Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Old May 25, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Please do not post referral offers or links in the thread or in this Wikipost. You may post offers (without links) in the dedicated REFERRAL THREAD.

TARGETED application link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html

This is a link to a targeted 20,000 point offer for Blue Business Plus. The landing page shows an expiration date of 12.31.2017, however if you click [Apply Now] and then Offer Terms you see that the offer is valid until 12.31.2018. You will be required to login to apply. If you are not targeted the system will display an error: This offer is no longer available..."

Original application link (expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44960

Second application link (Expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44961
Print Wikipost

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Old May 31, 2017, 1:20 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
login: americanexpress.com
click: Account Services
click: Card Management
click: Remove Card from Online Management
osotoc likes this.

Last edited by mia; May 31, 2017 at 1:31 pm
Old May 31, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dw
As a follow-up, as it seems many people have reported the inability to link the card to existing online logins upon approval, I received the physical card today and didn't have any issue now linking it to my existing login, after first removing the card from the new login I created last week.
Had the same problem. Called in and they said it was because the balance transfer option hadn't been selected either way. I said no and they fixed it, then i was able to.
Old May 31, 2017, 2:52 pm

Thanks mia!
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Thanks, mia and all contributors to this thread. I just got accepted for the card. Nice deal! I'll be using this often. My go-to cards after this:

Amex personal Plat: 5x direct airline charges
Chase Sapp. Reserve: 3x travel & dinning (except for direct airline charges)
Chase Ink: 5x for cable and wireless
Amex Blue Bus. +: 2x for everything else, where they accept Amex
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey
My go-to cards after this:

Amex personal Plat: 5x direct airline charges
Chase Sapp. Reserve: 3x travel & dinning (except for direct airline charges)
Chase Ink: 5x for cable and wireless
Amex Blue Bus. +: 2x for everything else, where they accept Amex
I have a similar lineup with the addition of Citi Prestige for lodging of 4 nights or more, and for large'ish purchases where I want price protection.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
I received my card, activated it and made a purchase with it. Unfortunately I am seeing only 5 offers on my account. I hope more will load soon.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by onthego15
I received my card, activated it and made a purchase with it. Unfortunately I am seeing only 5 offers on my account. I hope more will load soon.
I had 3 showing up under "offers", one of which expired 5/31

Make sure you check the 2x area in the top right of the main account screen, though. That's where I found the extra 1x point at Whole Foods through 12/31/17 hiding out (and only there, not in my main offers area). Better than nothing!
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:50 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures
Original Poster

If you also have a Centurion or Platinum card you will receive a postal letter from American Express mentioning that the Blue Business Plus card has been linked to the "more rewarding" Membership Rewards First program. There used to be some worthwhile differences between standard Membership Rewards and First, but most were removed, and I'm not aware of anything now that warrants attention.

Last edited by mia; Jun 2, 2017 at 12:12 pm
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:10 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by mia
If you also have a Centurion or Platinum card you will receive a postal letter from American Express
I (also a Plat Card holder) actually received a different letter (of a form I haven't seen before when applying for new MR earning cards):

"We are writing to confirm your recent request for changes to your American Express card account. As a result of your request to make a change to your account, there are additional fees that will be charged for your enrollment in the program

The following charges will appear on your next billing statement:

Membership Rewards program Annual Enrollment fee $0.00
Total net fee change: 0.00"
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:12 pm
mia
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dw
...As a result of your request to make a change to your account...
Would appear to be the letter intended for a product change, rather than a new application.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:51 pm
mia
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
... 85 Offers displayed, including one that I intend to use.
OR not. Today only three Offers are displayed, and none are Saved. The Offer that I previously saved is linked to my older Blue for Business card which suggests that I clicked the wrong profile, or the site displayed the wrong one.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by akadaisy
I had 3 showing up under "offers", one of which expired 5/31

Make sure you check the 2x area in the top right of the main account screen, though. That's where I found the extra 1x point at Whole Foods through 12/31/17 hiding out (and only there, not in my main offers area). Better than nothing!
Nothing showing up there for me. Of course, I already have the AMEX BCP which gives me 6% at grocery stores, so the 2x AMEX offer is worthless for me.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Instant approved online yet received an email about application under review?

This morning I submitted husband's app using existing customer short cut. Instant approved followed by screens of adding employee card and balance transfer request. Added me as employee and skipped the balance transfer. Because of the issues reported about unable to link newly approved accounts to existing log in, I opted to skip the screen on either register the card / link to existing log in. There is no credit line information on the card.

Now we came home and found an email from AMEX about his application is under review.

So is he approved or is he not?

Looking at the screen shots, I dont see any new account number ever generated despite the Heading of "Good News. You are approved for xxxx.
Blow the Heading, is the Add Up To Five Employee Cards.

After adding the employee card, the next screen shows:

Thank You. We have received your information.
Please check your inbox for confirmation and pnline account set up.
You will received your new card(s) at the home address you provided in 2 business days.

Next to the card image, Approved in green is above his name, Employee card is above my name.

Everything online indicated he is approved.

Has anyone received the email after instant approval online saying something otherwise like below?

<<We are excited that you've decided to apply for the Blue BusinessSM Plus Credit Card, and we're reviewing your application now. We promise to let you know when we're finished, or if we need more information.>>

Check application status via Americanexpress.com/applicationstatus
It shows approved.
So why it is under review? reallocating CLs?

Last edited by Happy; Jun 2, 2017 at 3:25 pm
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by dw
I (also a Plat Card holder) actually received a different letter (of a form I haven't seen before when applying for new MR earning cards):

"We are writing to confirm your recent request for changes to your American Express card account. As a result of your request to make a change to your account, there are additional fees that will be charged for your enrollment in the program

The following charges will appear on your next billing statement:

Membership Rewards program Annual Enrollment fee $0.00
Total net fee change: 0.00"
I suggest you write a very angry letter in response.

Outrageous! Do you know whom you're dealing with? I have been an Amex cardholder since [insert year here]! I'm willing to let this insult go if you will agree to a Membership Rewards program Annual Enrollment fee of $0.00. That's my final offer -- take it or leave it.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:18 pm
mia
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Happy
Has anyone received the email after instant approval online saying something otherwise like below?
Yes, I ignored the email and received the card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.