Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, $50k/yr cap. 20K TARGETED, 10K by referral.

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, $50k/yr cap. 20K TARGETED, 10K by referral.

    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 26, 18, 10:29 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
Please do not post referral offers or links in the thread or in this Wikipost. You may post offers (without links) in the dedicated REFERRAL THREAD.

TARGETED application link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html

This is a link to a targeted 20,000 point offer for Blue Business Plus. The landing page shows an expiration date of 12.31.2017, however if you click [Apply Now] and then Offer Terms you see that the offer is valid until 12.31.2018. You will be required to login to apply. If you are not targeted the system will display an error: This offer is no longer available..."



Original application link (expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44960

Second application link (Expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44961
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Nov 11, 17, 12:51 pm
  #286  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Berkeley, CA USA
Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Posts: 40,838
Originally Posted by mia View Post
Thank you for the clarification. The offer is targeted. If I login using my own UserID I see "no longer available", but if I login using Ms mia's UserId the application is displayed.
I just tried the same thing, logging in under my wife's account. Got the "no longer available" message. Oh well. She's never had this particular card.
dhuey is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 17, 2:20 pm
  #287  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 65
Originally Posted by mhdena View Post
Good luck, there was a person who applied for the other version over the phone and did not get the bonus.
That would be an unfortunate turn of events. Is that likely given they made the offer to me? I didn't provide an RSVP code, just mentioned I had a friend who had received the offer and wondered if there were any similar that could be extended to me...

I have a fraud alert on my credit so I have to call in on Monday anyway, will confirm the offer again at that time.
pokeygirl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 17, 11:21 am
  #288  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 191
Originally Posted by onthego15 View Post
The offer seems to be publicly available again. Expires 12/31/2017:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html
Sweet! Thank you
silver02accord is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 17, 3:58 pm
  #289  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 65
Originally Posted by pokeygirl View Post
I have a fraud alert on my credit so I have to call in on Monday anyway, will confirm the offer again at that time.
Called today and was approved after working thru the fraud alert. Agent confirmed the 20K/3K spend promotion.
pokeygirl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 17, 2:47 pm
  #290  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 23,441
Originally Posted by pokeygirl View Post
Called today and was approved after working thru the fraud alert. Agent confirmed the 20K/3K spend promotion.
What 20k/3k promotion? I though it was a 20k/5k promotion? Look at the title of the thread.

So did you get a targeted promo with a smaller minimum purchase requirement, or did you make a typo?
sdsearch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 17, 7:41 pm
  #291  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 26,617
Originally Posted by pokeygirl View Post
i called the general application line 800-519-6736 at 2pm PDT, asked about the card was told there was no special offer available. I have called that number in the past and was told the same thing-- only the 0% balance transfer for 15 months is available via the phone.

There are two reports on DoC of phone in approvals on the 9th that occurred later in the day, so I called again after 4pm, this time i called the number on the application page 866-690-6736. The agent asked me my name/address and was able to locate a 20K/3K spend offer that I am eligible for. Yes, 3K, not the 5K on the current online app.

Did the app over the phone, but their system was down, so didn't get an instant response. Hopefully the app actually went through. I don't have any business cards with them at the moment, but do have a number of consumer cards.
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
What 20k/3k promotion? I though it was a 20k/5k promotion? Look at the title of the thread.

So did you get a targeted promo with a smaller minimum purchase requirement, or did you make a typo?
I suggest you read others posts more carefully and thoroughly before you jumped in to question others when the information was already posted LONG BEFORE you asked.

Hint: Look at the time line of pokegirl's post and her specific language.... Tthe agent has found a better offer she is eligible. And the info was posted on Nov 10, several posts BEFORE you posted your question posted on Nov 15 - 5 days after she told the community about the 20K/$3K offer still exists.
Happy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 17, 10:21 am
  #292  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 65
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
I suggest you read others posts more carefully and thoroughly before you jumped in to question others when the information was already posted LONG BEFORE you asked.

Hint: Look at the time line of pokegirl's post and her specific language.... Tthe agent has found a better offer she is eligible. And the info was posted on Nov 10, several posts BEFORE you posted your question posted on Nov 15 - 5 days after she told the community about the 20K/$3K offer still exists.
Yes, that is right. There is a Nov 8 post on DoC discussing the new promo 20K/5K, in the comments there are two DP that folks had received the 20K/3K offer via the phone on Nov9. I think there is an older post on the same site which mentions others sporadically getting the better offer. It's perhaps false to tie the comment time to the application time, but I did notice that the 20K/3K offer seems to happen later in the day, so I called the number on the application at ~4:30 PDT and the agent found the offer. He was located in San Antonio.

