Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Old May 25, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Please do not post referral offers or links in the thread or in this Wikipost. You may post offers (without links) in the dedicated REFERRAL THREAD.

TARGETED application link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html

This is a link to a targeted 20,000 point offer for Blue Business Plus. The landing page shows an expiration date of 12.31.2017, however if you click [Apply Now] and then Offer Terms you see that the offer is valid until 12.31.2018. You will be required to login to apply. If you are not targeted the system will display an error: This offer is no longer available..."

Original application link (expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44960

Second application link (Expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44961
Print Wikipost

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
I had a rep tell me that to meet the 20k MR bonus I have to spend $3k within 92 days of account opening and the purchases must POST by the cutoff date.

My understanding of Amex signup bonuses has always been that the dads are driven by transaction date?

Would anyone pls chime in on this?

Thanks
Why would you cut it so close? There are usually no more than 3 days between pending and posting.

AMEX also seems the only bank used the transaction date as the posting date in many many cases and it does not list out the transaction and the post date such as Chase does.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Why would you cut it so close? There are usually no more than 3 days between pending and posting.

AMEX also seems the only bank used the transaction date as the posting date in many many cases and it does not list out the transaction and the post date such as Chase does.

Thanks. I usually get the bonuses early on but i maybe tight come this one.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 6:12 am

Arg... I missed the promotion. Yet I really need this card as I need to cancel my Amex Platinum.
Any prediction when a new promotion will come for this card ?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by etilyeti
Arg... I missed the promotion. Yet I really need this card as I need to cancel my Amex Platinum.
This is a fantastic^ card for non bonus spend. I would not hold my breath for another bonus anytime soon. Amex pulled the first bonus promo very quickly after the card introduction.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by bigbuy
This is a fantastic^ card for non bonus spend. I would not hold my breath for another bonus anytime soon. Amex pulled the first bonus promo very quickly after the card introduction.
I agree. Have both cards, will keep both for different reasons. Ymmv.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by etilyeti
Why would an Amex Everyday (no-AF version) not be an almost as good card for you if you're mostly trying to preserve Amex MR points? It too allows transfer of MR points to partners, and it also has no annual fee.
So I don't see why you need "this" card specifically.

Either get this card with no bonus but 2x on everything, or get the Everyday card with whatever bonus you can find but 2x to 2.4x only on groceries (and 1x to 1.2x on everything else), and then get this card once they reinstate some sort of signup bonus for it (or once you give up waiting for such a bonus).

Since this a brand new card, no one has an idea if / when there might be another signup bonus available for it. It all depends on how Amex is feeling about its ability to market this card without a signup bonus.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Ok, I know Amex has buyers remorse about releasing this card but seriously NO Amex offers! I keep seeing all these new spend offers being given out like candy on the gold and plat and great double pts at certain stores, amex offers that give pts, etc. but this card has nada.

Come on Amex!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by HGHUA
Ok, I know Amex has buyers remorse about releasing this card but seriously NO Amex offers! I keep seeing all these new spend offers being given out like candy on the gold and plat and great double pts at certain stores, amex offers that give pts, etc. but this card has nada.

Come on Amex!
You missed onthego15's post on the previous page.
Hopefully you set up a separate login for your blue business plus card. Login to your account. Open a new tab and go here.https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...rds-2x-points/
You can add a bunch of retailers and get 3x points on this card. Then link this card to a twitter account and tweet for deals. Example tweet #amexboxed and $25 off $75 offer will be added to the card.

Last edited by Robl; Aug 9, 2017 at 4:40 pm
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:46 am

Did anyone run into issue of AMEX not honoring 20k sign up bonus? I applied through one of the blogs' affiliated link and I chatted and called about the sign up bonus after receiving the card and opened an investigation. Investigation was closed after 8 weeks and AMEX told me that they cannot do anything about the sign up bonus because it's 3rd party.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by calvin16662002
Did anyone run into issue of AMEX not honoring 20k sign up bonus? I applied through one of the blogs' affiliated link ...
I got my points 2 days after I made the qualifying purchase but I used link #1 from here which was modified to remove any blog affiliation.

08/10/2017 Earned Blue Bus Pls $3K Spd/20K MRPts 20,000
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:18 am
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Exceeded my credit limit, and received email:

Hello mia, Important Information About Your Blue Business(SM) Plus Credit Card

Congratulations on taking advantage of the expanded buying power of the Blue Business(SM) Plus Credit Card to make purchases above your credit limit*.

Just a few reminders to help you get the most out of this feature:

1. The amount you spend above your credit limit is due in full each month as part of your Minimum Payment Due.

2. There are no overlimit fees.

3. There is no interest on the overlimit amount so long as you pay the Minimum Payment Due on time.

4. You can still carry a balance with interest on the amount up to your credit limit.

5. You will continue to earn Membership Rewards® points, even on purchases over your credit limit.

Buying Power Image

*The amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to us, and other factors.

Click here to learn even more about spending above your credit limit with your Blue Business(SM) Plus Credit Card.

Thank you for your Card Membership.

American Express Customer Care
Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by hi-guy
I got my points 2 days after I made the qualifying purchase but I used link #1 from here which was modified to remove any blog affiliation.

08/10/2017 Earned Blue Bus Pls $3K Spd/20K MRPts 20,000
Just earned my 20K bonus as well. IIRC I applied the last day that the bonus was available from a link on this thread (using that link). Approval took a while, and I never got any documentation stating that I qualified for the bonus, so I was a little skeptical that I'd actually get it.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by mia
Exceeded my credit limit, and received email:
interesting. how much did you exceed by?

obviously dont intend to make this a regular practice, more like sometimes it can happen by accident
Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:57 am
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by gnomey
interesting. how much did you exceed by?
The limit is low ($9k) and current balance is just a bit over $9k. The ability to exceed the limit is a documented feature of this card. This is the same as offered by American Express charge cards, and all MasterCard World, World Elite; and all VISA Signature and Infinite cards.

Last edited by mia; Sep 1, 2017 at 4:56 am Reason: Correct mis-remembered credit limit.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
The limit is low ($8k) and current balance is a bit over $9k. The ability to exceed the limit is a documented feature of this card. This is the same as offered by American Express charge cards, and all MasterCard World, World Elite; and all VISA Signature and Infinite cards.
But of course, while there is no problem using this feature on this card or most other business cards (because most business cards apart from Capital One don't report to the 3 major credit bureaus), using this feature on a personal card might have negative implications for your credit scoring if you let the high utilization stay there after the statement posts and just pay it "on time" (rather than "right away").

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.