Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Please do not post referral offers or links in the thread or in this Wikipost. You may post offers (without links) in the dedicated REFERRAL THREAD.

TARGETED application link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html

This is a link to a targeted 20,000 point offer for Blue Business Plus. The landing page shows an expiration date of 12.31.2017, however if you click [Apply Now] and then Offer Terms you see that the offer is valid until 12.31.2018. You will be required to login to apply. If you are not targeted the system will display an error: This offer is no longer available..."

Original application link (expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44960

Second application link (Expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44961
Print Wikipost

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

some here do paid amex rental insurance in order to get primary (another CC is primary)
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
some here do paid amex rental insurance in order to get primary (another CC is primary)
Yes I’m aware but most cards that are secondary default to primary out of the country since there is no other insurance. Not much reason to pay AMEX for premium coverage since for the most part it will become primary abroad by virtue of there being no other insurance. In the off chance you would use this card abroad to rent a car, you *must* pay for the premium car rental insurance or else you would not be covered.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:31 am
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jags86
... It provides no rental insurance in foreign countries. I have not noticed this with any other AMEX cards......
It appears this changed on September 1, 2017:

Coverage is worldwide except for vehicles rented in Australia, Italy, New Zealand and any country on the Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) sanctioned country list. Coverage will be voided if a Rental Vehicle is rented in any country on the OFAC sanctioned country list.
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...nce-terms.html
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:31 pm
mia
Original Poster

Now on third attempt to obtain Contactless version of this card. First attempt failed because it was too soon after account opened. Second attempt failed because regular replacement card shipped, and arrived four day later than originally estimated. Now waiting for third card to arrive.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Now on third attempt to obtain Contactless version of this card. First attempt failed because it was too soon after account opened. Second attempt failed because regular replacement card shipped, and arrived four day later than originally estimated. Now waiting for third card to arrive.
Just use Apple/Google pay, no? It’s an ugly card to carry in your wallet....
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:07 pm
mia
Original Poster

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
It’s an ugly card to carry in your wallet....
Agreed, but I carry it to also use at places that do not accept Contactless.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:02 am

IMO, this is the best card I have ever had for non bonused spend inside the USA. I plan to convert it to personal use once the sale of my business goes thru in early 2018.
Can someone suggest another card that may be better for non bonused spend?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by bigbuy
IMO, this is the best card I have ever had for non bonused spend inside the USA. I plan to convert it to personal use once the sale of my business goes thru in early 2018.
Can someone suggest another card that may be better for non bonused spend?
Really depends on your goals. Some would say SPG at 1x is still superior to 2x MR. There’s Freedom Unlimited which gives 1.5 UR. And there’s BOA Travel Rewards which if you qualify for Platinum Honors gets you 2.625% cashback. Those are the best earn rate cards.

I usually put purchases of “stuff” on Citi Doublecash for automated price protection searching and also 2 year extended warranty. For service related unbonused spend I use BBP.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Agreed, but I carry it to also use at places that do not accept Contactless.
Lol. Yes i carry it myself as well.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:55 am
mia
Original Poster

Ms mia received a targeted offer by email for Blue Business Plus. She received the offer because she holds (and uses) a Starwood Business credit card. The Subject of the email is one you might not open:

FirstName. LastName this message is for you: You've been pre-selected to apply! Get 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months

You’re invited to enhance your Membership by applying for the new Blue Business Plus Credit Card, which features 2X Membership Rewards® points and no annual fee.

PLUS,
Earn 20,000 Points
after you spend $5,000 on qualifying purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.

GET A
0% INTRO APR FOR 15 MONTHS.
AFTER THAT, YOUR APR WILL BE
12.24%.

EARN
2X POINTS
ON BUSINESS AS USUAL
With no category restrictions. Then earn 1X points thereafter.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mia
Ms mia received a targeted offer by email for Blue Business Plus. She received the offer because she holds (and uses) a Starwood Business credit card. The Subject of the email is one you might not open:

FirstName. LastName this message is for you: You've been pre-selected to apply! Get 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months
Relatively high MSR for just 20,000 bonus MR points.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by mia

My partner received an identical offer. Given the current dearth of Amex MR bonus opportunities, she will probably apply for it. She doesn't have an SPG Business card, but does have a Green Business card, recently downgraded from Plat.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:11 pm
mia
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Brussels
...She doesn't have....
In the upper righthand corner of the email there is information about the SPG Business card. That's how I determined that the invitation was based on that account.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
In the upper righthand corner of the email there is information about the SPG Business card. That's how I determined that the invitation was based on that account.
But just as important as what card it was based on, I would think would be another question: Does or doesn't she (as well as anyone else who got this email) also already have the older Blue for Business card?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:03 pm
mia
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
... already have the older Blue for Business card?
She does not. She also hold Business Platinum, plus a couple personal cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.