Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Please do not post referral offers or links in the thread or in this Wikipost. You may post offers (without links) in the dedicated REFERRAL THREAD.

TARGETED application link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html

This is a link to a targeted 20,000 point offer for Blue Business Plus. The landing page shows an expiration date of 12.31.2017, however if you click [Apply Now] and then Offer Terms you see that the offer is valid until 12.31.2018. You will be required to login to apply. If you are not targeted the system will display an error: This offer is no longer available..."

Original application link (expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44960

Second application link (Expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44961
Print Wikipost

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2017, 11:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by mia
Thank you for the clarification. The offer is targeted. If I login using my own UserID I see "no longer available", but if I login using Ms mia's UserId the application is displayed.
I just tried the same thing, logging in under my wife's account. Got the "no longer available" message. Oh well. She's never had this particular card.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by mhdena
Good luck, there was a person who applied for the other version over the phone and did not get the bonus.
That would be an unfortunate turn of events. Is that likely given they made the offer to me? I didn't provide an RSVP code, just mentioned I had a friend who had received the offer and wondered if there were any similar that could be extended to me...

I have a fraud alert on my credit so I have to call in on Monday anyway, will confirm the offer again at that time.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by onthego15
The offer seems to be publicly available again. Expires 12/31/2017:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html
Sweet! Thank you
Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by pokeygirl
I have a fraud alert on my credit so I have to call in on Monday anyway, will confirm the offer again at that time.
Called today and was approved after working thru the fraud alert. Agent confirmed the 20K/3K spend promotion.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Called today and was approved after working thru the fraud alert. Agent confirmed the 20K/3K spend promotion.
What 20k/3k promotion? I though it was a 20k/5k promotion? Look at the title of the thread.

So did you get a targeted promo with a smaller minimum purchase requirement, or did you make a typo?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i called the general application line 800-519-6736 at 2pm PDT, asked about the card was told there was no special offer available. I have called that number in the past and was told the same thing-- only the 0% balance transfer for 15 months is available via the phone.

There are two reports on DoC of phone in approvals on the 9th that occurred later in the day, so I called again after 4pm, this time i called the number on the application page 866-690-6736. The agent asked me my name/address and was able to locate a 20K/3K spend offer that I am eligible for. Yes, 3K, not the 5K on the current online app.

Did the app over the phone, but their system was down, so didn't get an instant response. Hopefully the app actually went through. I don't have any business cards with them at the moment, but do have a number of consumer cards.
Originally Posted by sdsearch
What 20k/3k promotion? I though it was a 20k/5k promotion? Look at the title of the thread.

So did you get a targeted promo with a smaller minimum purchase requirement, or did you make a typo?
I suggest you read others posts more carefully and thoroughly before you jumped in to question others when the information was already posted LONG BEFORE you asked.

Hint: Look at the time line of pokegirl's post and her specific language.... Tthe agent has found a better offer she is eligible. And the info was posted on Nov 10, several posts BEFORE you posted your question posted on Nov 15 - 5 days after she told the community about the 20K/$3K offer still exists.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Happy
I suggest you read others posts more carefully and thoroughly before you jumped in to question others when the information was already posted LONG BEFORE you asked.

Hint: Look at the time line of pokegirl's post and her specific language.... Tthe agent has found a better offer she is eligible. And the info was posted on Nov 10, several posts BEFORE you posted your question posted on Nov 15 - 5 days after she told the community about the 20K/$3K offer still exists.
Yes, that is right. There is a Nov 8 post on DoC discussing the new promo 20K/5K, in the comments there are two DP that folks had received the 20K/3K offer via the phone on Nov9. I think there is an older post on the same site which mentions others sporadically getting the better offer. It's perhaps false to tie the comment time to the application time, but I did notice that the 20K/3K offer seems to happen later in the day, so I called the number on the application at ~4:30 PDT and the agent found the offer. He was located in San Antonio.

I wasn't targeted for the online 20K/5K offer. I had called the general application number several times before, soon after someone reported success with a phone app but no agent ever found anything other than the 0% BT offer for me. Maybe it wasn't the specific time, maybe it was that I finally called the number on the application instead of the general line. I always started by saying that a friend had recently been extended that specific 20K/3K offer on the phone and was calling to see if I was eligible for something similar. The agent found it after I had given him my name and address. I also had been going to the amex site to look for pre-qual'ed offers so perhaps they also finally had record of my interest in that card. Maybe he was just a nice guy who was willing to look and knew how to find things in the system. I don't really know.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
Yes, that is right. There is a Nov 8 post on DoC discussing the new promo 20K/5K, in the comments there are two DP that folks had received the 20K/3K offer via the phone on Nov9. I think there is an older post on the same site which mentions others sporadically getting the better offer. It's perhaps false to tie the comment time to the application time, but I did notice that the 20K/3K offer seems to happen later in the day, so I called the number on the application at ~4:30 PDT and the agent found the offer. He was located in San Antonio.

I wasn't targeted for the online 20K/5K offer. I had called the general application number several times before, soon after someone reported success with a phone app but no agent ever found anything other than the 0% BT offer for me. Maybe it wasn't the specific time, maybe it was that I finally called the number on the application instead of the general line. I always started by saying that a friend had recently been extended that specific 20K/3K offer on the phone and was calling to see if I was eligible for something similar. The agent found it after I had given him my name and address. I also had been going to the amex site to look for pre-qual'ed offers so perhaps they also finally had record of my interest in that card. Maybe he was just a nice guy who was willing to look and knew how to find things in the system. I don't really know.
After verifying that I wasn't targeted by clicking through to AmEx from DoC, I called to receive an Identical 20/3k offer and application made over the phone with CSR based in San Antonio. Went pending for 24 hours and approved on November 11th. Curious if anyone else received the same offer after Nov 9th or 10th? Or did a few of us just get lucky with this super helpful CSR out of SA?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:16 pm
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by arfaczar
...just get lucky with this super helpful CSR out of SA?
You won't know if you were lucky until the points are in your account.
get likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 2:18 pm

I signed up and was approved online for this card today. I did not know about the link for the 20k bonus points as I thought this card had no signup bonus. Any chance I can still get this bonus?
Old Nov 25, 2017, 3:33 pm

Just call in and ask. Most likely they will give you the deal.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by choff5507
I signed up and was approved online for this card today. I did not know about the link for the 20k bonus points as I thought this card had no signup bonus. Any chance I can still get this bonus?
I did; got it.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
Originally Posted by mia
You won't know if you were lucky until the points are in your account.
True! While I did confirm the Welcome Offer via chat and documented the same with a screenshot, you can never be sure till the points post to one's account. And even once it posts, you never know if AmEx claws it bkack or freezes the account!

EDIT: 20K MR posted the day after I met the $3k spend.

Last edited by arfaczar; Dec 6, 2017 at 7:29 am
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
I did; got it.
Appreciate the info. I tried calling today but since I had already been approved the rep said I would have to call customer service once the card was received. I will try and do this once I have it in hand. How do they normally ship these cards? Do they come quick?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:57 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by choff5507
How do they normally ship these cards? Do they come quick?
Mine was sent via regular U.S. Mail in a nondescript white envelope. The first one was deemed lost in the mail after 2 weeks passed without it showing up; the second one arrived after 2-3 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.