Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, $50k/yr cap. 20K TARGETED, 10K by referral.

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, $50k/yr cap. 20K TARGETED, 10K by referral.

    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 26, 18, 10:29 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
Please do not post referral offers or links in the thread or in this Wikipost. You may post offers (without links) in the dedicated REFERRAL THREAD.

TARGETED application link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html

This is a link to a targeted 20,000 point offer for Blue Business Plus. The landing page shows an expiration date of 12.31.2017, however if you click [Apply Now] and then Offer Terms you see that the offer is valid until 12.31.2018. You will be required to login to apply. If you are not targeted the system will display an error: This offer is no longer available..."



Original application link (expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44960

Second application link (Expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44961
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Jul 5, 17, 1:15 pm
  #196  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IAD/DCA
Posts: 31,479
Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa View Post
Besides the obvious 2x MR on 50k spend, the greatest part about this card is the no AF and being able to transfer the MR to partners. Very underrated perk of this card.
same as every day card
Kagehitokiri is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 17, 1:35 pm
  #197  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The World!!!
Programs: Some of them not all ...
Posts: 1,151
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri View Post
same as every day card
No, the best perk of this card is that 1) it does not affect 5/24 and 2) it does not Hard Pull you.

Ohhh and 3) 12 months 0% APR without having your FICO affected (utilization), as, again, does not show up on your Credit Reports,
And yes, I pay my balances in full every month, as I MS, but still good as you can leave money in the savings account while sending those Wally MO's that take 7 to 10 days to arrive via USPS

Of course, while giving you 2X MR for every $1 and 20K MR signing bonus with no annual fee
carlitos is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 17, 6:09 pm
  #198  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 23,526
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
No, the best perk of this card is that 1) it does not affect 5/24 and 2) it does not Hard Pull you.

Ohhh and 3) 12 months 0% APR without having your FICO affected (utilization), as, again, does not show up on your Credit Reports,
And yes, I pay my balances in full every month, as I MS, but still good as you can leave money in the savings account while sending those Wally MO's that take 7 to 10 days to arrive via USPS

Of course, while giving you 2X MR for every $1 and 20K MR signing bonus with no annual fee
Not any more it doesn't! Haven't you noticed the change in the thread title? No one can find a link any more that has any signup bonus.

So while you may have gotten that bonus, no one applying today or tomorrow can get one.
sdsearch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 17, 1:56 pm
  #199  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dreamland
Posts: 612
Interesting - so my wife, a Biz Gold cardholder got an offer in the mail with the 20k that is good through 8/31/17. I just checked the offer online - using her invite code - and it still has that - we've got some other spend we're working on, so I want to hold off applying for her, just wanted to throw that out there- the mailed offers still have some time.
levilevi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 17, 2:31 pm
  #200  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The World!!!
Programs: Some of them not all ...
Posts: 1,151
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Not any more it doesn't! Haven't you noticed the change in the thread title? No one can find a link any more that has any signup bonus.

So while you may have gotten that bonus, no one applying today or tomorrow can get one.
remember my friend, in this game/hobby you most act fast, specially if it is not under a 5/24 rule
carlitos is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 17, 7:24 pm
  #201  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 23,526
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
remember my friend, in this game/hobby you most act fast, specially if it is not under a 5/24 rule
Unless you already have 5 Amex credit cards and are not ready to give up any of them yet!
sdsearch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 17, 9:40 pm
  #202  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Posts: 1,722
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
You can ask, but don't be surprised if they make you wait a year to give an increase. Many banks these days (due to their interpretation of the credit protection act passed a few years ago) do not allow changes to credit limit within the first year.
I think you're confused. I've received a CLI inside of the first year (and usually six months) on pretty much every credit card I've ever owned.

The CARD act doesn't apply to business credit cards, nor does it say anything about restricting credit line increases, only APR's and limits on late fees, plus other smaller things such as when payment due dates can be applied.
mikesyr18 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 17, 9:45 am
  #203  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 283
My wife and I were both approved (without hard pull) for $9k and within 2 weeks we have each CLI'd to $20k.
jags86 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 17, 12:01 pm
  #204  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 23,526
Originally Posted by mikesyr18 View Post
The CARD act doesn't apply to business credit cards, nor does it say anything about restricting credit line increases, only APR's and limits on late fees, plus other smaller things such as when payment due dates can be applied.
It doesn't matter what the CARD act actually says. Many banks are over-interpreting it, and for example not allowing product changes until after you've had the card one year, etc. And that over-interpretation is done by the people setting the policies, not by the agents you're speaking to, so you can't convince them that they're over-interpreting the CARD act and that they should do what you asked.

But yes, you're right on the point that it shouldn't apply to business cards.
sdsearch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 17, 12:41 pm
  #205  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Posts: 1,722
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
It doesn't matter what the CARD act actually says. Many banks are over-interpreting it, and for example not allowing product changes until after you've had the card one year, etc. And that over-interpretation is done by the people setting the policies, not by the agents you're speaking to, so you can't convince them that they're over-interpreting the CARD act and that they should do what you asked.

But yes, you're right on the point that it shouldn't apply to business cards.
It doesn't apply to business cards, not shouldn't.
mikesyr18 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 17, 4:25 pm
  #206  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 395
Has anyone received their MR points, let alone the 20k bonus, after first statement closed?

I paid before statement date but MR balance is 0 in my account.
op487062 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 17, 5:42 pm
  #207  
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 36,926
Originally Posted by op487062 View Post

I paid before statement date but MR balance is 0 in my account.
This is normal. The base points will post after the next statement is issued, as explained here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ints-post.html

The bonus points may post anytime between the date your qualifying transaction posted and the maximum time specified in the offer terms.
mia is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 17, 6:26 pm
  #208  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 26,784
Both the last statement's spend and the 20K bonus are in Pending. Details show as June statement. However that is misleading as the final spend to meet the requirement happened in July billing cycle despite was made on June 27.
Current statement spend (between June 13 and July 13 that met the spend requirement) not showing any where but then statement is not closed until Jul 13.
Happy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 17, 7:32 am
  #209  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: mountains of western NC
Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Posts: 6,979
My bonus points posted the day after I made the purchase that took me over $3000 in spend.
onthego15 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 17, 11:44 am
  #210  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 23,526
Originally Posted by mikesyr18 View Post
It doesn't apply to business cards, not shouldn't.
Again, as I said before, what the CARD act says is somewhat irrelevant. Yes, it says it doesn't apply. What i meant is that in practice this means that the restrictions on card account changes shouldn't apply to any business cards. But whether it applies to business cards is dependent on the bank interpreting the CARD act accurately (not on what the CARD act actually says), and it's clear than many banks have over-interpreted other aspects of the CARD act, and without having datapoints for every bank that issues business cards, I do not have faith that every single such bank realized that it doesn't apply to business cards.
sdsearch is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread