Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Please do not post referral offers or links in the thread or in this Wikipost. You may post offers (without links) in the dedicated REFERRAL THREAD.

TARGETED application link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html

This is a link to a targeted 20,000 point offer for Blue Business Plus. The landing page shows an expiration date of 12.31.2017, however if you click [Apply Now] and then Offer Terms you see that the offer is valid until 12.31.2018. You will be required to login to apply. If you are not targeted the system will display an error: This offer is no longer available..."

Original application link (expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44960

Second application link (Expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44961
Print Wikipost

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by mia
Is there a compelling reason to product change to Blue Business Plus and forego the 10,000 point new account bonus?
Stay under 5/24?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA DL
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Stay under 5/24?
Business cards don't count towards 5/24
mia and levilevi like this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Whoops. You'd think I would have known that. If only because I just got the new Blue and canceled the old one (after the relationship bonus on the old Blue) ... and am trying to stay under 5/24, at least until I have milked all the UR cards.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
Is there a compelling reason to product change to Blue Business Plus and forego the 10,000 point new account bonus?
A family member has a > 30K Blue for Business line, and would prefer to just convert that product, as opposed to opening a new card, trying to transfer the CL to it, et cetera.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:59 pm
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Two thoughts:

1. Blue Business Plus cards do tend to be issued with lower credit limits, BUT they have an explicit no-preset-spending feature which means that purchases can exceed the nominal limit (same as MasterCard World, Elite; VISA Signature, Infinite).
  2. Credit limits can be moved between cards online, completely self service. May not be able to move the full $30,000 immediately, but I have increased my BBP limit from $9,000 to $50,000 using this facility.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Sound points Mia, and I agree. (Only quibble is that the reallocation function can be hit and miss.)

We will likely go this route.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
It all depends on how much they look at that $1000 minimum ("4 digits" minimum) answer they just developed. I don't think we have datapoints yet to know whether they're still allowing "no business at all" answers to pass with this new $1000 minimum requirement.

Meanwhile, if there's indeed a 10000 bonus for signing up for the Blue Business Plus, why is the title of the this thread about the Blue Business Plus only listing a 20k promo that expired 12/31/2017? Shouldn't it list the 10k promo?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:57 am
mia
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
... if there's indeed a 10000 bonus for signing up for the Blue Business Plus,...
As far as I know it's only available by referral from an existing cardholder:

American Express Referral Offers (Read Wiki before posting).
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
As far as I know it's only available by referral from an existing cardholder:

So both links in the wikipost above are referrals?

The first link doesn't say anything about not being public and is 10k, the bottom link says TARGETED and is 20k. (In between are a lot of "non-working" crossed-out links.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by DaveH
Sound points Mia, and I agree. ...We will likely go this route.
Just a data point / update.

After being told "no" one more time on product trade, I bit the bullet yesterday and applied for the BBP using a referral link from my own BBP. Instant approval for 20K, on top of the 33K for the original Blue for business. AFAIK no credit pull was done. Since I was logged into the profile for the original blue card, business and other info was auto-populated.

Once the new plastic comes, I'll try to move at least $30K over to the BBP, resulting in a $50K line. That will match nicely with the 15 months 0% and 50K per calandar year 2x point bonus.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:26 am
mia
Original Poster

Moderator reminder

Referral links are not permitted anywhere in this forum.

Referral offers are not permitted in this thread or in the Wikipost.

The ONLY thread in this forum where you may post referral offers is:

Do be sure to read the Wikipost of that thread before posting.

If you have questions about a post or a link please do not reply to the thread. Use the triangular red Alert! icon to notify the moderator, and I will look at it.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 11:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP; UA Gold; DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mia
login: americanexpress.com
click: Account Services
click: Card Management
click: Remove Card from Online Management

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for as my AMEX BlueBiz+ had me create a totally new online account. All fixed!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:33 am
mia
Original Poster

In the Wikipost there is a link to a targeted 20,000 point offer for Blue Business Plus. The landing page shows an expiration date of 12.31.2017, however if you click [Apply Now] and then Offer Terms you see that the offer is valid until 12.31.2018. (A copy is attached for posterity, see page 3.)

You will be required to login to apply. If you are not targeted, the system will display an error message stating that the offer is no longer available. In that case you should look for a 10,000 point referral offer in THIS thread.
Attached Images

Last edited by mia; Apr 18, 2018 at 11:08 am
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:53 am
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
I clicked on the link. It took me to the Amex site and had me log in. After I logged in, I received a message stating
"This offer is no longer available......"

Did I do something wrong? Should I have not logged in?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:59 am
mia
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yrs
...had me log in....
If it forced you to login the offer is still targeted, and only those eligible will be able to apply. I will play with it to see if I can replicate that behavior.

EDITED: I can replicate, and have edited my previous post as well as the Wikipost and thread title. Sorry for the false hope.
levilevi likes this.

Last edited by mia; Apr 18, 2018 at 11:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.