Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion and Platinum access to Escape Lounges (aka Centurion Studio)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion and Platinum access to Escape Lounges (aka Centurion Studio)

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: OpenTable VIP!
Was at the OAK lounge today around noon. Definitely not crowded. Quiet to the point of serene. My first time there and was actually pretty impressed. Decent selection of food. Looks like a full bar. Just one staff member to run the whole show -- but she was great, seemed on her game. The coffee is from local Roast Co. Really good.
Old May 19, 2017, 11:32 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by DrivingRain
The food at MSP isnt as good as BDL or OAK. It just isnt presented as nicely. It's sort of sloppy looking. Maybe b/c of those heat lamps or those cafeteria-style cold areas someone else mentioned. BDL/OAK do not have those and the food just looks nicer than MSP.
I do wonder if some of this has to do with the fact that some international airlines use the BDL and OAK lounges for their premium passengers... and that they don't accept PP.
Old May 19, 2017, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DrivingRain
... Im guessing MSP Econ just saw a picture of the food-side of the lounge. .
I didn't just see a picture. I was physically in the BDL Escape lounge and asked whether they yet accepted PP since I knew that the MSP Escape lounge does.

BTW, whenever I've been in the Escape lounge at MSP, there were several people working. IIRC the front desk person (the "dragon who controls entry and answers questions) does not deal with F&B at all. Plus, I've sometimes seen two employees working at the front desk, but this might have been when they expected a relatively large number of people.

Last edited by mia; May 19, 2017 at 12:30 pm Reason: prune quotation.
Old May 19, 2017, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
BTW, whenever I've been in the Escape lounge at MSP, there were several people working. IIRC the front desk person (the "dragon who controls entry and answers questions) does not deal with F&B at all. Plus, I've sometimes seen two employees working at the front desk, but this might have been when they expected a relatively large number of people.
I've seen more than 1 staff member roughly 1/2 of the 6-7 times I've visited in the last 6 months.
Old May 20, 2017, 6:44 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by jgroll57
I've heard rumors that MSP Escape will now be leaving PP starting next month....can anyone confirm or deny? As a Plat cardholder, I'd be fine with that. Less crowding, maybe they can have more food available? The lounge has really gone downhill since it opened.
Priority Pass now indicates the lounge will be leaving the program on June 15.
Old May 20, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: AOPA
Confimed

Msp is leaving PP 6/14. Just put up the sign today.
Old May 20, 2017, 12:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by teddy25
Msp is leaving PP 6/14. Just put up the sign today.
Consistent with speculation above that Amex now has an exclusive deal with Escape.
Old May 22, 2017, 12:19 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I used the MSP lounge in February and liked it. Power ports were EVERYWHERE, I liked the small sandwiches and available non-alcoholic drinks. Wi-fi was fast. Some alcohol was available but that's where I would have a criticism - no menu that indicated what was included and what wasn't. I'm sure the bartender would share that information but I'd rather just know when approaching.
Old May 22, 2017, 4:19 pm

At MSP Escape right now. Not crowded at all and pretty comfy. Just watching the planes go around. Had some cuban sliders and an apple was okay. Might try the soup and a drink.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
At BDL Escape now with a +1. Two staff working the desk and a third in the kitchen/stocking the buffet. The front desk guys are doubling as bartenders.

Complimentary wine selection kind of sucks. Floor outlets are plentiful. Food is okay (think mini-sandwiches and cold cuts, plus a vat of soup).

But it's far better than the terminal and the private bathrooms are very clean and perfect for changing into jeans before a flight. 3pm on a weekday and there are maybe 6 people in here, including me and my guest.

ETA: As I typed that, another 5 people wandered in and I heard the dragon say something about promotional access using an AAA membership. Maybe they're hurting for visitors...
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:45 pm

Add a fourth lounge at Reno-Tahoe.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300476064.html
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:35 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Used the Escape lounge at BDL this past weekend. I wasn't able to check out the alcohol selection, but the food was nice. I was able to enjoy the Mac and Cheese, along with some prosciutto. Unfortunately, it was unclear where the soft drinks were, I was unable to find either cans/bottles or a fountain machine. Good proximity to B6 gates.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Does Centurion card also get you in? Generally Centurion gets the same benefits as plat but wasn't sure if true for this benefit
Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:37 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Originally Posted by brosnan6
Does Centurion card also get you in? Generally Centurion gets the same benefits as plat but wasn't sure if true for this benefit
I show MSP Escape Lounge as part of AMEX Plat lounge access.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
In MSP, for those who have the option of both the Sky Club and Escape Lounge, which would you choose? I've been in the Escape Lounge my only time in MSP but am looking at a trip on DL/KLM in business that connects there. I guess proximity to our gate might play into it, but overall which is better?

Goals: Avoid the crowds (Thanksgiving weekend), get some coffee and soda, charge our devices.

Last edited by Gig103; Aug 8, 2017 at 10:57 pm Reason: Typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.