Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Please do not post referral offers or links in the thread or in this Wikipost. You may post offers (without links) in the dedicated REFERRAL THREAD.

TARGETED application link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html

This is a link to a targeted 20,000 point offer for Blue Business Plus. The landing page shows an expiration date of 12.31.2017, however if you click [Apply Now] and then Offer Terms you see that the offer is valid until 12.31.2018. You will be required to login to apply. If you are not targeted the system will display an error: This offer is no longer available..."

Original application link (expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44960

Second application link (Expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44961
Print Wikipost

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer IAH
I understand there is a link to it, that is how I applied; but that is not my point.

Despite there being a link, and applying through it, I was told by AMEX that I am not enrolled in such offer because it does not exist. So all I am saying is once accepted, call and double check that you are actually enrolled in the promotion.
I was just approved using the link and just confirmed via chat of the 20k point bonus. not sure why you had issues...
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by theplayer
I was just approved using the link and just confirmed via chat of the 20k point bonus. not sure why you had issues...
Same boat here. Applied with the bonus link, paperwork and online account had no mention of the bonus, so I chatted in to confirm it was on the account.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 6:28 am

I got a different (and generally worse) offer in the mail: 20k after spending $5k/3 mos. but with 15 months no interest.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by theplayer
Nevermind, the issue got resolved through online chat. For some reason the promotion did not post immediately to my account.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 3:02 pm

Product change unsuccessful in my case

Originally Posted by DaveH
Would anyone who tried to product trade the older Blue for Business card to this new version please share their data points? TIA
Late last week, I called Amex to request product change of current Blue for Business to new Plus (2X) version. CSR said that option was not available.

Last edited by Brussels; Jun 6, 2017 at 3:45 pm
Old Jun 6, 2017, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brussels
Late last week, I called Amex to request product change of current Blue for Business to new Plus (2X) version. CSR said that option was not available.
Not enough information. How long have you had the current Blue for Business? I'm not sure you can product change any card that you haven't had for a year or so yet. (I think it has something to do with that consumer credit protection law instituted a few years ago.)
Old Jun 6, 2017, 6:23 pm
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
...something to do with that consumer credit protection law instituted a few years ago.)
True, but that law doesn't apply to Business cards, although American Express could choose to adopt the policy more broadly.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:31 pm
JCN

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, National Exec
Well, this offer convinced me to apply for my first business card. Accepted with a $22.5K limit. Must be because of my other 'portfolio' of Amex cards.

Regardless, this is a great opportunity to get 2X points on any spend and a nice sign up bonus with no AF. Can't afford not to apply!
Old Jun 7, 2017, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by JCN
...this is a great opportunity to get 2X points on any spend and a nice sign up bonus with no AF...
And participates in the MR program, and does not require holding a card with an AF.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 1:38 am

Applied and approved online using Wiki link on 6/4, card shipped from Omaha, NE, via UPS 2nd Day Air on 6/5, received on 6/7. Was pleasantly surprised they used UPS since the email approval said 7 to 10 days.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:13 pm

I was just approved for the card and added it to my online AMEX account, which already has the personal Platinum and business Platinum cards. I can see the Blue Plus, but it doesn't show the MR info. In fact, that whole side of the screen is essentially blank. How do I add it to the MR account so that my MR account will be active when I cancel my Plat cards?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I was just approved for the card and added it to my online AMEX account, which already has the personal Platinum and business Platinum cards. I can see the Blue Plus, but it doesn't show the MR info. In fact, that whole side of the screen is essentially blank. How do I add it to the MR account so that my MR account will be active when I cancel my Plat cards?
How soon you do have cancel your Plat cards? The reason I ask is that you may want to wait a few days first to see if the Blue MR info display problem fixes itself. Earlier posts in this thread (such as post 41) mention the same problem you're reporting clearing up in a day or two.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
How soon you do have cancel your Plat cards? The reason I ask is that you may want to wait a few days first to see if the Blue MR info display problem fixes itself. Earlier posts in this thread (such as post 41) mention the same problem you're reporting clearing up in a day or two.
No great rush. Couple months. I'm just asking to see if, like you said, this is something that will fix itself, or if I will have to call in.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
My existing MR account info showed up on the Blue Business Plus screen yesterday, 3 days after approval and the same day my card arrived. I previously had 1 MR card plus two non-MR cards under the login; total cards now under the login is 4.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 12:03 pm

How many AMEX Offers are you guys getting so far? Again, I don't have my card yet but I added the card to my profile. I have 1 offer, for vitalchoice.com. WAs that the case for you, and did you get more offers a few days later?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.