Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion and Platinum access to Escape Lounges (aka Centurion Studio)

Centurion and Platinum access to Escape Lounges (aka Centurion Studio)

Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I was interested in the OAK lounge until I found out where it's located, near the end of T1. Usually not going to an option for those of us flying WN. A solid ten minute walk from most of the T2 gates.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Gig103
In MSP, for those who have the option of both the Sky Club and Escape Lounge, which would you choose? I've been in the Escape Lounge my only time in MSP but am looking at a trip on DL/KLM in business that connects there. I guess proximity to our gate might play into it, but overall which is better?

Goals: Avoid the crowds (Thanksgiving weekend), get some coffee and soda, charge our devices.
SC at F is nicest/biggest. Escape lounge wasn't crowded the 1 time I've been there. Some blogger had a review of it a while ago.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
I was interested in the OAK lounge until I found out where it's located, near the end of T1. Usually not going to an option for those of us flying WN. A solid ten minute walk from most of the T2 gates.
Kacee - I went to the Escape Lounge at OAK last month. The cold food and cheap alcohol are just not worth the 10-minute walk. There is a reason why the lounge has such poor reviews on yelp.

Last edited by se7en_z; Oct 3, 2017 at 11:27 am
Old Oct 3, 2017, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by se7en_z
Kacee - I went to the Escape Lounge at OAK last month. The cold food and cheap alcohol are just not worth the 10-minute walk. There is a reason why the lounge has such poor reviews on yelp.
I find the lounge perfectly fine, and while there last week (my first lunchtime visit), I found the food plenty decent for a modest pre-flight lunch, including some cold cuts, lox, mini hot sandwiches, salad/veg options, etc. It was also properly staffed. The complimentary wine/bubbles were ok enough, and better than what many domestic airline lounges serve as their free swill.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by pointvortex
SC at F is nicest/biggest. Escape lounge wasn't crowded the 1 time I've been there. Some blogger had a review of it a while ago.
I strongly disagree. I would rank Escape as the best lounge at MSP (although you must exit and go down the hall a bit to the lavatories), then C SC, then the F/G SC. I haven't yet tried the PGA (PP) lounge near Escape, but I would assume that it's mobbed now that Escape no longer accepts PP.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Agree for gates 26 and higher. Not that bad from gates 25 and lower but still better than waiting in line at Starbucks, Chili's, BK, etc.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by se7en_z
I don't think the yelp reviews are really representative of the current state of the lounge. They were understaffed and had difficulty keeping up with crowds for a long time but they've been a lot better the past few times I've been there. They seem to be getting a handle on everything.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Have not tried the SC at MSP, but love the Escape lounge there. I never see anyone in it, which has me slightly worried that they're going to shut it down, but they never swipe my card on entry, so I think AMEX might just be paying them a flat fee to let their cardholders in. Food is definitely among the best I've seen in a domestic lounge, and views of the apron are great.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by Gig103
Goals: Avoid the crowds (Thanksgiving weekend), get some coffee and soda, charge our devices.
If you want to avoid the crowd on Thanksgiving Weekend stay home.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:11 am

I was at the MSP Escape Lounge last week, which I thought was a PP lounge since my PP app wasn't updated. Got in with the Pt card. Now I find out about the MSP PGA Lounge, which was right across the hall. Maybe next time.

There were only a few people in the Escape lounge (~11am Tuesday). Had pretty decent food offerings and the interior space was pretty nice, especially the seating along the windows. Ate a little salad, a chicken taco, then left to get a chick fil-A.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:35 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by linglingfool
Have not tried the SC at MSP, but love the Escape lounge there. I never see anyone in it, which has me slightly worried that they're going to shut it down, but they never swipe my card on entry, so I think AMEX might just be paying them a flat fee to let their cardholders in. Food is definitely among the best I've seen in a domestic lounge, and views of the apron are great.
It had been very crowded until they stopped accepting PP. Now it's wonderfully quiet and peaceful.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 11:29 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
And now back to OAK Escape lounge . . .

Checked it out this afternoon. Really packed (to the point people were forced to share tables) despite the relatively slow hour at OAK (around 4 pm). Not a bad lounge though. WiFi was fast and it is much quieter than the terminal . . . I always have a hard time finding a quiet spot at OAK away from the PA system, so appreciated the absence of same in the lounge. Pretty easy call to come here if I had a departure from Gate 25 or lower. Anything higher than that, and it would have to be 90 minute or longer layover.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:14 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Reno Escape Lounge

I saw the under construction banners at RNO this week on my way to the C Concourse. Looking forward to stoping by. I don't recall if there was an opening date specified.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:28 am

The Escape lounge at BDL is wonderful. BDL is a small airport and the lounge is just steps from B6 and WN gates. The food (been there for breakfast and afternoon snacks) is very good. They have an expensive coffee maker that makes great expresso or regular coffee. Clean restrooms and an area of comfortable chairs to the right after you walk in. Plenty of free alcohol and soft drinks are available on request. Friendly staff. Most importantly: never seen it crowded!
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Robl
The Escape lounge at BDL is wonderful. BDL is a small airport and the lounge is just steps from B6 and WN gates. The food (been there for breakfast and afternoon snacks) is very good. They have an expensive coffee maker that makes great expresso or regular coffee. Clean restrooms and an area of comfortable chairs to the right after you walk in. Plenty of free alcohol and soft drinks are available on request. Friendly staff. Most importantly: never seen it crowded!
Thanks for the report. Now I'm even more hopeful that daughter #2 gets accepted at Smith.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.