I wasn't targeted for the online 20K/5K offer. I had called the general application number several times before, soon after someone reported success with a phone app but no agent ever found anything other than the 0% BT offer for me. Maybe it wasn't the specific time, maybe it was that I finally called the number on the application instead of the general line. I always started by saying that a friend had recently been extended that specific 20K/3K offer on the phone and was calling to see if I was eligible for something similar. The agent found it after I had given him my name and address. I also had been going to the amex site to look for pre-qual'ed offers so perhaps they also finally had record of my interest in that card. Maybe he was just a nice guy who was willing to look and knew how to find things in the system. I don't really know.
pokeygirl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 17, 11:57 am
  #293  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SFO
Programs: SPG plat; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Plat; AS Gold; AA Plat
Posts: 205
Originally Posted by pokeygirl View Post
Yes, that is right. There is a Nov 8 post on DoC discussing the new promo 20K/5K, in the comments there are two DP that folks had received the 20K/3K offer via the phone on Nov9. I think there is an older post on the same site which mentions others sporadically getting the better offer. It's perhaps false to tie the comment time to the application time, but I did notice that the 20K/3K offer seems to happen later in the day, so I called the number on the application at ~4:30 PDT and the agent found the offer. He was located in San Antonio.

I wasn't targeted for the online 20K/5K offer. I had called the general application number several times before, soon after someone reported success with a phone app but no agent ever found anything other than the 0% BT offer for me. Maybe it wasn't the specific time, maybe it was that I finally called the number on the application instead of the general line. I always started by saying that a friend had recently been extended that specific 20K/3K offer on the phone and was calling to see if I was eligible for something similar. The agent found it after I had given him my name and address. I also had been going to the amex site to look for pre-qual'ed offers so perhaps they also finally had record of my interest in that card. Maybe he was just a nice guy who was willing to look and knew how to find things in the system. I don't really know.
After verifying that I wasn't targeted by clicking through to AmEx from DoC, I called to receive an Identical 20/3k offer and application made over the phone with CSR based in San Antonio. Went pending for 24 hours and approved on November 11th. Curious if anyone else received the same offer after Nov 9th or 10th? Or did a few of us just get lucky with this super helpful CSR out of SA?
arfaczar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 17, 7:16 pm
  #294  
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 36,686
Originally Posted by arfaczar View Post
...just get lucky with this super helpful CSR out of SA?
You won't know if you were lucky until the points are in your account.
get likes this.
mia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 17, 3:18 pm
  #295  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 79
I signed up and was approved online for this card today. I did not know about the link for the 20k bonus points as I thought this card had no signup bonus. Any chance I can still get this bonus?
choff5507 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 17, 4:33 pm
  #296  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 15
Just call in and ask. Most likely they will give you the deal.
lronglien is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 17, 8:23 pm
  #297  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SAF & RNO
Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,262
Originally Posted by choff5507 View Post
I signed up and was approved online for this card today. I did not know about the link for the 20k bonus points as I thought this card had no signup bonus. Any chance I can still get this bonus?
I did; got it.
236Dakota is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 17, 2:44 pm
  #298  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SFO
Programs: SPG plat; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Plat; AS Gold; AA Plat
Posts: 205
Originally Posted by mia View Post
You won't know if you were lucky until the points are in your account.
True! While I did confirm the Welcome Offer via chat and documented the same with a screenshot, you can never be sure till the points post to one's account. And even once it posts, you never know if AmEx claws it bkack or freezes the account!

EDIT: 20K MR posted the day after I met the $3k spend.

Last edited by arfaczar; Dec 6, 17 at 8:29 am
arfaczar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 17, 8:00 pm
  #299  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 79
Originally Posted by 236Dakota View Post
I did; got it.
Appreciate the info. I tried calling today but since I had already been approved the rep said I would have to call customer service once the card was received. I will try and do this once I have it in hand. How do they normally ship these cards? Do they come quick?
choff5507 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 17, 2:57 am
  #300  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold, HHonors Diamond, Orbitz Platinum
Posts: 618
Originally Posted by choff5507 View Post
How do they normally ship these cards? Do they come quick?
Mine was sent via regular U.S. Mail in a nondescript white envelope. The first one was deemed lost in the mail after 2 weeks passed without it showing up; the second one arrived after 2-3 days.
moe8555 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: