Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, $50k/yr cap. 20K TARGETED, 10K by referral.

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, $50k/yr cap. 20K TARGETED, 10K by referral.

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 26, 18, 10:29 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
Please do not post referral offers or links in the thread or in this Wikipost. You may post offers (without links) in the dedicated REFERRAL THREAD.

TARGETED application link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html

This is a link to a targeted 20,000 point offer for Blue Business Plus. The landing page shows an expiration date of 12.31.2017, however if you click [Apply Now] and then Offer Terms you see that the offer is valid until 12.31.2018. You will be required to login to apply. If you are not targeted the system will display an error: This offer is no longer available..."

Original application link (expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44960

Second application link (Expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44961
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 31, 17, 6:08 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
I already have a Business Platinum. If I open one of these cards, will it be set up so that the MR points all go in the same account? I'd like to be able to earn MR points on this card, and occasionally use them to book airline tickets and get the 35% points kickback that is a benefit on my Business Platinum.
Old Aug 31, 17, 6:15 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by GatorBlues View Post
... If I open one of these cards, will it be set up so that the MR points all go in the same account?
Yes, this should happen automatically, but if not customer service can fix it.
Old Sep 15, 17, 1:25 pm

does anyone who received the offer via mail have the code to share, if it's not personalized? i called to see if i could apply online to get the 20K bonus and the CSR said they would need the code to unlock the offer.
Old Sep 16, 17, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by pokeygirl View Post
does anyone who received the offer via mail have the code to share, if it's not personalized? i called to see if i could apply online to get the 20K bonus and the CSR said they would need the code to unlock the offer.
I'm very interested in getting this card, and am spending at least $10k per month on my AmEx Biz Plat and still don't appear to be targeted for the offer.

Like you, I'm holding out for the 20k MR bonus though.
Old Sep 16, 17, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Mancolt View Post
I'm very interested in getting this card, and am spending at least $10k per month on my AmEx Biz Plat and still don't appear to be targeted for the offer.

Like you, I'm holding out for the 20k MR bonus though.
You can recoup that bonus in 2 months spending 10k per month. If you wait more than 2 months for a bonus to pop back up, you are in the hole.
mhdena likes this.
Old Sep 17, 17, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by bigbuy View Post
You can recoup that bonus in 2 months spending 10k per month. If you wait more than 2 months for a bonus to pop back up, you are in the hole.
True, but since it's capped at 50k, I can meet that in 5 months. So my logic was that it's still worth waiting for the bonus offer to come out. If however the 50k resets annually on the calendar year, and not on card anniversary, then it's probably worth getting it for this year asap and earning 30k points and resetting in January and earning another 50k next year. I'll have to look into the fine print on when it resets.
Old Sep 18, 17, 1:47 am

True, but since it's capped at 50k, I can meet that in 5 months. So my logic was that it's still worth waiting for the bonus offer to come out. If however the 50k resets annually on the calendar year, and not on card anniversary, then it's probably worth getting it for this year asap and earning 30k points and resetting in January and earning another 50k next year. I'll have to look into the fine print on when it resets.
Good points. FYI, the card resets for the 2x based on calendar year.
My thought is that since Amex pulled the bonus so very quickly, the card probably will not see another sign up bonus anytime soon.
I have a friend who charges an average of one million dollars a year for his business on his Amex Gold card. When I told him about this card, he balked on the 50k cap for 2X. When I shot back that it was an extra 250k points over 5 years and half a million extra points over 10 years, then he got interested.

Last edited by bigbuy; Sep 18, 17 at 1:57 am
Old Sep 18, 17, 7:51 am

Good points. FYI, the card resets for the 2x based on calendar year.
My thought is that since Amex pulled the bonus so very quickly, the card probably will not see another sign up bonus anytime soon.
I have a friend who charges an average of one million dollars a year for his business on his Amex Gold card. When I told him about this card, he balked on the 50k cap for 2X. When I shot back that it was an extra 250k points over 5 years and half a million extra points over 10 years, then he got interested.
Thank you for checking on that. I think I'm going to pull the trigger today.

Since I can only earn a bonus once in a lifetime per card, if they were to reinstitute the signup bonus, I could open it for my 2nd business and still earn the bonus, correct? Since I'd be signing up for this one and not earning a bonus...
Old Sep 18, 17, 8:36 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Since I can only earn a bonus once in a lifetime per card...
That's not the policy. The typical exclusion statement is:

Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
...there is nothing about previously earning a bonus.
Old Sep 18, 17, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by mia View Post
That's not the policy. The typical exclusion statement is:

...there is nothing about previously earning a bonus.
Thank you for clarifying. I must have been getting it confused with one of the other issuers. Oh well, looks like I may just be better off getting the Blue Business Plus now and foregoing any potential bonus in the future. I should be able to put about $30k in spend on it in the next 3 months and still come out ahead of waiting for another 20k or smaller bonus.
Old Sep 19, 17, 12:35 pm

FYI, the card resets for the 2x based on calendar year.
I learned something new today! Thanks for pointing this out, was hoping this to be the case so I wouldn't have to waste brain cells tracking!
Old Sep 19, 17, 1:10 pm

since 50K spend resets every Jan 1, does that mean your purchases made on Dec 31 and prior will be counted towards the previous year quota, even though the transactions technically will belong to the Jan 15 statement, for example?
Old Sep 19, 17, 1:15 pm

I would guess yes, since the Amex $20k threshold for SPG gold works that way. It's only a guess.
Old Sep 19, 17, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by levilevi View Post
I learned something new today! Thanks for pointing this out, was hoping this to be the case so I wouldn't have to waste brain cells tracking!
You're welcome. It does make things much simpler when this happens. In addition to business charges, I put all my tax payments on this card. Anytime you can "buy" miles for less than 1 cent each, I consider it a bargain.
Old Oct 4, 17, 7:45 pm

Just a quick warning to anyone who might have used this card internationally (not a good idea with the 2.7% FTF). This card only provides secondary rental insurance in The United States and its territories. It provides no rental insurance in foreign countries. I have not noticed this with any other AMEX cards...

As a Card Member, you can be covered if your eligible rental car is damaged or stolen when you use your eligible Card to reserve and pay for the entire eligible vehicle rental and decline the collision damage waiver at the rental car counter. Please read important exclusions and restrictions. Not all vehicle types or rentals are covered. Coverage is available only within the United States, its territories, and possessions. This product provides secondary coverage and does not include liability coverage.

Search this Thread