Thx
There is nothing to transfer. When you open Blue Business Plus it should be automatically linked to the same Membership Rewards account. Verify that this has happened before closing the Gold card account.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by mia
There is nothing to transfer. When you open Blue Business Plus it should be automatically linked to the same Membership Rewards account. Verify that this has happened before closing the Gold card account.
does the gold card bonus I received a year ago going to interfere with getting the business plus bonus?
Actually tried to sign up at this ilnk and after logging in, it says offer is no longer available

Last edited by sam007; Aug 27, 2018 at 2:46 pm
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:47 pm

Folks - obviously got an error since I wasn't targeted. Any other 10k offers for this card that aren't targeted
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:29 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures
Original Poster

....10k offers for this card that aren't targeted
Yes, that's the public offer:

https://creditcard.americanexpress.c...s-credit-card/
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

does the gold card bonus I received a year ago going to interfere with getting the business plus bonus?
Actually tried to sign up at this ilnk and after logging in, it says offer is no longer available
Did you continue to use this card (any other Amex cards you got in recent years) even after you got the signup bonus?

In case you haven't heard, Amex has this new popup you might get which says "based on how you're used our cards, you do not qualify for a signup bonus on this card; do you still want to apply?". "Sock-drawering" an Amex card now has its perils !

So while the bonus itself last year on a different card won't hurt the bonus on this year's card, what else you did (or didn't) do with the card may hurt you (even if you find a working public link with a bonus).
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:37 pm

How do you guys like to MS the 2x category for 50k/year without having fees eat into a significant proportion of the profit?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Does anyone else have this problem?

I recently applied for this card and was notified by Amex that I had to get my banker to certify my address, that I have an account with the bank, etc. (Though nothing about verifying my business income is being asked for.) I had to go through the same hoops with another Amex business card, for SPG, a couple of years ago, but this initial request was followed by requests for additional information and verification that got so ridiculous that I just gave up.

FWIW, I have an 800+ credit score, an actual sole proprietorship consulting business that constitutes my pretty decent source of income and have an excellent track record with getting and paying on time multiple Amex business and personal cards over the years. I've only encountered this obstacle with this recent Blue Business application and the previous SPG Business one. The one thing that might distinguish me negatively, though I doubt I'm alone in this respect these days, is that I have placed a credit freeze on new accounts. What this normally means is that cc companies call me first just to verify the information before approving applications.

So...does anyone else have this problem with Amex business card applications? Could mine be because of the credit freeze, even though it normally is not a problem for me? Any other theories?

Thanks for any advice.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

do you still have the starwood? did you ever deal with service reps for it?
Old Oct 6, 2018, 12:09 am

A family member just was approved for this card and received it. He activated it, then tried to add it to his existing AMEX online account, only to get a message that this card can't be added to that account. The existing account has Plat, Hilton free card, and Old Blue Cash. He doesn't want to create a second login for this card. I have personally seen the message that I couldn't add it to my account after approval, but as soon as I received the card, I was able to add it. But in this case, the card is in hand. What can be done here?
Old Oct 6, 2018, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
A family member just was approved for this card and received it. He activated it, then tried to add it to his existing AMEX online account, only to get a message that this card can't be added to that account. The existing account has Plat, Hilton free card, and Old Blue Cash. He doesn't want to create a second login for this card. I have personally seen the message that I couldn't add it to my account after approval, but as soon as I received the card, I was able to add it. But in this case, the card is in hand. What can be done here?
I recall reading that if you wait a day or 2 and try again, it works. YMMV.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Had same issue. I waited until i got the actual card in the mail and then chatted with amex and they moved the acct to my personal login
Old Oct 6, 2018, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Had same issue. I waited until i got the actual card in the mail and then chatted with amex and they moved the acct to my personal login
I assume you tried adding the card manually yourself once you got it in the mail, and it still didn't work?
Old Oct 6, 2018, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
I recently applied for this card and was notified by Amex that I had to get my banker to certify my address, that I have an account with the bank, etc. (Though nothing about verifying my business income is being asked for.) I had to go through the same hoops with another Amex business card, for SPG, a couple of years ago, but this initial request was followed by requests for additional information and verification that got so ridiculous that I just gave up.

FWIW, I have an 800+ credit score, an actual sole proprietorship consulting business that constitutes my pretty decent source of income and have an excellent track record with getting and paying on time multiple Amex business and personal cards over the years. I've only encountered this obstacle with this recent Blue Business application and the previous SPG Business one. The one thing that might distinguish me negatively, though I doubt I'm alone in this respect these days, is that I have placed a credit freeze on new accounts. What this normally means is that cc companies call me first just to verify the information before approving applications.

So...does anyone else have this problem with Amex business card applications? Could mine be because of the credit freeze, even though it normally is not a problem for me? Any other theories?

Thanks for any advice.
Did you give your name as the business name or did you gave another business name? If another business name, they're asking for address verification for the business, not for you.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Thunderroad

Thanks for any advice.
Sorry about my delay in replying to your helpful replies. In any event...

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
do you still have the starwood? did you ever deal with service reps for it?
No, I never got the SPG business card. After applying for it, I had to jump through multiple hoops, including obtaining and providing to Amex the letter from my banker. But even after providing that letter, there was something else Amex still wanted me to do (sorry, I forget exactly what), so I dropped it. FWIW, the service reps all along the way were in India.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Did you give your name as the business name or did you gave another business name? If another business name, they're asking for address verification for the business, not for you.
I simply gave my name as my business name, which reflects the reality of my situation: I'm a self-employed consultant who is not incorporated in any way. I did provide my federal tax ID #, FWIW, but I've always done that with other business cards for which I've had no problem getting approved.

UPDATE: On the basis of the letter I got from Amex re this card (asking for a confirmation of my address from my banker) and my previous experience with the SPG business card application, I'd ignored a phone message from Amex asking me to call about the application. I'd assumed that if I returned the call, the CSR would simply ask me to submit the banker's letter.

Lo and behold, though, I decided to call today and got approved with no problem. And I received a prompt email from Amex to that effect. Not sure why I got conflicting information by letter and by phone, but glad it worked out. Thanks again to you two for the replies.

Last edited by Thunderroad; Oct 9, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Old Oct 25, 2018, 1:04 pm
mia
Original Poster

Perseverance pays. On the third attempt I have received a Contactless version of this card.
levilevi likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.