Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion and Platinum access to Escape Lounges (aka Centurion Studio)

Centurion and Platinum access to Escape Lounges (aka Centurion Studio)

Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey
Thanks for the report. Now I'm even more hopeful that daughter #2 gets accepted at Smith.
Northampton is a very nice town with all the other colleges around its great for young people. However my youngest chose a state school and saved us a lot of money.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Robl
Northampton is a very nice town with all the other colleges around its great for young people. However my youngest chose a state school and saved us a lot of money.
It looks like the proximity and lack of traffic from/to BDL makes it worth adding a connection from SFO, rather than the nonstop to BOS. If they had put Logan to the west of Boston it might have been different.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by Gig103
In MSP, for those who have the option of both the Sky Club and Escape Lounge, which would you choose?
This might be too late to matter, but it really depends on your layover. With a long enough layover, I'd probably have my snack and first drink at the Escape lounge. I'd then head to whatever Sky Club was closest to my gate until boarding. The MSP Escape lounge lacks bathrooms, and tends to be less busy.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It had been very crowded until they stopped accepting PP. Now it's wonderfully quiet and peaceful.
How's the food now? The last few times I went the selection was very small and they didn't seem to be in any hurry to replenish anything.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:05 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by omarr
How's the food now? The last few times I went the selection was very small and they didn't seem to be in any hurry to replenish anything.
At MSP? I was there in late October and it was very not good.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:25 pm

Pretty impressive food at the OAK location last week at lunchtime.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:19 pm

Specifically what?

I've been a few times and always been satisfied with the food and staff. Did they change the sliders? Mac n cheese? Tomato soup? Salad? Cookies?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Specifically what?

I've been a few times and always been satisfied with the food and staff. Did they change the sliders? Mac n cheese? Tomato soup? Salad? Cookies?
Don't remember any sliders. Some sort of small sandwiches. Yes on the others. Plenty of choices for a decent meal.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
I visited RNO today, very good with lots of great food options��
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:20 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Yeah I think this lounge is getting better. Service also super friendly.

Flying DL ex-OAK is the bay's best travel secret.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yeah I think this lounge is getting better. Service also super friendly.

Flying DL ex-OAK is the bay's best travel secret.
OAK always been hit or miss (some of the best food I had there was when it was in its first few months) and still is hit or miss really imo...the key is to avoid the international fight times when the facility proves to be too small. Otherwise, it's a real gem. 80% of the time I'd stack this lounge up with the Centurion across the bay...the latter always being a bit too crowded for me. The 20% of the time when this one is packed though, it becomes difficult to tolerate.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:52 am

Had a nice breakfast at a nearly empty BDL lounge this am. Frittatas French toast and bagels. Relaxed before our flight to CUN.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:39 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Experiences with an extra guest (member + 3) at OAK on a Saturday at 5AM

All,
I know that this is a YMMV kind of question. I'm just trying to get a sense of any experiences with having the OAK Escape allow an extra guest on a Saturday right at open. We have a flight AS: OAK-KOA memorial day weekend. Two of us (Cardmember and wife) are flying in F (but I know that AS premium is nit listed as an entrance criterion) and 2 (brother and sis-in-law) in Y.

Does anyone have experiences with this lounge as far as rule-bending in a case like this? The flight is at 6:40AM, so this is not a big deal, but could be nice.

Cheers.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by brp
All,
I know that this is a YMMV kind of question. I'm just trying to get a sense of any experiences with having the OAK Escape allow an extra guest on a Saturday right at open. We have a flight AS: OAK-KOA memorial day weekend. Two of us (Cardmember and wife) are flying in F (but I know that AS premium is nit listed as an entrance criterion) and 2 (brother and sis-in-law) in Y.

Does anyone have experiences with this lounge as far as rule-bending in a case like this? The flight is at 6:40AM, so this is not a big deal, but could be nice.

Cheers.
I would expect a firm NO, as the lounge will be giving you access for free, because AX won't reimburse. You may consider checking out Groupon, which has had periodic OAK lounge access promos. (There are time restrictions, typically limited to when the Euro flights depart later in the day.)
icelandman2 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:31 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I would expect a firm NO, as the lounge will be giving you access for free, because AX won't reimburse. You may consider checking out Groupon, which has had periodic OAK lounge access promos. (There are time restrictions, typically limited to when the Euro flights depart later in the day.)
Makes sense. Thanks. I didn't realize that the lounge was not compensated for this. A firm NO is very reasonable. We'll be there ourselves in March to check it out. Of course, I'll try in May, while being prepared for denial

With a 6:40AM flight, not really worth paying much at all.

Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.