Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Old May 25, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Please do not post referral offers or links in the thread or in this Wikipost. You may post offers (without links) in the dedicated REFERRAL THREAD.

TARGETED application link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html

This is a link to a targeted 20,000 point offer for Blue Business Plus. The landing page shows an expiration date of 12.31.2017, however if you click [Apply Now] and then Offer Terms you see that the offer is valid until 12.31.2018. You will be required to login to apply. If you are not targeted the system will display an error: This offer is no longer available..."

Original application link (expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44960

Second application link (Expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44961
Print Wikipost

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:32 am

Approved for a limit of 8K. This will probably end up replacing my Starwood Business card by the end of this year assuming Marriott guts the rewards program.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by steve4
This is probably what I'll do as well, but I have to apply and get approved for Blue Business Plus first
And Amex EDP is 4.5x on groceries (up to $6,000 a year) and 3x on gas.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jediwho
And Amex EDP is 4.5x on groceries (up to $6,000 a year) and 3x on gas.
And until the end of this month Chase Freedom is 5x on groceries.

So if you also have Chase Freedom (which typically does 5x on groceries one quarter each year), that only leaves the other 9 months for EDP. Which means you have to evaluate whether it's worth the annual for the extra points on groceries for 9 months.

Or you do multiple card signups each year and have to devote all spend to signup bonus minimum spend for a few months, that may leave even fewer months in the year when it makes sense to use EDP for groceries. (Signup bonus minimum spend is typically 20x, 30x, 40x, stuff like that, and thus trumps any "normal" multiplier bonus.)

Finally, it's only 4.5x if you do "30" every billing cycle, right? That can be a little tricky if you're trying to use the card only for groceries and don't have a "natural" reason to go to the grocery store every single day on average. So IMHO it's quite different than a "simple" 5x which requires nothing beyond registering for a promo and remembering which card to use which quarter for what. (But then there are other people on FT who find rotating promos too confusing. So everyone's different.)
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by mhdena
I also have this Feb 2017 version, it is also 2x to $50k and 30% on the annual total.

Ours is better for this first year.
Yes, it's better, but I don't know if bonus will be available next February. I may try to apply earlier to get the bonus.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by onthego15
I also have the old 2% Priceline Visa. I was getting excited about putting some upcoming large charges on my new Blue Business, then I realized that all three companies take VISA/MC only. So, my Priceline Visa definitely stays in my wallet.
Yes, Priceline now becomes a backup, when Amex is not accepted. But actually this year Altitude Reserve also becomes a backup, as it's 4.5% for in-person transactions, until I cancel it next year.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
And until the end of this month Chase Freedom is 5x on groceries.

So if you also have Chase Freedom (which typically does 5x on groceries one quarter each year), that only leaves the other 9 months for EDP. Which means you have to evaluate whether it's worth the annual for the extra points on groceries for 9 months.

Or you do multiple card signups each year and have to devote all spend to signup bonus minimum spend for a few months, that may leave even fewer months in the year when it makes sense to use EDP for groceries. (Signup bonus minimum spend is typically 20x, 30x, 40x, stuff like that, and thus trumps any "normal" multiplier bonus.)

Finally, it's only 4.5x if you do "30" every billing cycle, right? That can be a little tricky if you're trying to use the card only for groceries and don't have a "natural" reason to go to the grocery store every single day on average. So IMHO it's quite different than a "simple" 5x which requires nothing beyond registering for a promo and remembering which card to use which quarter for what. (But then there are other people on FT who find rotating promos too confusing. So everyone's different.)
I also have EDP, and $6k was not enough for groceries for a year, so I've got a second one for my wife. I don't have any issue of reaching 30 transactions per month when using it for groceries and gas. I usually MS our Freedoms. I could have MSed EDP, but then what to use for groceries?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by jags86
There is a 20,000 MR bonus after $3,000 spend available reported at OMAAT. I used his link and was approved with a $9,000 limit and $1,000 yearly stated business revenue.
You should probably double check you are enrolled in the promotion. I also signed up through the link with a 20,000 MR bonus after $3,000 spend. I called AMEX to check on something else, and was told such promotion does not exist and I was not enrolled in it...
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Would anyone who tried to product trade the older Blue for Business card to this new version please share their data points? TIA
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by Flyer IAH
You should probably double check you are enrolled in the promotion. I also signed up through the link with a 20,000 MR bonus after $3,000 spend. I called AMEX to check on something else, and was told such promotion does not exist and I was not enrolled in it...
Wow - a blogger who endlessly flogs credit card referral links who was not completely honest about it. I'm shocked, SHOCKED! Who could have imagined such a lack of integrity...
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:30 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Flyer IAH
...told such promotion does not exist and I was not enrolled in it...
The offer does exist. Click the link in the Wikipost.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by yugi
Yes, it's better, but I don't know if bonus will be available next February. I may try to apply earlier to get the bonus.
Suit yourself, I'm $400 dollars away from completing my $2k (20k) restaurant spend.

So that's my 30k right there. Don't be distracted by this (inferior) offer (for the first year).

Then will work on the remaining $50k spend for the year. Plus 30%.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:03 pm

received email with 20k points offer, but when click link and enter business info, next page shows random characters for my last name..box is greyed out and can't be edited. Anyone else?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:20 pm

Wife got 20k for 3k in 3mos offer in the mail. I applied last week and approved via a 20k link online. It definitely exists.

Incidentally, I saw the same language mia mentioned above about the no spending limitation on this card *AND* on the Hilton Surpass card I also just got approved for... both CLs in the 20k range for me.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by mia
The offer does exist. Click the link in the Wikipost.
I understand there is a link to it, that is how I applied; but that is not my point.

Despite there being a link, and applying through it, I was told by AMEX that I am not enrolled in such offer because it does not exist. So all I am saying is once accepted, call and double check that you are actually enrolled in the promotion.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DaveH
Would anyone who tried to product trade the older Blue for Business card to this new version please share their data points? TIA
Typically how long does Amex require you to hold a card before you can product change it? Isn't it about a year? I would think most people who have the Blue for Business got it during one of several recent promos and may not have it a year yet. Certainly I don't see why anyone who's had Blue for Business less than half a year and is busy working on the (stacking) 10x restaurant promo for 6 months would even be interested in product trading their card yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.