Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Please do not post referral offers or links in the thread or in this Wikipost. You may post offers (without links) in the dedicated REFERRAL THREAD.

TARGETED application link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html

This is a link to a targeted 20,000 point offer for Blue Business Plus. The landing page shows an expiration date of 12.31.2017, however if you click [Apply Now] and then Offer Terms you see that the offer is valid until 12.31.2018. You will be required to login to apply. If you are not targeted the system will display an error: This offer is no longer available..."

Original application link (expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44960

Second application link (Expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44961
Print Wikipost

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2017, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by pokeygirl
Called today and was approved after working thru the fraud alert. Agent confirmed the 20K/3K spend promotion.
Blue BUSN Plus 20K MR Pts/$3K posted today.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Blue BUSN Plus 20K MR Pts/$3K posted today.
When did you finish your spend?
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
When did you finish your spend?
Dec 14th.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Ah, that's good -- thanks. Motivation to get this thing done!
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Plat, UA Club Card, National EE, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by onthego15
The offer seems to be publicly available again. Expires 12/31/2017:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html
This offer is no longer available. If you'd still like to apply for a Business Card from American Express OPEN

Link seems valid, but I see this error after clicking on it. Any ideas?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:10 am
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by hokiebuy
This offer is no longer available....
Link still displays application for me. Suggest trying again with different browser(s).
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: DL, Marriott
I was able to get the offer to show, but it asks me to login and once I do, it says it's unavailable
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pritomd
I was able to get the offer to show, but it asks me to login and once I do, it says it's unavailable
Was it really always a public link?

A public link should not require login, since it should be available to people without an existing Amex login. The requirement for Amex login suggests it's now a targeted link (was it always, or did it change? ).
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Was it really always a public link?

A public link should not require login, since it should be available to people without an existing Amex login. The requirement for Amex login suggests it's now a targeted link (was it always, or did it change? ).
see post #292 above by pokeygirl - link is targeted, but a phone call may do the trick. Good luck!
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:10 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
5/24

Does this "Business" card count or not count toward Chase's 5 cards allowed in 24 months. Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:08 pm
mia
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ned
Does this "Business" card count or not count toward Chase's 5 cards allowed in 24 months. .
Correct, business cards issued by American Express are not reported to personal credit bureaus, unless you default. Chase cannot count what it cannot see.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
My statement will close on January 3. I'm well under the $50,000 limit for 2X points in 2017 because the card is relatively new. Before I put some large end of year purchases on the card, will charges made in December count against my limit for 2X points for 2017 even though they won't appear on the statement until January 3 of 2018? If they instead will count against my 2018 limit, then there's no point in rushing to make some large appliance purchases this year that I otherwise can put off until next year.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 11:54 pm
mia
Original Poster

With your Blue Business Plus Card from American Express, you earn one Membership Rewards® point for each dollar you spend on your Card for eligible purchases. For the first $50,000 in eligible purchases in each calendar year you also earn one additional point (for a total of 2 points). Eligible purchases are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents. Additional terms and restrictions apply.
Source: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html

This product is new in 2017, and no one has experience with year-end transition, but I read the terms to mean that purchases earn based on transaction date, not statement date.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
i called the general application line 800-519-6736 at 2pm PDT, asked about the card was told there was no special offer available. I have called that number in the past and was told the same thing-- only the 0% balance transfer for 15 months is available via the phone.

There are two reports on DoC of phone in approvals on the 9th that occurred later in the day, so I called again after 4pm, this time i called the number on the application page 866-690-6736. The agent asked me my name/address and was able to locate a 20K/3K spend offer that I am eligible for. Yes, 3K, not the 5K on the current online app.

Did the app over the phone, but their system was down, so didn't get an instant response. Hopefully the app actually went through. I don't have any business cards with them at the moment, but do have a number of consumer cards.
Called the 866-690-6736 number just now. Told that the 20k offer no longer exists for anyone. Do we think this is true? The targeted link does say 12/31/17.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:29 am
mia
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Filler03
.... offer no longer exists for anyone...
I think there is little possibility that a front line customer service agent would know the details of every targeted offer that the company has outstanding, but it could well be that there are no valid public offers today for this card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.